• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Destroying the 1997 Phoenix Lights UFO case

My view remains that the Terry Proctor video proves there was nothing to this so-called event: it was planes flying in formation at 8:30, flares at 10.
I'm not really sure what I believe at this point.

On one hand, the Proctor video clearly shows (in my opinion) a formation of airplanes... there's no doubt about that. Here's why I'm still kind of skeptical that it's a catch-all explanation though: a lot of the eyewitnesses say that the alleged craft was apparently flying frighteningly low to the ground. This makes me skeptical that all of them would mistakenly identify airplanes. Further, in the Proctor video, the formation seems pretty high up in the air. Conversely, one of the witnesses in Phoenix said that she unfolded a newspaper and held it up in the sky, and yet the craft extended far beyond the edges and was still clearly visible. If it was only planes, they would've had to be flying pretty low for this scenario to have been possible, right? Again, how could the planes have been so-blatantly misidentified?

I'm still on the fence, but the Proctor video definitely has certainly swayed me more towards the skeptical side of things.

Well, there's over a million people living in Phoenix and just a few dozen talking about a giant, solid V on that night. Think about your own neighborhood and ask yourself if just 1% of them are capable of exaggerating things. In these situations I'm always reminded of this hoaxed UFO clip:

Despite being outrageously fake a few dozen witnesses emerged claiming to have seen it.

Well, there's over a million people living in Phoenix and just a few dozen talking about a giant, solid V on that night. Think about your own neighborhood and ask yourself if just 1% of them are capable of exaggerating things.
True -- and they don't even need to exaggerate with malicious intent, either.

This is a pretty cool read on the whole "Phoenix Lights" incident:
Were the 1997 Arizona Lights a psychological warfare experiment? Part One - National skepticism | Examiner.com

I think that his claims of a psychological experiment is nonsense, but the article does provide a lot of quotes and testimony I had never read before. Interesting highlights: no one that saw the object through magnification (binoculars, etc) said that it one was craft (although not all of them concluded it was planes) -- this you alluded to already. He also mentions that there was supposedly radio contact between a commercial airliner and the lights (they identified themselves as a formation of planes).

Back