• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guy claims alien is in his bed room on air with Stanton Friedman

Thanks, A.LeClair. Interest in UFOs and the paranormal seems to come up in waves. Perhaps it was not so much a coincidence that the two mags would report on this stuff, but a result of a generalised, heightened awareness at the time? Just a thought.

musictomyears said:
Thanks, A.LeClair. Interest in UFOs and the paranormal seems to come up in waves. Perhaps it was not so much a coincidence that the two mags would report on this stuff, but a result of a generalised, heightened awareness at the time? Just a thought.

One tried to copy the other's success is what it was.

A.LeClair said:
Can't believe people actually thought he was a good actor. Over does it.

I thought he was pretty good. Better than half the cardboard-cutouts in hollywood, anyway.

How are you so sure that this is an act? I am not saying that it couldn't be - but how can anybody be sure?

The sound of his voice rings with sheer horror. Never before in my life have I a heard such an emotionally upsetting conversation. When I try to picture this person, I see someone who is very close to loosing his mind. Now, that might be his real problem, and I appreciate that. But, what is someone supposed to sound like, over the phone, who really had the kind of experience this man is talking about, i.e. being privy to monstrously evil preparations by his own government? If I imagine that he really had been working at A51, and was exposed to foreknowledge of impending disasters, I wonder, wouldn't only the most hardened individual be able to keep his cool?

Am I the only one that *doesn't* find this 'funny'?

If the Area 51 guy is for 'real' - well they did a good job of discrediting him.

If he's mentally 'ill' then way to go for having fun at someone less fortunate than you.

If he's an actor playing a 'prank', then this sort of 'joke' will only damage future investigations and the 'applause' will only encourage more of the same.

Finally, is this 'climate of ridicule' going to encourage any would-be whistle-blowers to break cover?

Area 51 guy "funny" no..
Moving comic with guy and alien in his bedroom, yeah..
Area 51 audio with a moving comic? maybe.. probably not.

Well, lets see if we can get a cartoon made of a 911 call - that would be HILARIOUS. Lets say, a woman alone at home, with someone trying to break in - I can feel myself giggling already...

Rick Deckard said:
Am I the only one that *doesn't* find this 'funny'?

If the Area 51 guy is for 'real' - well they did a good job of discrediting him.

If he's mentally 'ill' then way to go for having fun at someone less fortunate than you.

If he's an actor playing a 'prank', then this sort of 'joke' will only damage future investigations and the 'applause' will only encourage more of the same.

Finally, is this 'climate of ridicule' going to encourage any would-be whistle-blowers to break cover?

I didn't find it funny at first. As stated before I shook my head and rolled my eyes. After seeing the drawings I found it amusing. That was thanks to the artist.

musictomyears said:
How are you so sure that this is an act? I am not saying that it couldn't be - but how can anybody be sure?

The sound of his voice rings with sheer horror. Never before in my life have I a heard such an emotionally upsetting conversation. When I try to picture this person, I see someone who is very close to loosing his mind. Now, that might be his real problem, and I appreciate that. But, what is someone supposed to sound like, over the phone, who really had the kind of experience this man is talking about, i.e. being privy to monstrously evil preparations by his own government? If I imagine that he really had been working at A51, and was exposed to foreknowledge of impending disasters, I wonder, wouldn't only the most hardened individual be able to keep his cool?

The same way I'm sure Richard Simmons is gay even though I couldn't probably prove it to some people's satisfaction.

It rings of obvious bad acting and over doing things to me. I hear things differently than you. I hear a guy about to bust out laughing and that's why his voice shakes. Mix that with bad acting and over doing things. Different ways to view/hear things and I go with the more prosaic. You can do what you want however. I don't mind.

The reason you may have never heard a conversation like that, is because it was that poorly done, and not reflective of reality.

He may be crazy. But that isn't evidence he's legit, therefore doesn't change the level of certainty I have that he's probably not reporting a legit case. If he is, the evidence needs to get better before I change my mind.

Rick Deckard said:
Well, lets see if we can get a cartoon made of a 911 call - that would be HILARIOUS. Lets say, a woman alone at home, with someone trying to break in - I can feel myself giggling already...

So, you're comparing faux horror from an admitted hoax with the genuine terror of a life-threatening situation?

I don't know how to even begin to tell you how "apples and oranges" that is...

CapnG said:
So, you're comparing faux horror from an admitted hoax with the genuine terror of a life-threatening situation?

I might be lost, sorry. Which one is the admitted hoax? The one you linked? Wasn't aware someone fessed up to it. Or forgot.

A.LeClair said:
I might be lost, sorry. Which one is the admitted hoax? The one you linked? Wasn't aware someone fessed up to it. Or forgot.

Yes. Supposedly the guy has called in on other occaisions and admitted to faking the call. True believers argue this is psy-ops pointing out (quite rightly) that faking the call doesn't explain the satellite problems. Apparently, people who believe super-strongly in the alien/government connection don't believe in coincidences...

CapnG said:

You are a master at consistently 'missing the point'....I think you must be doing it deliberately. I ain't gonna spell it out to you again - everyone else seems quite capable of logical reasoning.

A.LeClair said:
The reason you may have never heard a conversation like that, is because it was that poorly done, and not reflective of reality.

Not really. I've had a chequered career, and I have been a therapist for several years. I have watched people crack up, and I treated people who had been in and out of mental institutions. I know what a mental breakdown looks and sounds like. It's not funny.

I have absolutely no proof that this call is genuine. Neither do we seem to have any proof that it isn't. But I know what I feel in my stomach when I hear that MP3.

Rick Deckard said:
You are a master at consistently 'missing the point'....I think you must be doing it deliberately. I ain't gonna spell it out to you again - everyone else seems quite capable of logical reasoning.

You get alot of nose bleeds on that high-horse of yours? If you had actually made a point somehere, perhaps I wouldn't have missed it so easily.

CapnG said:
Yes. Supposedly the guy has called in on other occaisions and admitted to faking the call. True believers argue this is psy-ops pointing out (quite rightly) that faking the call doesn't explain the satellite problems. Apparently, people who believe super-strongly in the alien/government connection don't believe in coincidences...

I'd like to hear the confession call. Strange I don't recall it. I do recall he called at least one time after the initial call though. Interesting, thanks.

Back