• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

I believe gene was referring to scientists or at least those working in the field.
That said I doubt even rush denies that the climate changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will allow Gene to speak for himself, but Limbaugh does in fact deny the level of drastic climate change suggested by scientists promoting the concept of global warming.

The climate has drastically changed from warm to cold for billions of years without humans. There is nothing unusual happening with the climate or weather.

Yes, sadly it is a liberal political issue. The science does not support the claim.

The climate has drastically changed from warm to cold for billions of years without humans. There is nothing unusual happening with the climate or weather.

I think that depends on your definition of unusual, which may be different from others here. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe climate change is an issue worthy of the political or social recognition it receives. Still, it may be beneficial towards everyone's world view to leave the possibility of significant climate change open.

Of course significant climate change will happen!!

AlienEsq what should the maximin and minimum levels of CO2 be?
What should the temperature be?

Scientific observation suggests otherwise. The climate has not drastically changed in this way under these conditions. You are engaging is a kind of dismissive minimizing of the facts - something superficial thinkers do. Why have you chosen to accept the rhetoric of the dilettante in this arena?
Yes, sadly it is a liberal political issue.
As far as I am aware this issue crosses such political boundaries - and I say that based on my experience in my own civic activism. It's possible that you watch news outlets like FOX News, and read written news of the same stripe. There is a great deal of nonsense in such reportage. I am aware that there are many who try to make this a political debate - but those of us working in the trenches know it is far from such.
The science does not support the claim.
But it does. You repeat this dearly held belief with no support.

AlienEsq what should the maximin and minimum levels of CO2 be?
What should the temperature be?
You ask as though you know the answers to these questions. Why not just state your views rather than playing a cat-and-mouse game? Always the absolute minimum effort expended in posting. You never really say anything of substance on the issue.

humans start having a problem around 10,000 ppm CO2 and all plant life dies around 180 ppm. We are at about 400 ppm today and it was around 280 at the beginning of the Industrial Age. We were nearly starved of CO2 and have thankfully recovered a bit.

Yes of course the climate will change again. It always has and always will no matter if humans are here or not.

Guy McPherson is one of those on the extreme end of the science, but his thinking is worth looking at and considering.

LINK: Climate-change summary and update
I think that depends on your definition of unusual, which may be different from others here. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe climate change is an issue worthy of the political or social recognition it receives. Still, it may be beneficial towards everyone's world view to leave the possibility of significant climate change open.
Well, for those dealing with the impact of the changes in climate, there are significant social consequences. In the end, we just work for the best. Los Angeles has already factored in changed sea levels and water supply issues 20 and 30 years out. Each locale will have to make it's decisions regarding the future of it's area's civic planning. In some situations the populations of whole nations (small island nations) will have to be absorbed by other nations, but basically I think the solutions will be locally based.

Scientific observation suggests otherwise. The climate has not drastically changed in this way under these conditions. You are engaging is a kind of dismissive minimizing of the facts - something superficial thinkers do. Why have you chosen to accept the rhetoric of the dilettante in this arena?

As far as I am aware this issue crosses such political boundaries - and I say that based on my experience in my own civic activism. It's possible that you watch news outlets like FOX News, and read written news of the same stripe. There is a great deal of nonsense in such reportage. I am aware that there are many who try to make this a political debate - but those of us working in the trenches know it is far from such.
But it does. You repeat this dearly held belief with no support.
What observation suggests otherwise?
No I do not watch FOX.

Models suggest what you say but actual observed data does not.

I am tired of replying with my phone. I can help you see where you are wrong tomorrow.

What observation suggests otherwise?
Read the scientific literature.
No I do not watch FOX.
Then I wonder how it is you come to think this is a Liberal/Conservative issue.
Models suggest what you say but actual observed data does not.
If you say so - but I see something different when I read the science and talk with scientists engaged in the research. I was one who cautioned trusting computer models in the 1990's - however, it has gone far beyond the computer models alone. JMO.

There is a problem discussing this with you: you think you are 'right'. That colors everything you say because you are not looking to understand various views, you have an agenda - to convince that your pov is the correct pov. Good luck with that.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
- Marcus Aurelius

I am tired of replying with my phone. I can help you see where you are wrong tomorrow.
I am sure it's all the stuff you posted long ago on long buried threads. Why not just link to those threads so that we can see how you responded in the dialog then. Would save time.

Why not just educate yourself and save us both time?

You have study both sides of the science. The man made and programmed climate models and the historical and actual observed data.

Back