• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Flight 370: Wild scenarios

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Latest is that it possibly flew southward on a heading to Antartica. Doesn't jive with the sequence of events and the claims of low altitude flying. Flying low means higher drag from higher air density thus more fuel usage for the distance.

However the following horrific scenario might have been carried out during the hijack:
Can a Boeing 777 pilot deactivate the passenger cabin oxygen masks and purposely depressurize the plane and while in flight?

"Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is said to have climbed above Boeing's recommended altitudes for the 777 model when it reached a height of 45,000ft. "

Here's my best guess of events... assuming this was a terrorist event:
  • Co-Pilot sends last good night message to air controller
  • Co-pilot disables communications
  • Pilot and co-pilot put on independent oxygen masks, depressurize the passenger cabin while turning off the oxygen supply to passengers.

"The oxygen supply (O2 bottles) can be shut (oxygen valve at bottles or valve in cockpit, thereby oxygen supply would not get to masks, therefore not deploy the masks (aneroid switch) in the cabin "

All passengers are dead and pilots now in control of a future guided missile head for a pre-selected pre-arranged airstrip somewhere in Jihad land. Apparently the captain had a simulator cockpit in his home practicing landing large aircraft on short airstrips around the Indian Ocean.

Philip Greenspun's Weblog » Stealing and stashing a Boeing 777?

The real eye-opener is the fact that such an expensive jet (300M$+) would not have better tracking equipment ?!

Latest is that it possibly flew southward on a heading to Antartica. Doesn't jive with the sequence of events and the claims of low altitude flying. Flying low means higher drag from higher air density thus more fuel usage for the distance.

However the following horrific scenario might have been carried out during the hijack:
Can a Boeing 777 pilot deactivate the passenger cabin oxygen masks and purposely depressurize the plane and while in flight?

"Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is said to have climbed above Boeing's recommended altitudes for the 777 model when it reached a height of 45,000ft. "

Here's my best guess of events... assuming this was a terrorist event:
  • Co-Pilot sends last good night message to air controller
  • Co-pilot disables communications
  • Pilot and co-pilot put on independent oxygen masks, depressurize the passenger cabin while turning off the oxygen supply to passengers.

"The oxygen supply (O2 bottles) can be shut (oxygen valve at bottles or valve in cockpit, thereby oxygen supply would not get to masks, therefore not deploy the masks (aneroid switch) in the cabin "

All passengers are dead and pilots now in control of a future guided missile head for a pre-selected pre-arranged airstrip somewhere in Jihad land. Apparently the captain had a simulator cockpit in his home practicing landing large aircraft on short airstrips around the Indian Ocean.

Philip Greenspun's Weblog » Stealing and stashing a Boeing 777?

The real eye-opener is the fact that such an expensive jet (300M$+) would not have better tracking equipment ?!

It's my understanding that the pilot and co-pilot's oxygen lasts substantially longer than that provided by the 'drop down' system for passengers. The question in my mind is whether the crew could function adequately on non-pressurized oxygen at 43,000 to 45,000 feet, and if so, for how long. I suspect they could do so for at least a while. [more expert opinion needed here] There is a physiological limit to the human body's ability to function in a partial vacuum, even breathing pure O2. But I don't know what this would be.

One of almost limitless scenarios on this branching tree might be that the pilot(s) depressurized the cabin at 45,000 feet to murder the passengers with the intent of then using the 777 for subsequent nefarious purposes, but then succumbed themselves, leading to the 'zombie' plane on auto-pilot scenario and subsequent crash into the ocean.

ADD: Ah--I had forgotten that fully loaded and fueled jet liners cannot necessarily reach the plane's maximum rated altitude. However, even 30,00 feet without oxygen will render the vast majority of people incapacitated.

Stranger and stranger.....

Last edited:
This makes the most sense to me:
The left turn is the key here. Zaharie Ahmad Shah1 was a very experienced senior captain with 18,000 hours of flight time. We old pilots were drilled to know what is the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us, and airports ahead of us. They’re always in our head. Always. If something happens, you don’t want to be thinking about what are you going to do–you already know what you are going to do. When I saw that left turn with a direct heading, I instinctively knew he was heading for an airport. He was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000-foot airstrip with an approach over water and no obstacles. The captain did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000-foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier toward Langkawi, which also was closer.
A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet | Autopia | Wired.com

What puzzles me is that if the plane was in fact destined for a terrorist attack somewhere, why would they steal a passenger plane, full of passengers? They could have bought a plane near the end of its life (I'm sure these terrorist organisations have the funds) and not had all the hassle of a massive public search. Everyone will be on high alert of a terrorist attack now if they think the plane has been stolen for that purpose so there would not be an element of surprise. I agree with the post about shutting off the oxygen. That sounds like what could have happened. On a radio show I heard that the emergency supply of oxygen would only last for 8 minutes anyway, just enough time for the plane to drop down to more breathable altitudes.

