• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do you like Coast To Coast AM?

Does Whitley Strieber, former abductee, now The Man Who Has Experienced Every Manner of Paranormal Phenomenon™ still boast his own weekend spinoff show? Does anyone really give a sh*t?

I heard Whitley Striebers show and he was literally saying he saw Pixies in England. I come from England, and I grew up in the Lake District, where there are legends ghosts, vampires (http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/england/cumbria/folklore/the-phantom-of-croglin-grange.html) and spent a lot of time in the countryside and never once saw anything remotely like a Pixie. A few badgers, foxes, deer, wheezels and even the extremely rare pine martin. Never a Pixie though.

I believe all C2C shows have been scrubbed off of Youtube. Perhaps something to do with copyright...?

They have. And weirdly enough, I still get a weekly email telling me there are new C2C shows, but when I access them it says "All Videos Removed By User".
I cant stay up at night to listen, Youtube was my only route to C2C.
I now listen to Red Ice, Mysterious Universe, along with The Paracast while I'm painting.

So Jacques Vallee and Ray Stanford are scheduled to be on C2C this Sunday(22nd) with George Knapp. Should make for interesting listening at least until they open up the phone lines.

I'm afraid I gave up on C2C a long time ago. First of all there is the problem of all those commercials. Even if the guest is interesting you have to deal with Noory. He lets people just ramble on and he never challenges anyone.

I know there are insomniacs who like to listen but really, this is an entertainment program no different than chasing after Bigfoot. I never expect anything to be solved.

I don't have any major issues against the program, at least to the extent of avoiding it completely. I have a somewhat limited range of interest so i don't listen a lot and usually don't bother when the usual suspects are on but every now and then a new person comes on the scene and I'll give them the benefit if doubt until their 2-3 are finished. I actually "enjoyed" It a few years back when Ian was the Saturday night host. He did come off as somewhat pompous and insufferable to me...no small feat for a pastor...but his talking points leaned towards sociological issues which i enjoy.

The thing about George not challenging his guests are true no doubt and when LMH gets on the show she quite literally takes over the reins for 3 hours, but i read an interview with George several years ago (in Atlantic magazine I think ) and when this point was brought up yet, George to his credit didn't dodge it or deny it or twists facts he basically said "so what, they're my guests and don't want to make them feel uncomfortable" or words to that effect. While i do have a problem with that sentiment at least he was upfront about it.

As I have mentioned before and alluded to earlier, my issues with the show is the "quality" of the calls which obviously are chosen for their entertainment value more than any potential insight. But it just occured to me that Mr. Vallee has been on several times and I don't think there was ever any call ins done, it was just George and Jacques so you may want to have a listen although apparently the show is about his Passport to Magonia book, the program notes don't mention if there is any newer subjects.

Last edited:
C2C to me is like Ancient Aliens, entertaining, amusing but must be taken with a pinch of salt
I agree, 90+% of the time, but usually, George Knapp rocks! Like tomorrow's show that features Jacques Vallee for the first two hours and then Ray Stanford for the second two hours. I'm jealous but proud of Ray. Only in my wettest dream could I ever imagine Vallee as my opening act, :rolleyes: Go get 'em Ray!!! But make sure you slow yourself down, don't digress too much, stick to the topic at hand and KICK frick'in ass! :p

I agree, 90+% of the time, but usually, George Knapp rocks! Like tomorrow's show that features Jacques Vallee for the first two hours and then Ray Stanford for the second two hours. I'm jealous but proud of Ray. Only in my wettest dream could I ever imagine Vallee as my opening act, :rolleyes: Go get 'em Ray!!! But make sure you slow yourself down, don't digress too much, stick to the topic at hand and KICK frick'in ass! :p

'Slow yourself down' - yip, that's advice for Ray Stanford alright. He has such a great mind, bristling with info and possibilities that he does sometimes seem to have difficulty staying on point. He has so many available tangents to go on, should he choose.

Anyone interested in UFOs who has half a brain will realise that to have George Knapp interviewing Vallee then Stanford really is a rare and great occurrence. Anytime I want to listen to Coast, Knapp is first choice.

I grew tired of Noory several years back when it became apparent that he was more about entertaining than informing. George Knapp however is an investigator who has maintained his credibility by holding people accountable for their words and actions to a point. I've heard his interviews with guys like Steven Bassett & when guests like that are on the show I turn the radio off. When he has guests like Vallee or Stanford I make popcorn and settle in for a great show!!

Whenever George Noory is NOT hosting the show, there is a 50-50% chance that the program may be enlightening and interesting. Some of the guest hosts are very sharp. I believe one of them I enjoy is Dave Shrader (?). I always brighten up when I hear that George will not be hosting a show. If C2C was on the stock exchange, the price of the stock would shoot up every time Noory was not the host. George Knapp is always excellent, even if he is handed a dull guest. The show itself is infuriating when they invite on right wing nut job ministers and priests, along with the always wrong financial prophets who blame Obama for everything (from being the Pharoah in a last life that chased the children of Israel to the Red Sea, to being the source of the Ebola virus).

In the interests of full disclosure, I must report that I still maintain a membership to the show. That way I can listen to 5 years worth of programs with NO commercials. NONE, NADA, ZILCH.

