• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 11 - Angelia Joiner & Frank Warren / Stephenville Sighting

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
About 45mins in and all I can think of is how similar this whole thing is to the Phoenix Lights. Especially the way Angela lost her job. she had lots of outside interest; tried to meet those demands; Told by paper not to; forwards emails home and keeps investigating on own time; fired by paper.

Hmmmm, whats that long persistent rumour about the media and the 'govt' and UFO silence? Sure her paper told her it was embarrassing for the paper. Fine. But Angelia was doing this on her own time now.

Anyway, really cool show so far. I love these types of episodes.

The extra information about what Angelia had to go through was very interesting. The fact that her boss cried in embarrassment when seeing the UFO headline was definitely insightful. Anyone interested in a career in Journalism should listen to the episode to see what kind of drama publishing a UFO story can cause. Now as the interview went on and the topic turned to the credibility of Ricky Sorrells did anyone else notice how she hesitated before answering the question? It could have just been my imagination or the fact that her phone sounded like it had a cat walking over the keys every five minutes pushing the keys. Anyways, even with the extra information the fact still remains that something happened and the radar proof is there.

So far so good (40 mins in). Really enjoying this episode, I have not had the chance to hear Joiner and I think this story deserves a lot of attention in light of radar corraboration and the air force unwillingness to comment about the radar. Great job guys!

GREAT show, you guys! It was a relaxing, easy-going show with lots of information!

Angelina was interesting, and it's always great to hear Frank Warren! He's a wealth of information, keep having him back!

And you are sooo right in that most people have no interest in things such as ufo's (or their disclosure, etc) as it has no direct effect in their 'bubble' of daily life, ya know?

And I wonder if the U.S. Government is EVER gonna say anything!!!???::)

Firstly, really enjoyed the show this week, really good the whole way through. Angelia was such a nice breath of fresh air from a journalist after hearing Paola Harris. Did you notice Angelia actually did some credibility checks on people before writing about their story. Wow, that's really cutting edge compared to the exopolitics sect.

Franks info on Hoover was interesting, I saw another post Hoff started on that, which Ill check back later.

Also, really cool how much other shit is going on in Stephenville, I had no idea there were more sightings and other things going on both with UFO's and also within the town politics of the whole thing. Really interesting stuff. When the paranormal becomes real it does seem to throw things off. I never felt I ever got the whole story until now! You guys asked the right questions. The flairs stuff is really weird.

I'm starting to think the secret gov thinks people will freak out if this stuff becomes big on a mass scale so they do what they can to keep this stuff from getting too big.

By the way Schulyer, if you want me to pass your resume onto my next door neighbors (I literally live next door to a masonic temple) let me know :) The temple next door has a party about once a month and the rest of the time it's pretty empty, seems like mostly a bunch of friendly older dudes hanging out who could easily be at the Knights of Columbus or American Legion shooting back a few.

RE: Joiner's treatment as an employee, it's typical and legal. The employer owns the computer and owns the rolodex. They also have the right to monitor email and Internet use. This has all gone through the courts and is a done deal. It is probably more prevalent in certain fields. Banking is one, for example. And the level of monitoring goes from non-existant to pervasive. My last employer did not monitor at all, but they have email backups and can get to them if necessary.

So you have to protect yourself. Re: E-mail, you should use a non-job account off-site for anything remotely personal. That Rolodex is valuable and at least a copy should be moved off-site. My Rolodex was on my Palm Pilot via Lotus Organizer. I moved the electronic file off-site on a regular basis. I NEVER kept anything valuable to me on my work PCs without a home backup. Legally, it's their property, but hey. I'm the compiler.

My son is in banking. He got a new job and gave his notice. The next day he was fired. When he objected to his treatment his supervisor suggest he not burn his bridges. His reply:

"I'm not the one with the matches."

Firstly, really enjoyed the show this week, really good the whole way through. Angelia was such a nice breath of fresh air from a journalist after hearing Paola Harris. Did you notice Angelia actually did some credibility checks on people before writing about their story. Wow, that's really cutting edge compared to the exopolitics sect.

Franks info on Hoover was interesting, I saw another post Hoff started on that, which Ill check back later.

Also, really cool how much other shit is going on in Stephenville, I had no idea there were more sightings and other things going on both with UFO's and also within the town politics of the whole thing. Really interesting stuff. When the paranormal becomes real it does seem to throw things off. I never felt I ever got the whole story until now! You guys asked the right questions. The flairs stuff is really weird.

I'm starting to think the secret gov thinks people will freak out if this stuff becomes big on a mass scale so they do what they can to keep this stuff from getting too big.

By the way Schulyer, if you want me to pass your resume onto my next door neighbors (I literally live next door to a masonic temple) let me know :) The temple next door has a party about once a month and the rest of the time it's pretty empty, seems like mostly a bunch of friendly older dudes hanging out who could easily be at the Knights of Columbus or American Legion shooting back a few.

