• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene, It's Time To Mend a Bridge

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since none of us know exactly what caused the rift, perhaps it would be best if we kept our noses out of it and let the people involved decide when and if they want to be communicating.

And that is said from experience and applies to those who think they know what happened, to those who are 'certain' they know what happened and to those who admit they know squat.

i couldn't agree more, I along with everyone else only have bits and pieces of rumored info about the falling out between the shows.

I finally listened to the Paratopia show that was in question, 2 and a half hours of compelling, provocative, radio. It is too bad that Vaeini ruined the last 30 min with unnecessary bashing of Gene and co. Jeff had some harsh words to say, but Jeremy was the worst,

As a complete side note, was anyone a little saddened by the shows new intro, I guess the whole David leaving thing became real tonight. :(

Closer to home, The Paracast needs Biedny...simple as that. He is abrasive, petulant, surprisingly thin-skinned and combative, all of which makes him very listenable. On the other hand, he does his homework and comes to the table well-prepared. I must say, much as I found him often annoying, I do miss him.

Funnily enough, I found him all the things you mention and always thought "ah but I'd miss him" but I don't. Personally, I think the guest presenters are a breath of fresh air and show just how tired (and, sorry, but yes, tiresome) DB had become.

Paratopia show with Mr Nick Refern was very good its a shame the bad comments proir and after though ,

These guys need to pull their heads in and act like mature age human beings .:(

They did step over the line with all the comments and it a shame because it refelects on all the strange awarness community. :(

This is why the average joe bloggs keeps:eek: well away from this field of discovery.:frown:

Grow up lads!:D

Move on!

Jeff and Jeremy don't need me to defend them but I thought their comments on the Jacobs issue were right on the money. And why shouldn't they be mad? They should just sit back and allow people to attack them? They should remain silent when someone like Ecker publicly says that someone should kick Vaeni's ass? You can say what you want about them, at least they are honest about their own foibles and shortcomings, something, (as a regular listener to the Paracast) I can say doesn't happen on the Paracast.

Having said all that, there's room for everyone. Different people have different approaches.

I don't know but I still pretty much trust David's instinct when it comes to judgment of character..and if a person was not on the show anymore, there was probably very good reason.. I still think he was looking out for the reputation of the Paracast at the time, if there was one to preserve. I just disagree to just open the door to certain people just because David left, is kind of sneaky in my opinion.. I would think Gene still has some mutual respect for David and vice versa.. so I'm not sure it would be worth it to really burn that bridge completely.. There are plenty of other guests to go after, why look to bring back old guests that might leave bad taste in the Paracast's mouth? Might as well bring back Michael Horn and David Serada while your at it.

I don't know but I still pretty much trust David's instinct when it comes to judgment of character..and if a person was not on the show anymore, there was probably very good reason.. I still think he was looking out for the reputation of the Paracast at the time, if there was one to preserve. I just disagree to just open the door to certain people just because David left, is kind of sneaky in my opinion.. I would think Gene still has some mutual respect for David and vice versa.. so I'm not sure it would be worth it to really burn that bridge completely.. There are plenty of other guests to go after, why look to bring back old guests that might leave bad taste in the Paracast's mouth? Might as well bring back Michael Horn and David Serada while your at it.

Mending bridges does not mean that the charlatans in the paranormal field will suddenly turn up. If we have any on, they'll be subjected to rigorous cross-examination.

Mending bridges means that a few well-meaning people were not treated as courteously as they should have been along the way. That is something we want to fix.

Gene, I totally understand that and I also trust your judgment as well. I'm sure you obviously know what your doing, so bring them on...and I'm sure Michael Horn isn't knocking on your door, haha!

Gene, I totally understand that and I also trust your judgment as well. I'm sure you obviously know what your doing, so bring them on...and I'm sure Michael Horn isn't knocking on your door, haha!

He's not. None of them are, really.

Personally, I think the guest presenters are a breath of fresh air and show just how tired (and, sorry, but yes, tiresome) DB had become.
If you were from Jersey, Grannysmith, you would know that the body can only take so much fresh air before IT becomes not only tiresome but very boring!

Since none of us know exactly what caused the rift, perhaps it would be best if we kept our noses out of it and let the people involved decide when and if they want to be communicating.

And that is said from experience and applies to those who think they know what happened, to those who are 'certain' they know what happened and to those who admit they know squat.

Point taken. It's also sometimes appropriate for friends who have the benefit of distance from a situation to urge mutual friends to reconcile.