I wish someone could think of a clever scam to catch Whitley making up things. This would have to be a social experiment. For example, have C2C guests fabricate a new angle to the UFO/Alien pantheon. Invent a new type of alien (for example, THE OSTRICH PEOPLE). Publicize it over and over. Then wait for the inevitable interview where Whitley reveals that he has been in contact with these new aliens for years, but kept it a secret until now. After his appearance, then announce that such aliens were a fabrication. I know Whitley well enough to know he would find a way to weasel out of it, e.g., These aliens do exist, and they used the subconscious of the fabricators to announce their presence. We've heard it all before, haven't we? Even when a hoaxer comes clean and CONFESSES TO THE HOAX, people in the UFO community deny the confession and have a strong will to believe.
1969238_1434168386874079_2007487907053311311_n.jpg

I wish someone could think of a clever scam to catch Whitley making up things. This would have to be a social experiment. For example, have C2C guests fabricate a new angle to the UFO/Alien pantheon. Invent a new type of alien (for example, THE OSTRICH PEOPLE). Publicize it over and over. Then wait for the inevitable interview where Whitley reveals that he has been in contact with these new aliens for years, but kept it a secret until now. After his appearance, then announce that such aliens were a fabrication. I know Whitley well enough to know he would find a way to weasel out of it, e.g., These aliens do exist, and they used the subconscious of the fabricators to announce their presence. We've heard it all before, haven't we? Even when a hoaxer comes clean and CONFESSES TO THE HOAX, people in the UFO community deny the confession and have a strong will to believe.
1969238_1434168386874079_2007487907053311311_n.jpg
George Wingfield exposes Whitley for what he is on this forum. Just read his recent posts about it. Search Whitley and George... to read all about it.

I think C2C is worth its subscription service, because it is flexible too. One month is a bargain if you have the time to download many shows.

Since C2C is seven days a week, it is very reasonably priced. But C2C can't possibly be as thorough or "off the cuff" as Paracast, when it has an entire week to prepare for just one interview.

Noory can't possibly prepare nearly as well for 'daily' interviews, when he is doing too many shows per week. He can't read each book or study the nightly guests thoroughly. I think that is the main reason WHY he can't possibly "keep-up" with many interviews. It's why he is often reading questions straight from a list, it's scripted, since he has too little time to get up to speed for each guest to be spontaneous. But Noory does do well IF the guest is also good at it too! Jacques Vallee has revealed many controversial ideas on shows that Noory hosted that are brilliant in there revelations. Just awesome! So Noory can shine and do well at times depending on the guest. It happens. Not nearly as much as it should, but I think Noory is overburdened with too many shows each week and not enough time to prepare for each show.

I think Art Bell could be more impromptu, and Art was far and away better acting as a friendly skeptic or devil's advocate doing very well at "probing" to get results. Bell was much better than Noory in that respect. If Art comes back commercial free, then he will do some excellent interviews. Yeah, he may drag-in a lot of the old, in with the new, but you can always choose which shows you want to listen to. The problem with Art is he is getting old, and his mind may not be as sharp as it once was. We'll see...

Last edited:
You say Noory can't possibly prepare for all his guests or read all the books. That is why he has a staff. To do those things he has no time for. Noory should have an inkling about what his guest is going to speak about. Most of them have been on the show numerous times.

The problem is, Noory seems bored or maybe he is just phoning it in. When he lets a guest ramble on for many minutes, that is sure sign he has lost interest.

You say Noory can't possibly prepare for all his guests or read all the books. That is why he has a staff.
True enough, but Noory is still too scripted and less able to be spontaneous even with his staff. He's less off-the-cuff with good ideas for question follow-up, and he's not very probing at being the devil's advocate. Noory is too easy going. But if there is a good guest you're interested in, it's still worth listening to. IMO.

Has anyone tried their forum and/or online chat during the shows? Comments?

The current C2C is a kind of faux spinoff sitting in a cozy niche generated by the talent of Art Bell. I realize Bell is not well regarded here for various reasons. But he had a certain talent/persona that derived the message of late night talk from the medium itself, so to speak. He was a distinct kind of quirky personality who grew Coast from the ground up.

I see the current Coast as following a prime directive to very carefully and cautiously appear to be pushing the outside of the esoteric envelope, while staying strictly with the script of mainstream American thinking. They are riding the horse in the direction the horse is going. And doing pretty well in the process.

The problem is there are two C2Cs. There is the George Knapp investigative journalistic program where smart follow-up questions are asked.

Then there is the George Noory entertainment presenter where guests are allowed to ramble on and the host never stops the guest on questionable statements.

The problem is there are two C2Cs. There is the George Knapp investigative journalistic program where smart follow-up questions are asked.
Noory would do better with only one show per week, but I would still prefer Knapp over Noory too.

But Knapp is a huge promoter [and serious? reporter] of "crazy mythology" in that region [surrounding Las Vegas] with such "has beens" as Pale Horse Bill Cooper, Bob Lazar Element 115 and reverse engineering ET's UFO's, 911 Hologram John Lear and Moon Base Invaders, and a book about Bigelow's ranch that is off-the-charts whacky in many respects.

That's certainly not factual or reporter stuff. Much of it is unbelievable and not sane too, IMO. I mean, does Knapp abide that these people are at least somewhat nuts? He's straight faced too, right, and he gives them a platform to spread their stories. Isn't Bigelow "the founder" and "roots" of that kind of media presentation starting with sponsoring Art Bell, and, now, Knapp is Bigelow's "front man" in many respects too??? Knapp seems more of an entertainment "science fantasy" reporter, but he's not really uncovering what the UFO military is doing. He's not getting into the serious ET conspiracy investigations, imo, so he's not really able to be the serious investigative reporter in many respects. Maybe that's just the limitations of Ufology? Or, maybe that's why he has a platform to speak, because doing the real investigations is either not allowed and/or not the purpose he really serves???

Last edited:
Back