I agree, totally enjoyed this show.

I live in Midlothian, TX (actually about 6 miles south in an unincorporated area called Mountain Peak), which is about 75 miles or so ENE of Stephenville. I look occasionally with binocs to the southwest. Have yet to see anything strange. My one and only lifetime experience was a black triangle in July 06 right over my area. So, I guess that is still in the general area of Stephenville, as aeronautical proximities (is that a term?) go. So, maybe things have been going on in the area a bit longer. Not sure. And, I am still not 100% positive that my sighting is not explainable.

After the sightings in early 08, I have often thought about going to Stephenville -- but for what? Just waltz into town, pick people on the street and say like some dork, "Ya'll know anything 'bout them space ships?"

I've passed through it on my way to the Nuke plant at Comanche Peak (they have a small museum and a tour there) and sometimes when we went to see Dinosaur State Valley State Park (very neat place - tracks, museum, camping) we drove to Stephenville. Really nice, quaint town. I can see why Angela did not want to leave.

Just my two cents.

Hey, thanks! I know they look benign, but that's just what they want you to think. They're very likely a sleeper cell. They may not even know it, but when the right sequence of words is sounded during the right ceremony, all hell will break loose. If you're that close, I suggest you construct a 'safe room' in your house, invest in guns and ammo and dried food.....and then go join up.

I had found a phony Stephenville site on the web and put that fact up on my blog and informed Anjelia. The phony blog was one that debunked UFOs. This happened shortly after Anjelia put up her site. Apparently, someone thought the sightings and Anjelia's blog were important enough to try to create a misdirecting distraction.

Hey, thanks! I know they look benign, but that's just what they want you to think. They're very likely a sleeper cell. They may not even know it, but when the right sequence of words is sounded during the right ceremony, all hell will break loose. If you're that close, I suggest you construct a 'safe room' in your house, invest in guns and ammo and dried food.....and then go join up.

They give us crap about sometimes parking in the parking lot, so it might be worth getting a little militant :) The building doesn't have any windows so we can't peak in but I'd expect to see a bunch of guys in robes wearing buffalo horns like on the Flintstones.

I had a somewhat distant relative who was a member when I was a kid and my brother asked him about it and basically he just said, "Those are bad people, don't get involved in that!", pretty strange actually!

From http://www.theufochronicles.com/2008/07/radar-spotted-ufos-near-crawford-in.html The Mutual UFO Network report says radar indicates that several aircraft were found Jan. 8 in the same compass direction and time frame as cited by the witnesses, but were not military and did not have transponders, which relay information about the craft to radar operators.

Sure as hell wasn't some farmers Hang-Gliding! Yet AGAIN another fairly serious violation of American airspace, interestingly only one of the objects headed down to the Crawford ranch. OH! sorry those were F-16's!

I had a somewhat distant relative who was a member when I was a kid and my brother asked him about it and basically he just said, "Those are bad people, don't get involved in that!", pretty strange actually!
My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason and took a stint as Head (or President or whatever) of the Masons in Colorado in the forties. I have a couple of copies of the Scottish Rites. Here's my take on the Masons.

Today they are a social club. In times past they really did try to move knowledge forward through the generations. Moving through the various degrees of Masonry requires extensive and memorization of texts. However, the texts have been subject to extensive political issues over the years, particularly when Christanity got into the act, therefore, ironically, much of the original knowledge has been lost.

This begs the question of whether the information is useful or interesting. Think if we set up a Masonic guild today and had members memorize what we think is important about our culture, particularly from a philosophical or theological point of view. Would this information be useful or interesting to whatever culture suceeds us 2000 years hence? Probably not. I think the original Masons wanted to preserve their thoughts for future generations not understanding that to future generations this information would be irrelevant.

Although the ceremonies of Masonry (one-act plays, really) are 'secret,' the texts, by and large, are not and are readily available. The Masons are a shadow of their former self. In the 19th century a large percentage of men were Masons. In 1924 the membershp in the US was 3.1 million. In 2007 it was 1.4 million. Because of the population increase during that time of about 300% (100 million to 300 million) this represents a drastic decline.

My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason and took a stint as Head (or President or whatever) of the Masons in Colorado in the forties. I have a couple of copies of the Scottish Rites. Here's my take on the Masons.

Today they are a social club. In times past they really did try to move knowledge forward through the generations. Moving through the various degrees of Masonry requires extensive and memorization of texts. However, the texts have been subject to extensive political issues over the years, particularly when Christanity got into the act, therefore, ironically, much of the original knowledge has been lost.

This begs the question of whether the information is useful or interesting. Think if we set up a Masonic guild today and had members memorize what we think is important about our culture, particularly from a philosophical or theological point of view. Would this information be useful or interesting to whatever culture suceeds us 2000 years hence? Probably not. I think the original Masons wanted to preserve their thoughts for future generations not understanding that to future generations this information would be irrelevant.

