• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Fox

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
Good interview. I'm glad to see James is still at it, making documentaries. But its too bad that he won't be able to work directly in television any more.

I was also impressed by his description of a gigantic UFO and by his reports about the men in black.

I don't want to set Chris off here, but I just have to ask about Ray Stanford. In this episode James Fox and Chris talk about Stanford as being such a genius and so perceptive that it is difficult for him to tolerate average Joes like us -- and Stanford apparently agrees. What I don't get is this casting of Stanford as a an extraordinary scientist. Isn't this the same Stanford who was a contactee, channeler and psychic in the past? Was he a member of a (possibly fascistic) cult called "Soulcraft"? Did he once sell a kind of "UFO detector" that was essentially flashing lights? Does he have a scientific education that I just haven't found? Or is he self-taught in physics, astronomy and so on? (Maybe so -- I'm not knocking it.) I'm having trouble connecting the present admiration for Stanford with his apparent record. Am I missing something?

By the way, I can say professionally that Ray Stanford's paleontological work is excellent.

I don't want to set Chris off here, but I just have to ask about Ray Stanford. In this episode James Fox and Chris talk about Stanford as being such a genius and so perceptive that it is difficult for him to tolerate average Joes like us -- and Stanford apparently agrees. What I don't get is this casting of Stanford as a an extraordinary scientist. Isn't this the same Stanford who was a contactee, channeler and psychic in the past? Was he a member of a (possibly fascistic) cult called "Soulcraft"? Did he once sell a kind of "UFO detector" that was essentially flashing lights? Does he have a scientific education that I just haven't found? Or is he self-taught in physics, astronomy and so on? (Maybe so -- I'm not knocking it.) I'm having trouble connecting the present admiration for Stanford with his apparent record. Am I missing something?

By the way, I can say professionally that Ray Stanford's paleontological work is excellent.

Don't forget the "Hilarion Accelerator" which was a time machine that Ray claimed to have designed and then sought funds to build.

Ray Stanford's Background

I appreciate James Fox's perspective, and I'm sure Ray does strike an impressive figure, from listening to his interviews he sounds like an extremely intelligent guy. The thing is, he could have super human perception and be the smartest man on the planet Earth and it means nothing to the rest of us average Joes if he holds to the same position that he's been holding to for years. Ray is firmly in my grey box, Chris and James both feel that he's an important figure and I respect that, however, until he releases all of the stuff he has claimed to have, I remain dubious of some of his claims. I am, however, very interested to see his new Socorro evidence, especially in regards to the claims that have been made over at UFO Iconoclast. I didn't find Bragallia's articles all that convincing, I mean if he has someone who knows that it's a hoax, then he should be able to tell us how it was pulled off at the very least and yet I saw nothing but speculation and the word of one lone witness, who is providing a second hand account from some unnamed former student.

Last edited:
Very enjoyable show, 701 i am sure is going to be great, everything ,sans Chasing UFOS Fox has been involved in has been illuminating.

Chris a question for you,

What the heck happened to all that paper work? Five pounds of paper? Will this push back the release date for Stalking the Herd?

Overall I really enjoyed the show. I think James Fox answered most of the questions surrounding the dubious show Chasing UFOs.
Although I am very skeptical of some the claims put that forth by Ray Stanford.
Some of Ray Stanford's past claims are very sketchy at best . He may have a mountain of UFO evidence, if so, why not release some of the most compelling.
I wish Mr Fox good luck on his new 701 project. I hope his credibility in the UFO community was not damaged to bad by Chasing UFOs.

Good show nonetheless

(Credibility and UFOs could be a oxymoron)

Praise the lord! His eyes have seen into the abyss and his soul has returned to the path of the enlightened. :D
Thank you, Mr Fox. I hope many others follow your example. Maybe that will make these TV people reconsider their path.

Actually, I haven't been able to listen to the whole interview yet, because my download somehow ended after about the third segment or so. Been the second time now (I still have to catch up to half of the Don Ecker catch up too). Anyone else having these problems?

Interesting opener to the show on the Aztec crash. Here's the link: A Different Perspective: Aztec in Perspective by Monte Shriver - Part One

Plasma may be useful in dampening shock waves, however no type of plasma theory can explain instantaneous high angle turns, in some reports a complete reversal of direction, because plasma does nothing to eliminate the problem of inertia. The only type of propulsion that holds any promise for the level of performance UFOs have exhibited is some sort of antigravity mechanism, and there is no evidence that our science has come even close yet to figuring out how to replicate that technology.

Unless by government you mean our currently elected representatives and are excluding all the various intelligence and military agencies, I don't think it's accurate to say that the government doesn't have a clue about UFOs. Even we have "clues", so it only stands to reason that the high-tech intelligence and military establishments know even more. After all, if they don't, then why pursue Gordon Cooper's film, or the gun camera film, or the mysterious bunker, or all the other stuff they "gotta be keeping somewhere". You can't have it both ways. It's a contradiction to say on one hand that they don't know and on the other say, "They gotta be keeping this stuff somewhere" and "I know that stuff exists. I'm just absolute convinced."

Funneling evidence off to private industry would only give the POB partial plausible deniability. There is no way they'd just hand over full ownership and control to a truly private company. If anything, these companies would be under contract to the military or perhaps even shell corporations.