Jeff and Jeremy don't need me to defend them but I thought their comments on the Jacobs issue were right on the money. And why shouldn't they be mad? They should just sit back and allow people to attack them? They should remain silent when someone like Ecker publicly says that someone should kick Vaeni's ass? You can say what you want about them, at least they are honest about their own foibles and shortcomings, something, (as a regular listener to the Paracast) I can say doesn't happen on the Paracast.

Having said all that, there's room for everyone. Different people have different approaches.

As I was the guest on Don's show that night, and apparently you weren't listening, and so don't have the context (which Vaeni typically blew out of proportion), Don said that it was a shame that Zecharia Sitchin had daughters instead of sons, because then maybe the sons would go kick Vaeni's ass for repeatedly making fun of Sitchin and Sitchin's dead wife, which Don, as a friend of Sitchin, found really offensive. Now, if anyone really thinks that Don Ecker was saying that people on the street of NYC should track Vaeni down and kick his ass, they're as loopy as Vaeni is.

By the way, while I heard Ritzmann apologize for his part in the tastless "skit" he and Vaeni put on about Sitchin and his wife (and good for JR), all I heard from Vaeni was how he was the victim, and how bad Don Ecker was... and a point blank refusal to apologize for the offensive "skit" that set Don off in the first place.

As I was the guest on Don's show that night, and apparently you weren't listening, and so don't have the context (which Vaeni typically blew out of proportion), Don said that it was a shame that Zecharia Sitchin had daughters instead of sons, because then maybe the sons would go kick Vaeni's ass for repeatedly making fun of Sitchin and Sitchin's dead wife, which Don, as a friend of Sitchin, found really offensive. Now, if anyone really thinks that Don Ecker was saying that people on the street of NYC should track Vaeni down and kick his ass, they're as loopy as Vaeni is.

By the way, while I heard Ritzmann apologize for his part in the tastless "skit" he and Vaeni put on about Sitchin and his wife (and good for JR), all I heard from Vaeni was how he was the victim, and how bad Don Ecker was... and a point blank refusal to apologize for the offensive "skit" that set Don off in the first place.

I have nothing at all against these guys, I don't listen to their show, know them only from older paracast shows.I just don't get wtf some people seem to stir up here between both shows.

I'm glad Don Ecker did that expose on his show.

When people behave like those two and act so damn indecent; they ought to be shamed.

I'll say no more.

Maybe I should listen to that Sitchin 'skit' to get the 'whole' picture, can anyone name the episode or even better link me to it ? Per pm would be fine.

I just disagree to just open the door to certain people just because David left, is kind of sneaky in my opinion.

Don't want to start anything or take things out of context. In that vein I'm sure the above quote wasn't actually meant as distastefully as I found it. But here goes:

David LEFT! He LEFT! Gene is under NO (damn to much coffee and I can't think of the word I want here) But under no obligation to be "loyal" or disloyal to David. Gene has a show to do and he needs to move it on the way it should be moved on. Nothing "sneaky" about that. It's all right there on the airwaves. Geeeessh! Let people do their thing and enjoy the "free" ride and podcast or don't. Sorry in advance but the "sneaky" comment bothered me.

Maybe I should listen to that Sitchin 'skit' to get the 'whole' picture, can anyone name the episode or even better link me to it ? Per pm would be fine.

It's their 50th anniversary episode.

I heard it. Fresh from my decoding of the archive "organization," I was listening, because I like listening to what Paul has to say. I had actually not paid much attention to this discussion and it caught me by surprise.

They were way out of line. I had been willing to give Jeff the benefit of the doubt, but anyone who claims to be an adult should know better. You don't attack someone's family and you respect people's grief. Period. FYI, my mother, who is an eminently non-senile 85 years old, still gets sad on the anniversary of my dad's death, which was fifteen years ago next month. For that matter, so do I, and I'm proud to say it. And it is also true that financial circumstances matter for some people. Sitchin probably needs to make some money from his personal appearances. That seems perfectly reasonable, and the Paratopia boys should have known that.

It's their 50th anniversary episode.

Incorrect, that would be Jeremy's "Culture of Contact" 50th episode. Not Paratopia's.

As an aside, we're not talking about anything new here. Ecker, or someone, dug through 2-year-old episodes to find something to bash us about. Speaks volumes, really to the desperate nature.