Although the ceremonies of Masonry (one-act plays, really) are 'secret,' the texts, by and large, are not and are readily available. The Masons are a shadow of their former self. In the 19th century a large percentage of men were Masons. In 1924 the membershp in the US was 3.1 million. In 2007 it was 1.4 million. Because of the population increase during that time of about 300% (100 million to 300 million) this represents a drastic decline.

That's really interesting. Yeah our real estate agent had a friend in the Mason's and told him the introduction ritual was pretty strange, probably part of that one act play. It sounds like the ultimate version of that child's game 'telephone'.

I could be wrong, but after reading John Ronson's book 'Them' I tend to view elite social groups, literally as elite social groups.

Even the Bilderburg to me seems like an excuse for very powerful people to get together and network and discuss issues and possibly partner without the confines, pressure, and public connotations that some of these people being seen at the same place might imply if the press covered it. I don't think this rules out that some plans are put together or that some very sketchy stuff doesn't get formulated at these informal meetings, but also doesn't mean the intention is to sit around and figure out ways to end the world with the elders of zion :)

The part about Bohemian Grove in Ronson's book is pretty funny, sounds like some bizzaro drunken pagean elitist frat party.

The part about Bohemian Grove in Ronson's book is pretty funny, sounds like some bizzaro drunken pagean elitist frat party.

And deifinitely elitist. I once bought a Jaguar (Mk II) from a guy in South San Francisco. He lived in a lush Roman-style villa overlooking the bay, had a Bentley, a Rolls, and two high-end BMWs in his garage. Filthy rich. The one thing he wanted to make sure I knew about him was that he attended 'Bohemian Grove' on a regular basis. The prestiege value of the place is overwhelming.

Sorry, off topic. Maybe should start a Masonic thread somewhere else here.

And deifinitely elitist. I once bought a Jaguar (Mk II) from a guy in South San Francisco. He lived in a lush Roman-style villa overlooking the bay, had a Bentley, a Rolls, and two high-end BMWs in his garage. Filthy rich. The one thing he wanted to make sure I knew about him was that he attended 'Bohemian Grove' on a regular basis. The prestiege value of the place is overwhelming.

Sorry, off topic. Maybe should start a Masonic thread somewhere else here.

I find message boards hard because the nature of conversation is going off topic.... Here is an exert from the book about Ronson's infiltration of Bohemian Grove - http://www.jonronson.com/them_bohemia.html

It's really funny because Ronson just walks in, meanwhile some conspricacy dude (Alex Jones???) ends up trying to be all commando and hide in the woods to get in because he's so paranoid. Great stuff.

Seems like basically anyone can walk into Bohemian Groove, you just gotta act like you belong.

That's goofy about the San Fran guy, typical, so many people get off on stupid stuff like that, but I think all of us in our own way kind of do. I love talking about cool stuff my family members have worked which is kind of bragging, but I don't ever envision playing up the fact I"m part of some elistist country club, like you could give 2 shits he's part of that group when you just trying to buy a car. Is the knock on Jaquars they cost a lot to fix?

Reminds me of the Ron Burgandy movie where he says, "I'm kind of a big deal...."

Listened to this episode today. Interesting show. I had no idea that there were more sightings in the area. The guests sounded intelligent and pretty well informed.

David, I'm sorry your "smoking gun" memo was squashed. That must have been a kick in the balls for you.:eek: Props for standing up and accepting that you were mistaken about it.

Nice job in all. Keep it up!

Listened to this episode today. Interesting show. I had no idea that there were more sightings in the area. The guests sounded intelligent and pretty well informed.

David, I'm sorry your "smoking gun" memo was squashed. That must have been a kick in the balls for you.:eek: Props for standing up and accepting that you were mistaken about it.

Nice job in all. Keep it up!

I dont know if it is squashed. Check out the thread on it.

In the show, Gene or Dave mentions that disclosure might come from France... My answer is... Oh No...
France doesn't have a clue about what is happening, they are light years away behind the US on all military technology and information. France don't just play dumb, they never started playing the game. Contrary to the US, when France say "We don't have any information" they are telling the truth... the largest disclosure in France has already happened through the Cometa report.
I am pretty sure France are still looking up at the sky wondering while the US are building a craft from a recovered UFO... ;)

I dont know if it is squashed. Check out the thread on it.
Ok, I did. Saw some general speculation, but nothing solid either way.

DB is, obviously, a pretty critical thinker, and he seemed to accept what Mr. Warren said. That doesn't make it gospel, of course, but in the context of just discussing the episode, I would still say squashed.

It could still be a smoking gun of some sort. I'm not nearly as well informed about the situation surrounding said memo as some are, so I don't know for sure. But when it comes down to it, no-one but J Edgar knows for sure what exactly was meant by it, so it gets filed under "opinion reserved pending further evidence".

That file, my friend, gets thicker every day. :D

Back