• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Favorite Quotes

"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls". - Pablo Picasso

Last edited:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Last edited:
"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Last edited:
"I find television very educating. Every time someone turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." — Groucho Marx

I could bore you with more...

Please do. :p

We could have a Groucho duel!

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." - Groucho Marx

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know." - Groucho Marx

"I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30." - Groucho Marx

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

"Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot." - Groucho Marx

Last edited:
"The four stages of life -

1. You believe in Santa Claus.

2. You don't believe in Santa Claus.

3. You are Santa Claus.

4. You look like Santa Claus.
"

Last edited:
"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." - Buddha

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Mae West talking about the first time she saw Cary Grant -

"I was in the office at Paramount, and they gave me a large book with a lot of photographs of different leading men, and I was sitting at a table or a desk right near the window and the door, and uh, after I looked at a few I kind of glanced out the window and I saw this good-looking guy walk across the street. So, I said, "That's about the best-looking thing in Hollywood: who is he?" So they looked, and they said, "Oh, that's Cary Grant. We haven't used him in a picture as yet, but we made tests of him with some of the starlets." I said, "Well, if this guy can talk, I'll take him." So they called him in, and we met, and he said, "How d'ya do?" and I said, "OK." And they said, "What part?" and I said, "The lead, of course." So he got the lead."

Mae West's first appearance in a film and her most famous line: "Though her first movie role was a small part in Night After Night (1932), her scene has become famous. A coat check girl exclaims, "Goodness! What lovely diamonds!", after seeing Mae's jewelry. Mae replies, "Goodness had nothing to do with it." "Although it was a small role, she was able to display a wit that was to make her world-famous. George Raft himself said of Mae, "She stole everything but the cameras." "

Mae West ~ 1932~ A clip from, "Night After Night" Goodness had nothing to do with it...........

Bump :)

Since Valentines' Day is coming, I thought we might share some of our favorite loving thoughts.

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

On being pulled up by a female MP about being drunk in Parliament, Winston Churchill retorted approx:

'In the morning dear, I will be sober but you will still be ugly.'

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." - Winston Churchill

Back