• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene, It's Time To Mend a Bridge

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old nutsack

Gene, I am deeply sadden by your Co-Hosts departure, but I think you should use this time to repair some burned bridges. It seems that you and Bill Birnes have worked out previous issues, although it was mostly a David v. Bill battle. I think that you should take David's departure and look at it as a time to extend an olive branch to Jeff Ritzmann. I could care less about Vaeni, he is a joke, but the episodes where Jeff was featured is some of the best that the Paracast has seen. I understand that many things have been said on both sides, and not that David is a bad guy, but he is a bit ho tempered and chances of anything between you guys getting repaired when David was around is next to nothing. It is time to bury the hatchet between the both of you, the paranormal world will be better for it.

I am happy to mend fences where it makes sense. There's enough conflict and outright hate in this world already. Let me consider what steps to take. But remember it works both ways. So it may be that some folks need to reach out to us too.

Believe me Gene I understand, and if I wasn't banned from the paratopia forums I would present Jeff with the same question. Wouldnt it be nice though if you took initiative and fixed the broken relationship. With the Ufology world coming apart at the seams becuase of constant barrage of worthless shit from crazy crystal worshiping contactee's; it is more imperative than ever that two of the last remaining bright spots in a field of darkness be on the same team. We see far to much of the standard adversarial approach in the Ufology field, and truthfully that was my biggest gripe about David towards the end. I think you and Jeff should have a dialogue, and try to understand why both of you feel the way you do. You don't have to agree with him, but at least understand why he may have some of the feelings that he does. That is the first step, for the sake of you, the Paracast fans, and all of Ufology, please take the initiative.

And anyone who has access to the Paratopia Forum, I encourage them to pass this message along to Jeff. Even though it is a shame that David left the show, we as fans of the show have the opportunity to make something wonderful happen that would have never had the chance to if David was still around.

Everyone in life has to pick their battles wisely, and you can't be at war with everyone. A battle with Greer is probably one well worth fighting, as well as a few of the other frauds such as Knell. I never understood the escalation with Richard Dolan -- yes there are disagreements around his research, but he ultimately was a potential friendly force, certainly not an adversary a priori. To be clear, a realist approach to UFOlogy doesn't necessarily mean an adversarial relationship.

Very true, and I ubderstand where you are comming from, I also agree that some people need to be called out about their antics. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought that what Gene and David do was wrong, that isn't what I meant. All I am saying is that I think Gene should capitalize on this opportunity to reach out to Jeff Ritzmann and they should share a dialouge as two respected ufologists. With Dave and his sometimes over adversarial moments out of the picture, I think it is a great time for the show and Jeff to get back onto speaking terms.

Gene, I am deeply sadden by your Co-Hosts departure, but ...

dB hasn't "departed." The ultimate plan/hope is that he will return, and the sooner the better. Though I agree with mending-the-fences with Ritzmann, and maybe Birnes, that could lead to a few uncomfortable discussions if/when dB returns. I'm sure David will question why, within two weeks of him taking his leave of absence (which is NOT a departure!) people he had disagreements with were suddenly all over the show. If/when dB comes back, are these people going to "depart" the Paracast, then? Are we going to stop hearing about UFO Magazine once more when David resumes the throne?

I am sorry, but it really looks like it's a case of "Yea! David Biedny's gone so all the people we had problems with can now come on the show!!" It's almost like he's been drummed out and now has no say in the show, anymore. I'm very uncomfortable with that, and cannot get over the feeling that it's disrespectful to dB on SO many levels. I think what would make me feel a bit better is if we, the Paracast audience, heard from David directly, giving his consent or blessing to having Birnes sponsor the show again, or having Ritzmann return. It's my strong believe that David still has some say in how the show is ran and represented. That being said, how does he really feel about these mending-of-fences himself?