Anyway, just so we can all get a firm grip on who else was on that 50th CoC episode? Your departed host from the Paracast. I guess nobody cares if he depicts George Noory as a buffoonish coke-head for comedy's sake. That's not an over-the-line caricature in need of apology because Ecker's not friends with George and is friend's with Dave. More double standard and selectiveness it seems.

As far as those disappointed in me over my participation in it 2 years ago: I apologized publicly for the offensive nature - but it was far more about the context of the situation than the man - so get over it.

But, when you do an offensive bit, people are bound to voice their anger. Don wasn't the only one offended. In fact, Jeremy was "told off" by someone about the Zacharia stuff in the CoC message board comments section regarding that very show - and guess who chimed in to support Jeremy?

Right. So, here it is - and Paul, do make sure Don sees this too.
---------------------------
David Biedny wrote:

Joseph,

I feel I know something about you, having met you a couple of times and speaking to you at length. You need to realize that Jeremy is doing something important here - calling a BS artist a BS artist is a mitzvah, it' a good deed, and the fact that it makes people laugh is even better. Joseph, you're an intense person, and I like to think that I am as well - but sometimes you need to come up for some air, and realize that people like Greer and Stitches open themselves up to ridicule - no surprise, as they're ridiculous people. Greer has shown his true colors, and they're not pretty. I've never understood the fascination with Sitchin, but one can never underestimate the ignorance of the masses.

Anyway, I personally hope you change your mind and attend the Culture of Contact event, it would be nice to see you and calm you down.

dB
----------------------

So, there's that...yeah.

All that aside...

We at Paratopia do not do "hit" episodes or exposé pieces where we bring someone on to shred 'em. We don't typically engage the commonly known morons in discussion for any reason - to do so only acknowledges them as worthy of time and attention.

The Emma Tapes episode was a hot button topic to begin with, and our reactions to how this matter was treated by this forum's figureheads was mild in comparison to some Paracast episodes. We did not attack this show as a whole - but those who used a website to attain some sort of authoritative position (or the appearance of one) regarding who's "good and bad" within the field. That party(s) behavior in reaction to the Emma case was deplorable, and we rightly pointed that out.

So, as far as all the other nonsense in this thread about me, Jeremy, or the show - I consider all the sources' motivations transparent: Jealousy, and/or an over-zealous loyal fan-base.

That's about as much response as you'll get from me about the lies and cheap shots spread throughout. As we announced on the show, we have a new policy of not acknowledging the malcontents of ignorance anymore, so you needn't expect a reply past this one.

Love our show? Hate it? That's your choice. But don't spread false information about it or us. There's opinion and then there's wrong information. I felt the latter needed to be addressed. Thanks to those here that showed the issues are far more important than the personalities.

~Jeff`

Incorrect, that would be Jeremy's "Culture of Contact" 50th episode. Not Paratopia's.

As an aside, we're not talking about anything new here. Ecker, or someone, dug through 2-year-old episodes to find something to bash us about. Speaks volumes, really to the desperate nature.

Anyway, just so we can all get a firm grip on who else was on that 50th CoC episode? Your departed host from the Paracast. I guess nobody cares if he depicts George Noory as a buffoonish coke-head for comedy's sake. That's not an over-the-line caricature in need of apology because Ecker's not friends with George and is friend's with Dave. More double standard and selectiveness it seems.

We at Paratopia do not do "hit" episodes or exposé pieces where we bring someone on to shred 'em. We don't typically engage the commonly known morons in discussion for any reason - to do so only acknowledges them as worthy of time and attention.

Love our show? Hate it? That's your choice. But don't spread false information about it or us. There's opinion and then there's wrong information. I felt the latter needed to be addressed. Thanks to those here that showed the issues are far more important than the personalities.

~Jeff`

Ritzman, the fact of the matter is simple. You and your co-hort went after a 90 year old man still grieving over his dead wife and YOU were VICIOUS. Then you degenerated into mimicking Sitchen talking about giving Vaeni "hand-jobs" and then "blow-jobs" and all the rest of that shit. Personally I don't give a damn who you or Vaeni blow or give hand-jobs to, but what you did, no matter how you try to dress it up was just despicable. You don't like what I just said? Too god-damn bad. You and that greaseball you hang out with ought to hang your heads in shame.

And by the way, no I didn't go digging up anything, somebody sent me the link to that show just a couple of days before I addressed the issue. And I will say it again, I am just really sorry that Sitchen has daughters instead of sons. Because what you and Vaeni did deserves an ass-kicking.

Don Ecker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back