• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

December 14, 2014 — George Hansen

Good. While you're consulting Hansen's text please keep an eye out for passages where he speculates about the origin of archetypes and especially of the trickster figure.* I've read in several different texts that Jung later identified the trickster as a "character archetype" in distinction from the other archetypes, apparently focusing on the various human behaviors and activities contributing to the idea of 'the trickster'.

*In looking for theories of the archetypes in general and the trickster in particular, I'm looking beyond the standard explanation that archetypes exist in the subconscious to the question 'how did they get there?'.

If you have a reference to that distinction of "character archetypes" that would be helpful.

Hansen references:

Flying Saucers
Memories Dreams Reflections
Answer to Job

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a reference to that distinction of "character archetypes" that would be helpful.

I've come across it twice in the last few days (perhaps in the essay I linked today and in a Wikipedia article), but I made only a mental note and did not note the links at the time. I've surfed quite a bit on this trickster subject. I'll try to find a source for you.

Socionics - the16types.info - On the Psychology of the Trickster Figure by C.G. Jung

Jung's an administrative assistant, a secretary of life, like Jane Siberry.

I teach kids about a general collection of about a dozen different archetypes and their related narratives. And then i teach them to forget all that stuff & to smash the archetypes. Being a trickster is a good way to evoke change in society. That's the great value of anti-structure strategies.

Socionics - the16types.info - On the Psychology of the Trickster Figure by C.G. Jung

I teach kids about a general collection of about a dozen different archetypes and their related narratives. And then i teach them to forget all that stuff & to smash the archetypes. Being a trickster is a good way to evoke change in society. That's the great value of anti-structure strategies.

LOL

I read about how if you take the basic personality types - I forget how many were claimed ... Say 12 And then pick one ... Say the bully and put 12 bullies on an island ...

Well you know what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is Jane Siberry?

You should have taught those kids on that island.

It can't rain all the time ?

Who is Jane Siberry?
A Canadian musician filed under eclectic and bizarre. After I finished reading Hesse she started to become the next biggest influence on my psyche just before I met Dewdney. But she was very important to me, as music can do that, for about a couple of years almost. This experimental piece is called The Bird In the Gravel.

A Canadian musician filed Nader eclectic and bizarre. After I finished reading Hesse she started to become the next biggest influence on my psyche just before I met Dewdney. But she was very important to me, as music can do that, for about a couple of years almost. This experimental piece is called Bird On the Gravel.

Who is the current biggest influence on your psyche?

A Canadian musician filed under eclectic and bizarre. After I finished reading Hesse she started to become the next biggest influence on my psyche just before I met Dewdney. But she was very important to me, as music can do that, for about a couple of years almost. This experimental piece is called The Bird In the Gravel.

I've had no luck finding Dewdney here ...

Can order but for $$$

I can put my hand on a book by his brother though

I'm still chuckling at this idea that a PC can stream video ... it must be an "ideal" computer, not a real one. What will you tell me next? That ham, bacon, sausage and pock chops all come from a single animal?? yeah ...
Perhaps I was not being precise. I don't mean live streaming, and your PC is probably capable, but I thought you mentioned before that your connection is too slow for YouTube videos, which are essentially videos on demand, also referred to as streaming media. Or was that someone else?

Nope. I'm assuming you thinks it's a worthwhile read?

I thinks it would keep you busy.

I've come across it (I dares not say synchronistically in present company) twice in the past few days ...

Read it back in the day - and now wondering what happened to fractals and chaos and before that Catastrophe theory ... and after it complexity and emergence ...

I'll post the representative tomes. Makes a colorful tableau

The Santa Fe Institute ... Etc?

0b790b48bfc6aaa249a57648ecd1e329.jpg

Back