Hi Gene,

Just like to say big thankyou to Mr Bill Birnes from bottom of my heart supporting the release of POWs held in captivity:) and for his work on UFO Hunters.8)

Peace,:D
blowfish

I think Ritzman will have to tone down the BS before anyone should approach him about some sort of reconcilliation. While Jeff does have a pretty fair podcast, he also has a pretty big, loud, insulting and foul mouth of his own. Its hard to reconcile with someone who laughs at you, mocks you, insults you, the hosts, the forum, and ultimately and unequivicably disrespects you.

I like listening to Jeff Ritzman interviews (top notch guests and subjects), but he seems to be a very angry person. I could see how it might be hard to "mend fences" with him.

I thank you all for the reply's, and I agree with almost everything that you all have said. I beleive I have approached this wrong; let it be known that if was between David returning or Jeff Ritzmann returning, I choose David any day of the week.

I really do not like the way Vaeni and Jeff conduct themselves sometimes on their show, but I also think that that is the way that show is marketed. I dont know Jeff personally and dont pretend to, so maybe that is just the way Jeff is, I just do not know. From all the interviews I've read or listened to away from Paratopia Jeff has been calm, and very gracious.

Look, this is just a regurgitation of a thought I had while working out listening to an old Ritzmann episode. I'm simply think that it is time to let bygones be bygones and repair that particular relationship.

The paratopia guys are a mixed bag for me really. I used to think Jeremy was funny, and I liked to listen to Jeff's stories but I just don't like listening to them anymore. Most of all i find them extremely hypocritical... i mean they both run around trashing everybody else's stories, laughing at them and saying what jokes people are.... and then they go and tell their stories which are equally as far fetched. Sure, if they have their stories, its fine to tell them, but its not fine to go round poking fun at everyone when you've been running round for the last 5 years telling everyone what is (in my opinion) likely to be an embellished sleep paralysis story.
Worst of all, they do these little comedy sketches where they do silly voices and impressions of people, and then think its all a big joke. Well maybe it wouldnt be such a bad joke if they didnt get so upset (Jeff in particular) when people poke fun back at them. You've only to read some of Jeff's last posts on this forum before he was banned to see he gets very childishly upset when people make comments about his voice.
Its a golden rule of mine... "if you can't take it, don't dish it out"

That said, i preferred it when everyone wasnt fighting.... its almost getting like the school playground in ufology at the moment.

I thank you all for the reply's, and I agree with almost everything that you all have said. I beleive I have approached this wrong; let it be known that if was between David returning or Jeff Ritzmann returning, I choose David any day of the week.

I really do not like the way Vaeni and Jeff conduct themselves sometimes on their show, but I also think that that is the way that show is marketed. I dont know Jeff personally and dont pretend to, so maybe that is just the way Jeff is, I just do not know. From all the interviews I've read or listened to away from Paratopia Jeff has been calm, and very gracious.

Look, this is just a regurgitation of a thought I had while working out listening to an old Ritzmann episode. I'm simply think that it is time to let bygones be bygones and repair that particular relationship.

I would like to see David return one day. We need folks like him to keep the balance between the honest and the over the top stuff. I (as I've said b4) can appreciate the "just let em talk" method of Art Bell. At least Ian Punnett actually "reads" and that helps his interviews. Norry drives me nuts but he doens't seem to be a bad guy. But, people like David who hold your feet to the fire are badly needed. So, rest up David and get back in there.

…i preferred it when everyone wasn't fighting.... its almost getting like the school playground i….
I agree: why not aspire to creative thinking and the Rodney King/teamwork approach, instead of recriminations, finger-pointing and business-as-usual? Isn't it obvious? After 60+ years, the wheel needs repair... uhh

At least Ian Punnett actually "reads" and that helps his interviews.
Not to wander too far off topic here, but Ian is, by far, THE best radio interviewer on air today. He is incredibly well-read, rational, very articulate and he has a great sense of humor.. I actually come away from his broadcasts better informed; his interviews are always time well spent.

Closer to home, The Paracast needs Biedny...simple as that. He is abrasive, petulant, surprisingly thin-skinned and combative, all of which makes him very listenable. On the other hand, he does his homework and comes to the table well-prepared. I must say, much as I found him often annoying, I do miss him.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Peter Weller aka Buckaroo Banzai.

