• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Favorite Quotes

Bearer of a great truth - one of my favorite quotes.....

"The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs."

- George Eliot, Middlemarch

“THE REAL VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT IN SEEKING NEW LANDSCAPES, BUT IN HAVING NEW EYES.”

- Marcel Proust, French novelist

Last edited:
Well, Stoneheart has always been okay with me. Have you been poking at him? :confused: Fie on you! :)

Absolutely, it's a bad habit I picked up from my dad, he would needle people he really liked endlessly and also take it in return.

As far as my quote, it's something I paraphrased from myself..With a little help from Sun-Tzu.... Last month I was at a local Hooters with a couple of friends. When asked for a toast mine was "Keep you friends close, your enemies closer, and a Hooters girl closer still" I got a free beer out of it from the staff.

Last edited:
  • Youth is wasted on the young - George Bernard Shaw
  • God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaurs - Ian Malcolm ( Jurrassic Park )
  • It's OK if you lose your train of thought, just you don't crash your plane of consciousness - J.R. Murphy.
  • Computers are just a fad - My Dad
  • Behold, the man has become like one of us, to know good and evil. - God
  • What does God need with a Starship? - James. T. Kirk
  • Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. - Lord Kelvin
  • There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. - Albert Einstein

Last edited:
"Is not true charity, so rarely felt by those who inculcate it, precisely the emotion which impels the individual, however unreasonably, to identify with the crime of the criminal as well as with the responsibility of the judge?" - Maurice Druon

"If you care about other people, that’s now a very dangerous idea. If you care about other people, you might try to organize to undermine power and authority. That’s not going to happen if you care only about yourself. Maybe you can become rich, but you don’t care whether other people’s kids can go to school, or can afford food to eat, or things like that. In the United States, that’s called “libertarian” for some wild reason. I mean, it’s actually highly authoritarian, but that doctrine is extremely important for power systems as a way of atomizing and undermining the public." - Noam Chomsky

“that little hypocrites and half-crazed people dare to imagine that on their account the laws of nature are constantly broken—such an enhancement of every kind of selfishness to infinity, to impudence, cannot be branded with sufficient contempt. And yet Christianity owes its triumph to this pitiable flattery of personal vanity.” Nietzsche, The Anti-Christ

"Love betrayed, if it did not descend into hatred, became wariness and indifference and doubt, fearful of fresh hurt." Taylor Caldwell- Captains And The Kings.

"When you laugh, the world laughs with you. When you weep, you weep alone"

"It is easy to go down into Hell. Night and day, the gates of dark Death stand wide. But to climb back again, to retrace one's steps to the upper air. There's the rub, the task." Virgil- Dante's Inferno

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent. – Fundamentals of Chess

The road to hell can be paved with good quotations too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is sort of timely

"Can we all get along?"

I don't think I need point out who said this.

Last edited:
And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Douglas Adams

Back