Have only caught snatches of the latest news. But my hypothesis today is either a botched hijacking attempt or some bizarre suicide variation. But still, keep in mind that machinery this complex can sometimes fail in complex and seemingly irrational ways. The bottom line is that we are still in the realm of 10% evidence and 90% speculation.

Key is the sequence :
1- start turn (flight plan altered)
2- last com 'good night all is fine'
3- com/transponder turned off

Crystal clear it's a hijack.. Especially if the aircraft continued its flight for a few hours ?!?

Let me state from the outset that I totally agree with the press statements by Malaysia’s Defence Minister and Acting Transport Minister, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein that “we have conducted ourselves fairly, responsibly and history will judge us for that.”

And to a mischievous and presumptuous question from a correspondent of the Financial Times, Datuk Seri with confidence and integrity rightly said without any fear of contradiction that, “I don’t think we could have done anything different from what we have already done.” Well done!
Disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH 370: The Trillion Dollar Question to the U.S. and Its Intelligence Services | Global Research

I remember this aspect being mentioned when the disappearance was first in the news and while I didn't think that had anything to do with the downing of the jet I still had to wonder why the f @$# any company would let 20 senior members/engineers travel on the same flight. Talk about just asking for your wee wee to be cut off.

One of the newest conspiracy theories about missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is that the passengers are being held at Diego Garcia, a U.S. base near the Maldives.

The theory itself isn’t that new but claimed new evidence is–that would be a black photo allegedly taken by Philip Wood, an American IBM engineer on the flight.

Widespread searches for the flight, which went missing around three weeks ago, have turned up basically nothing.
Diego Garcia: Philip Wood, IBM Engineer on Flight MH370, Posts Photo From U.S. 'Prison'?

One of the newest conspiracy theories about missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is that the passengers are being held at Diego Garcia, a U.S. base near the Maldives.

The theory itself isn’t that new but claimed new evidence is–that would be a black photo allegedly taken by Philip Wood, an American IBM engineer on the flight.

Widespread searches for the flight, which went missing around three weeks ago, have turned up basically nothing.
Diego Garcia: Philip Wood, IBM Engineer on Flight MH370, Posts Photo From U.S. 'Prison'?

Last time I heard about flight simulators involved in a tragedy was back after 9/11 when it was learned that Saudi operatives were training in Florida for at least a year to hijack flights and use them as flying bombs. One possible reason an experienced pilot would build a flight simulator is if he wanted to refine skills that are not frequently practiced and are mostly useless for passenger jets... as in long low altitude, radar-evading flights. First thing you want to look for are simulator flight logs... type of aircraft used, path and altitudes. Hope they've focused on that, and checked for deleted files that happen to be flight logs.

This seems like an operation that was prepared long in advance by a covert terrorist organization. Likely landing spot is a temporary strip somewhere in a desert, plane is shielded by a camouflage tarpaulin and the Freescale engineers are being interrogated and tortured to acquire strategic technological info by Al Qaeda types.

Freescale secures more types of end equipment than virtually any other semiconductor company. Freescale MCU, MPU, and DSP product lines support the security requirements of:

• Networking equipment security protocol throughput
  • Automotive, industrial, and medical tamper resistance and platform assurance
  • Consumer secure connectivity and content protection
The company's expertise in security, built through decades of regular and deep investment in security, makes Freescale a valuable partner in helping to determine the security requirements of your particular project.

Cryptographic Technology
Cryptography is the art and science of encoding and decoding (enciphering/deciphering) data so that outside parties cannot decode the data. High-level functions enabled through the use of cryptography include the following:

• Confidentiality of information during storage and transmission
  • Authentication of users and received/retrieved information
  • Integrity of data
  • Non-repudiation of transactions
  • Availability of data and resources
  • Controlled access to information and resources
Freescale employs a variety of cryptographic algorithms to achieve these high-level goals. Additionally, Freescale has developed a range of crypto accelerators, tailored to the applications and performance of various product lines.

National Institute of Standards Certifications (NIST)
The National Institute of Standards (NIST) defines cryptographic testing requirements “applicable to all Federal agencies that use cryptographic-based security systems to protect sensitive information in computer and telecommunication systems (including voice systems).” These requirements collectively form the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS 140-2) used in designing and implementing cryptographic modules that Federal departments and agencies are allowed to purchase.

View a list of Freescale products for which NIST certificates have been issued.

... would make a great novel ;)

Last edited:
Back