I listened to the last episode of Paratopia and both of those guys made it pretty clear that they don't wish to fight with people on other shows or websites anymore. I like both of them and I think Jeff's first visit on the Paracast is the best episode you ever had. If you guys can make peace, then I would.

I said this before and I will say it again. I have no clue what actually happened with the "fallout" there. Just two sides. All I know is if I became friends with someone in a real sense I would not throw it away for life because of whatever petty reasons on both sides. I had a falling out with one of my best friends in HS and he died before we ever made peace. It still bothers me and always will. Food for thought.

Paratopia show with Mr Nick Refern was very good its a shame the bad comments proir and after though ,

These guys need to pull their heads in and act like mature age human beings .:(

They did step over the line with all the comments and it a shame because it refelects on all the strange awarness community. :(

This is why the average joe bloggs keeps:eek: well away from this field of discovery.:frown:

Grow up lads!:D

Move on!

I listened to the last episode of Paratopia and both of those guys made it pretty clear that they don't wish to fight with people on other shows or websites anymore. I like both of them and I think Jeff's first visit on the Paracast is the best episode you ever had. If you guys can make peace, then I would.

Have you listened to Paratopia recently. March episode 2010, episode 57, The Emma Woods tapes. This is a fascinating episode about how a UFO researcher has absolutely gone above and beyond his duty to be a douchebag and when they get caught in the act, how they respond. Unfortunately, at the end of the episode, there is a 30 minute diatribe against, Gene, Paracast Moderators, The UFO Watchdog, The Paracast, The Paracast forum, David, etc... This isn't years ago, this is last month!

While Jeff Ritzman may be well within his rights to be angry about a few issues or perhaps in a state of disbelief over how his guest (Emma Ward) was treated, he very clearly does want to fight, does it in very explicit terms, and makes no bones about name calling, backstabbing, and doing so in a very public and childish way.

The show was awesome, but ended very badly. Like having a very nice dinner and then having a dog turd for desert.

So to the Jeff Ritzman apologists out there....pu-leaze!

Have you listened to Paratopia recently. March episode 2010, episode 57, The Emma Woods tapes. This is a fascinating episode about how a UFO researcher has absolutely gone above and beyond his duty to be a douchebag and when they get caught in the act, how they respond. Unfortunately, at the end of the episode, there is a 30 minute diatribe against, Gene, Paracast Moderators, The UFO Watchdog, The Paracast, The Paracast forum, David, etc... This isn't years ago, this is last month!

While Jeff Ritzman may be well within his rights to be angry about a few issues or perhaps in a state of disbelief over how his guest (Emma Ward) was treated, he very clearly does want to fight, does it in very explicit terms, and makes no bones about name calling, backstabbing, and doing so in a very public and childish way.

The show was awesome, but ended very badly. Like having a very nice dinner and then having a dog turd for desert.

The Paracast Hosts and Schuyler would need to hear an apology, in my opinion, before you can mend fences. It was a half hour of a crap from Vaeni and Ritzman. It interesting how Ritzman avoids spewing too much anger on air and he let Vaeni do his thing. That is a mark of intelligence/street wise intelligence from Ritzmann letting the other guy take the fall for most of the anger that would come there way. This are childish arguments, one had a different opinion to there's about this Emma Wood's character. No need to get all hot and bothered because somebody did not agree with ye. It just an opinion.

Without delving into what they said about us, and I didn't actually listen to the episode in question, there's some degree of entertainment value in fiery rhetoric. I don't begrudge them the right to have a show, though I would hope they'll make an attempt to hold back a bit as far as the excesses are concerned. They are possibly taking the cue from some of the traditional talk radio hosts who have routinely engaged in far more volatile behavior. Anyone ever listen to Michael Savage? It's an act; that guy is not nearly that crazy off the air.

Yes I did listen to that. I also listened to the following episode that said EXACTLY what I said in terms of making a point to not want to go down that route. Did you happen to listen to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back