• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Deconstructing Stan Romanek (Fact, Fiction, or Cult)

Perhaps you could post some of your wife's experience? There are many here, myself included, who believe in the reality of the abduction phenom.

Romanek's case has thousand red flags and yet is still somehow compelling. I think somehow the sheer volume of claims gives pause to completely writing him off. For every obvious forgery there is a video or a witness claims to have experienced something while in Romanek's home. If he is a hoaxer he is one of the most tenacious I've ever seen.

Romanek's case has thousand red flags and yet is still somehow compelling. I think somehow the sheer volume of claims gives pause to completely writing him off. For every obvious forgery there is a video or a witness claims to have experienced something while in Romanek's home. If he is a hoaxer he is one of the most tenacious I've ever seen.

I'd imagine he's tenacious because it's proving to be quite profitable.....I'm also more than willing to sell you a bridge if you're interested.

I often wonder do these hoaxers make much money. They say UFO books don't really make much money. So I wonder. Just to clear the air though, I think Romanek is a complete fraud.

I often wonder do these hoaxers make much money. They say UFO books don't really make much money. So I wonder. Just to clear the air though, I think Romanek is a complete fraud.

There is no money to be made that can make up for the psychological and emotional consequences for his family. All that I needed was one look at the alien video to see the fabrication. Romanek, IMHO, is mostly about how critical literacy regarding online content production by the masses is still on the downward slope. Everything else that is happening with this case is theatre.

I just spent 2 hours watching Stan speak and, although attempting to remain open minded, noticed several anomolies.
He shows a picture of garden furniture on the roof of his house and exclaims: "I don't even have a ladder".
Within 10 minutes he is explaining how he fell from a ladder while painting the house.
After numerous encounters and "being followed", he states that he tried to outrun a UFO by doing 100 mph on 20mph country roads. He then seems to contradict this by saying that he pulled over and started to film.
I noticed different burn patterns on the circuit board of a surveillance recorder he claimed had been zapped. Near the yellow capacitor - on one picture there is a greater black (burned?) area than on the other.
In the bedroom window shoot, I was surprised to hear him refer to the grey as a "little bastard".
He is seen hopping about, as though afraid, admits to sometime hiding behind his wife, yet he wants us to believe that he defended himself using a bike chain against four men-in-black bullyboys who broke his nose and wrist, knocking one of them unconscious.
This was hard to believe.

The movement of the birthday card looked entirely faked.
One of the grey cut-outs in his garden looked like a very bad painting.
The little girl's face peeping through the bars of the fence seems out of scale.
On a personal level, there is just something slightly amiss about this guy.
He is completely lacking in humility and is very keen for everyone to buy his book.
Any lingering sense that there may be some vestige of truth in his claims was completely destroyed for me when I watched this video: Stan Romanek, famous alien abductee, faking - YouTube
In it, he suddenly seems to be distracted by a small light that appears BEHIND him. Also, the thing that falls from is head is a ridiculous piece of ill-thought-out charade. His acting skills need brushing up. He couldn't decide whether to appear puzzled, not notice, be spooked or what- just makes you cringe to watch.

I'm afraid I wouldn't pay much serious attention to anything else this guy has to say and I am hardly a skeptical type.

I just spent 2 hours watching Stan speak and, although attempting to remain open minded, noticed several anomolies.
He shows a picture of garden furniture on the roof of his house and exclaims: "I don't even have a ladder".
Within 10 minutes he is explaining how he fell from a ladder while painting the house.
After numerous encounters and "being followed", he states that he tried to outrun a UFO by doing 100 mph on 20mph country roads. He then seems to contradict this by saying that he pulled over and started to film.
I noticed different burn patterns on the circuit board of a surveillance recorder he claimed had been zapped. Near the yellow capacitor - on one picture there is a greater black (burned?) area than on the other.
In the bedroom window shoot, I was surprised to hear him refer to the grey as a "little bastard".
He is seen hopping about, as though afraid, admits to sometime hiding behind his wife, yet he wants us to believe that he defended himself using a bike chain against four men-in-black bullyboys who broke his nose and wrist, knocking one of them unconscious.
This was hard to believe.

The movement of the birthday card looked entirely faked.
One of the grey cut-outs in his garden looked like a very bad painting.
The little girl's face peeping through the bars of the fence seems out of scale.
On a personal level, there is just something slightly amiss about this guy.
He is completely lacking in humility and is very keen for everyone to buy his book.
Any lingering sense that there may be some vestige of truth in his claims was completely destroyed for me when I watched this video: Stan Romanek, famous alien abductee, faking - YouTube
In it, he suddenly seems to be distracted by a small light that appears BEHIND him. Also, the thing that falls from is head is a ridiculous piece of ill-thought-out charade. His acting skills need brushing up. He couldn't decide whether to appear puzzled, not notice, be spooked or what- just makes you cringe to watch.

I'm afraid I wouldn't pay much serious attention to anything else this guy has to say and I am hardly a skeptical type.
All valid and accurate points.

So now the bigger question is how is it that his confabulated, contactee star was allowed to rise in the first place? While it was brief and ugly, it serves as a reminder of Vallée's warning around the cultish aspects of UFO belief systems. We should stop giving him attention unless to use him as a warning for future ridiculousness. Some crabs should just be kept in the bucket. Unfortunately, with no real means to police or validate the contactee the whole field will always get dragged into the slimy mud along with their extraordinary claims and bad video.

Has anyone else heard the news that in February 2014 Stan was arrested for some very bad charges? Are these real? Anyone have any info on this?

innocent until proved guilty:
HOWEVER...IF I EVER CAUGHT A GUY TOUCHING OR TAKING PICS OF MY KIDS THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!

Thanks Gene for the link. Was just listening to an old 2010 paracast where you guys were talking about him and his credibility. I guess bad people will be bad people.

He's accused of one of the most serious crimes imaginable. I do not know if he's guilty or not, but the claims of a conspiracy certain don't ring true. Let's see how it plays out in the courts.

Not that it matters today or last week, but that art1cle was posted on tues 30th july, and says this .. due in court Wednesday ..

However if it was today, that's probably why i cant find any news/gossip about it, even by a search of the site..

a google of romanek court hearing, only gets links upto may 19th

Last edited:
His Grays will miss him Gene, i'm sure a conviction will be good for business, well for mrs romanek i mean, she can sell the gubbermint got him line no probs to his 'new age junkies'.

He didnt seem to have a problem finding 20k bail money, what kinda sentence can he expect if found guilty, possession and distribution he is charged with.

Last edited:
Back