It would be great to see the Stanford interviews and some of his evidence ( at long last ), not that the Socorro incident can't be reasonably explained by our own technology at the time. But the most interesting about Stanford's input is that it might represent something we haven't already seen 10 million times on every other UFO documentary.

Good call on the MIB question Gene Steinberg . I'd like to see someone catch them on video someday. Why don't people ever make duplicates before giving their evidence to these guys? I mean that would seem to be the first thing you should do, then lock up the original someplace where nobody knows where it is, as well as publish it to some Internet server where it can be instantly published.

I'm not so sure "The Real Life Close Encounters" is such a good promotional line, but there are some aspects of the film that would be worth reproducing. I'd really like to see one of these documentaries done right for a change. For entertainment value, what would help are some convincing, accurate special effects and reenactments combined with historical documentation, witness interviews, and opinions from both scientists and ufologists who have shown a genuine, constructive, and responsible analysis of the phenomenon rather than just relying on the same old names we've all seen a thousand times.

Christopher O'Brien ... Wow, too bad you mysteriously lost your research material. That sucks man. But there's your Trickster action kicking in.

Christopher O'Brien ... Great point on Fukashima, that's something that seems really under reported and underestimated in terms of it's significance. That mess could very well end up causing massive casualties from radioactive poison, cancers and starvation as the food supply is more and more compromised in the land and the ocean. Eventually it will circulate around the entire globe. People don't get it. Nuclear reactors don't just burn out and become harmless like normal fires. This thing will continue to pollute for 1000s of years, and I'm not so sure our environment ( along with us in it ) won't be seriously compromised as a result.

Also check out Pretty Slick: [URL='http://prettyslickthemovie.com/']http://prettyslickthemovie.com/ [/URL]

Last edited:
I had some issues with the show stopping on me, myself, while listening to it. I listened directly from the Paracast website and finally switched to iTunes. iTunes was less hiccup-y but it did freeze twice on me. Nevertheless, I was able to listen to the whole thing.

Thanks for asking my questions! I was glad Mr. Fox did not pursue any interest in Ms. Ryder, which leaves a good chance for the rest of us! Also, Josh Gates hosted the program Destination Truth which, if memory serves, Erin Ryder was on extensively as well. The jab was asking if James was jealous of Josh for working with Erin as a co-host, in the past. It was a lame effort to illicit petty jealousy and possessiveness. My apologies.

On a more serious note, I'm glad James' is opening up to other sourcing for UFO phenomenon, as indicated in his answer to my question. It seems that the longer more serious researchers investigate this field, the less they're willing to accept a strictly ET answer to what we're seeing. I agree that an ET explanation may apply to some of what's experienced, but not all.....and possibly not even the majority of sightings. I own "Out of the Blue" and watched "I know what I Saw" on Netflix....both pretty good features, and I'm happy Mr. Fox is going to stick more with looking into the UFO mystery and not as much into the conspiracy side of the house. I also very-much agreed with his comments involving the raw-ignorance of the general public surrounding UFO's. I've been in a classroom of people when the topic came up off-handedly and some girl wanted to know why people in the swamps are the only people who see UFO's. All I did was write down the title for Leslie Kaine's book and handed it to her on a piece of paper, with a "Read that, and learn" comment. I'm not sure if she ever did.

Good interview over-all.

Peace.

J.

The current server is hugely fast at downloads. I've seen it exceed 40 megabits on a sample file (while doing lots of other stuff), more than twice as fast as the prior server. But since my current ISP plan is capped at 50 megabits, I can't see how fast it'll go.

If you're listening from the GCN player, though, I cannot help what they do. Best is to just download the episode from our site or iTunes, so it's always there and you don't have to fret over streaming oddities.

Yeah.....I was questioning which end the issue was, honestly. I just received a new wireless modem/router two weekends ago and was thinking maybe that was it. It's behaving now, though, so maybe just a temp. glitch.

I've said this before, but I'm looking forward to seeing James' new film, provided there's no Phillip Corso to be found in it. The fact that James found him credible enough to put in, not one, but two of his films throws up serious red flags about his ability to objectively judge witness testimony. The most preliminary of investigations into Corso's claims about seeded technology shows that none of what he's saying matches up even a little bit with the historical record of how this tech was developed and furthermore, you can see his fundamental misunderstanding of the way technology develops over time. Some of his claims are so improbable as to be almost impossible. You can talk about the guy's military record all you want but this particular aspect of his story just does not hold up.

I'd also like to suggest again that James change the tagline of his movie, since it doesn't make sense. If the government didn't want you to know about the 701 unexplained Blue Book cases, then why the hell would they put that information in the public domain? It would've been so simple to either cut down or completely obscure the number of unknown cases, but that didn't happen. I suggest the title: 701, The Number The Government Doesn't Really Care Whether You Know Or Not. Not as catchy or sensational, but probably a bit more accurate.

Last edited:
Speaking of Stanford...

[Note to Gene and Chris, hope you don't mind this first link]

Three 2+ hr long archived podcasts of him can be found here:

Night Search | Blog Talk Radio Feed

No commercials, and the hosts pretty much let him talk the whole time---crank him up, he's just like the energizer bunny :)

NICAP has a paper of his, which may show faraday rings as part of the phenomenon:

Instrumented Sensing, Recording, & Documentation Of Transient Phenomena In UFO Events
Author: Ray Stanford

psi-sympap80

Bulk

Back