• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

Your "side" believes humans are a virus on this planet. We aren't.

Therein lies the problem with how you are thinking. I am not a 'side' and I - personally - for sure - do not think 'humans are a virus'. It's not possible to have an intelligent conversation with someone who thinks in dog-whistle language.

I'm not going to change you. I have no interest. I'm not on a mission - not on a chat site. I'm also not on a chat site to be ill-mannered and rude. If being so yourself rings your chimes - fine. There are plenty of people like you that you will find are happy to play with you. It has very little to do with the actual facts, the actual science or the actual story that is unfolding - which is something of a mystery and is one of the most intriguing scientific stories afoot right now.

'''unfolding''''

funny funny stuff.

No warming in 18 years, no discernable rise in global temperature.

//////////////unfolding\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I thought about it first from your side for about 2 years. When that "side" said the debate is over and science settled I knew it was a scam and looked at it from a historical point of view. You are flat wrong about your views on CAGW but it provides and interesting insight into how social engineering works. You have been conned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite correct, they have been, and still are being conned.
And the beautiful thing about it is, their ego's will never admit it, perfect social engineering on a worldwide basis, in-play as we speak.

Therein lies the problem with how you are thinking. I am not a 'side' and I - personally - for sure - do not think 'humans are a virus'. It's not possible to have an intelligent conversation with someone who thinks in dog-whistle language.

I'm not going to change you. I have no interest. I'm not on a mission - not on a chat site. I'm also not on a chat site to be ill-mannered and rude. If being so yourself rings your chimes - fine. There are plenty of people like you that you will find are happy to play with you. It has very little to do with the actual facts, the actual science or the actual story that is unfolding - which is something of a mystery and is one of the most intriguing scientific stories afoot right now.
I would love to see you defend your position with the scientific method and actual observed data.

I thought about it first from your side for about 2 years. When that "side" said the debate is over and science settled I knew it was a scam and looked at it from a historical point of view. You are flat wrong about your views on CAGW but it provides and interesting insight into how social engineering works. You have been conned.

This is very common on this chat site I have noticed. Taking a poster and having them be a proxy for an imagined, or former, posting 'foe'. (I guess). I've seen it so many times that its lost it's appeal, though it was never appealing to begin with. I am not the phantom opponent you are describing above and think you are jousting with. I know that's not important to you, so carry on, as I know you will. Anyone of intelligence will steer clear - as has already happened. I'm just here to tell you so.

I would love to see you defend your position with the scientific method and actual observed data.

You haven't a clue what my position is. There is nothing I need to 'defend'. You are being absurdist, if you only knew. You've lost perspective.

Though frankly, it's you I have noticed who has never done any real articulation of your own when in a debate on this topic. The last back-and-forth I recall reading was when you issued forth a string of one-liners with Muadib. You never had one coherent reply.

Anyway, have fun. :rolleyes: It's you who have blinded yourself. You appear incapable of real dialog.

I am trying to dialogue with you but you have no clue what you are talking about. You do not even know the foundation of CAGW.

I am trying to dialogue with you but you have no clue what you are talking about. You do not even know the foundation of CAGW.

If you say so, it must be so. Let's leave it at that.

P.S. I've watched you in what I assume you think were 'dialogs' with others on this topic. I already am acquainted with your modus operandi in debate - and your views on this topic, I think. I don't need to engage you in a dialog. I've no interest. It would be time better spent in other ways. Most importantly it wouldn't be fun. Fun is key to chat imo, else why do it?

I asked you several questions to engage youand see what you know but you are unable to articulate your position.

Fun in chat, i'm 100% behind you on that score tyger old son, but ive realised most of my tongue in cheek ''stuff'' is mis-understood alot of the time, i think it's the language barrier with you yanks.

Plus im not above alittle shit-stirring at time's, cos that can be amusin aswell.

I asked you several questions to engage you and see what you know but you are unable to articulate your position.

As I said, have it your way. Let's leave it at that.

P.S. It's impossible to converse with anyone on this topic who thinks there are 'sides' and who believes it's a political football. This whole topic is very interesting stuff, filled with nuances and possibilities. With hardened thinking like yours the subtleties will be missed. Science is an on-going dialog - it's not black-and-white - it's loads of gray and off-the-chart speculations. That's what makes science exciting - creative - cutting edge. The true-believer layperson (both in science and against science) is the worst kind of wet-rag to the pursuit of knowledge.

Fun in chat, i'm 100% behind you on that score tyger old son, but ive realised most of my tongue in cheek ''stuff'' is mis-understood alot of the time, i think it's the language barrier with you yanks.

Must be. Are us Yanks too serious a bunch? Maybe.

Plus im not above alittle shit-stirring at time's, cos that can be amusin aswell.

As you have said in the past, old boy. :cool:

Must be. Are us Yanks too serious a bunch? Maybe.

Yep it is a grey area, oop's for you i mean a gray area.

And im a very mis-understood guy, comic genius, if only you yanks were like canuk's, you would be half way to having a sense of humour then.

Last edited:
As I said, have it your way. Let's leave it at that.

P.S. It's impossible to converse with anyone on this topic who thinks there are 'sides' and who believes it's a political football. This whole topic is very interesting stuff, filled with nuances and possibilities. With hardened thinking like yours the subtleties will be missed. Science is an on-going dialog - it's not black-and-white - it's loads of gray and off-the-chart speculations. That's what makes science exciting - creative - cutting edge. The true-believer layperson (both in science and against science) is the worst kind of wet-rag to the pursuit of knowledge.
That's why I usually put sides in quotes. I do not like the designation either but it's better than calling each other warmists or deniers.

Tell them to come back when they can drop the ''may''.

Oh, but that's science. my man. :cool: Always provisional. There are always caveats. Never black-or-white - with all the possibilities for error and adjustments and moving on. That's what makes it's pursuit so invigorating. IMO.

At 5:00 there is a wonderful depiction of the changes in the Jet Stream and the possible long-term impacts - the 'New Normal'. I think this is amazing stuff. It's happening right in front of us. Life is changing as we speak. We should talk about it - explore it - not shut down the dialog with fear-based ridicule. JMO.

If You Live Near The Coast - YOU MAY WANT TO MOVE!

TEXT: "Published on Oct 10, 2014 Despite what you might hear on Fox So-Called News global warming is real and it's probably worse than we thought."

* Encroaching Tides: Sea Level Rise and Tidal Flooding will threaten East and Gulf Coast Communities over the next 30 years.
* Major portions of coastal cities could become unusable.
* By 2045 coastal cities will see 10x more flooding - worse in the mid-Atlantic states.

Thom Hartmann's 2nd episode of 'Last Hours' on the GreenWorldRising website -
LINK: greenworldrising

Back