• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gun camera shots

You guys have seen balloons before, I take it?

Lance

If you are stating this is a shot of a balloon, look at the information along with the photo.
Moving around 300 knots...makes 1000 foot altitude movements at a time up to 13,000 feet.
Picked up on radar, seen by ground observers.
I'd like to see a follow up to this story vetted, interviews with the reporter, pilot, control tower personnel, radar operators, etc.

Yeah, I'm sorry but if that's a balloon, I'll shit in my hat. The picture is a bit fuzzy so it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like any kind of balloon I've ever seen, there's no markings on it, and on top of that it doesn't fit the pilots description at all. I still think that it's either some kind of hoax or a genuine unknown. And given the fact that I haven't been able to find anything about a follow up or photo analysis, I'm leaning toward hoax.

This old photo recently resurfaced for some reason and is included in the latest Filer's Files.
There was a good overview of this case on ATS two years ago with additional photos and it also featured some discussion of the balloon explanation:
The “Cecconi Case”: an Italian UFO Cover-up!, page 1
solar_powered_airship.jpg

This balloon is still available and can be found on amazon.com
Customer Image for Toysmith UFO Solar Balloon

This old photo recently resurfaced for some reason and is included in the latest Filer's Files.
There was a good overview of this case on ATS two years ago with additional photos and it also featured some discussion of the balloon explanation:

But was it available in 1979 when the photo was taken? Let's also not forget that this thing, according to the description, was first spotted at 7,000 ft and then rapidly ascended, 1,000 feet at a time, to 13,000 feet. Now I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like the behavior of any balloon I've ever seen. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that it seems to be stretching a bit if the description of the objects behavior is correct. If the description isn't correct, and the story is BS, then it really doesn't matter what's in the picture because it's just part of an attempted hoax.

Hey I remember those balloons! My Dad and I got one from Edmund Scientific around 1980. It floated by heat from the sun, but even in 90+ degree weather it would only go up about 30 feet or so. It was more trouble than it was worth as I remember.
I suppose someone could fill one with helium/hydrogen/methane?

Good phot if real. I've always had a special interest for cigar-shaped objects. Long-time listeners and those exploring the archives may have heard the story of Dave Biedny's family in Caracas, Venezuela.
Supposedly these large cigar UFOs are like aircraft carriers, holding and deploying smaller 'scout' craft and David claimed to have seen some kind of Star Trek 'cloaking' effect break down and with several discs arranged around the outside of the cigar, the cloak activated again.

He also said that there was no mistaking the distance -it was a very large object quite far up in the sky, not a smaller object appearing larger and farther away.

Still waiting to hear an update on David's efforts to research the Venezuelan media of the time for reports. To read such a report and maybe hear from other possible witnesses would be fantastic for real UFOlogy.

Right, now 'Redtube' for a goosey gander.....;)

Back