• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Care for a nice, warm cup of crazy?

I often wonder how you can lie via telepathy. It is commonly reported by abductees that they can't lie to the aliens. They see inside your head so to speak. Does it go both ways? Couldn't humans see past the aliens lies? If not, why? Aliens better at controling their thoughts? I often wonder if this is a kink in the abduction stories.

A.LeClair said:
Does it go both ways? Couldn't humans see past the aliens lies? If not, why?

Most of the accounts I have read do not suggest that the experienced telepathy is an unrestricted two-way street. There are lots of accounts of aliens reading from and transmitting to human minds but I can't recall a single one where the claim is that a human read the alien's mind and answered all their own questions without the aliens' consent.

When I think of humans' internal thought processes it seems we either think symbolically by creating or retrieving an image or we have an internal monologue or dialogue with ourselves in our preferred language. Assuming that aliens think in a similar fashion AND assuming telepathy is an unrestricted two-way street, we would have to be be fluent in their native language and symbology. As an aside, what would the internal imagery of a creature that natively experienced a different part of of the electromagnetic spectrum from humans be like? Just because I'm speaking to you in English doesn't mean I can't also communicate in French, Hieroglyphics and spread spectrum encrypted binary.

dorkbot said:
Most of the accounts I have read do not suggest that the experienced telepathy is an unrestricted two-way street. There are lots of accounts of aliens reading from and transmitting to human minds but I can't recall a single one where the claim is that a human read the alien's mind and answered all their own questions without the aliens' consent.

Same here.

When I think of humans' internal thought processes it seems we either think symbolically by creating or retrieving an image or we have an internal monologue or dialogue with ourselves in our preferred language. Assuming that aliens think in a similar fashion AND assuming telepathy is an unrestricted two-way street, we would have to be be fluent in their native language and symbology. As an aside, what would the internal imagery of a creature that natively experienced a different part of of the electromagnetic spectrum from humans be like? Just because I'm speaking to you in English doesn't mean I can't also communicate in French, Hieroglyphics and spread spectrum encrypted binary.

Well, it seems that we can understand at least some of their way of thinking.

Having said that. There are aspects of reported communication where the greys often seem puzzled by human emotions. This makes sense if they are telepathic. Less of a reason to emote when thoughts/ideas can immediately be transferred. Crying, laughing, yelling, gritting teeth etc. is a way of communicating to others your inner state. Or at least leading one to physical expression of the feelings. The physical expression (emoting, not feeling) isn't needed for telepathic beings as much as it is for us probably.

I often wonder why humans can be telepathic with aliens, but rarely with other humans. Alien technology that allows for this?

As an aside note. The aspect of the Betty and Barney Hill case where the beings verbally spoke has always troubled me. Seems to be a contradiction. It's extremely rare to get reports of verbal communication from greys. There was a case I dealt with that had a grey screeching audibly. After being kick lol. But it's rare still.

A.LeClair said:
I often wonder why humans can be telepathic with aliens, but rarely with other humans. Alien technology that allows for this?

There have been several "insider" accounts that have said as much. Evolutionary advances aside, their telepathy seems to be technological in nature. Some accounts (cf Corso) claim they were engineered for telepathy.

CapnG said:
There have been several "insider" accounts that have said as much. Evolutionary advances aside, their telepathy seems to be technological in nature. Some accounts (cf Corso) claim they were engineered for telepathy.

I'm aware of Corso. No one else comes to mind atm. Think of any? I'm sure I've come across others, but fail to think of anyone else specifically.

Tin foil hats that stop the telepathy comes to mind though! Aliens can't figure out how to work around tin foil.

Speaking of tin foil. Never put chick fillet sandwiches in the microwave in the pouches they come in. They have tin foil inside. I did that today. About blew up my microwave I think. Blue sparks jotting around, loud pops and smoke. Thankfully my ninja reflexes opened the door real quick. So I didn't blow up my neighborhood. Sorry, public service announcement.

Mind to mind contact via thought seems the most logical between thinking species of different (world) homes.

Faith is built on evidence (over 500 witnesses to Christ's bodily resurection) not delusion. Truth is objective...cause leading to effect.

God is not the author of confusion but of order and decency.

Big deal - did God stop our exploration of the continents or planets?

Military and Capital (world oil economy) will fight for the status quo.

So, look at the evidence for truth's sake and decide regarding contact.

knichol5 said:
Mind to mind contact via thought seems the most logical between thinking species of different (world) homes.

Faith is built on evidence (over 500 witnesses to Christ's bodily resurection) not delusion. Truth is objective...cause leading to effect.

God is not the author of confusion but of order and decency.

Big deal - did God stop our exploration of the continents or planets?

Military and Capital (world oil economy) will fight for the status quo.

So, look at the evidence for truth's sake and decide regarding contact.

The bible isn't reliable. I'm not convinced there were 500 witnessess. Jesus wasn't recognized even by his buds. Could it have been someone else? I see no reasonable reason to believe the bible is loaded with accuracies or a accurate historical document. A distorted one yes.

Faith to me is one's level of belief in the face of the absence of evidence. Or hope.

A. LeClair,

Appreciate your quest for Truth.

Regarding the disciples recognizing the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ:

1. All Apostles fled at his arrest (healthy skepticism)
2. John believed at the empty tomb Sunday morning
3. Peter and nine others believed in the upper room Sunday evening
4. Thomas (skeptical) believed a week later in the upper room
A. observing His hand and feet wounds and touching His side wound
5. His half brothers James and Jude believed his Deity after his resurrection
6. Paul (who martyred Christians) believed after Christ's appearance

Thus, eye witnesses to His death gave their lives for the Gospel of the resurrected Christ. Men may die for a cause later proved to be false,
but will not live and die for a known deception.

So, concerning contact one must study the facts with an open mind and decide according to the factual evidence. If one seeks the Truth he will find it and continuing in the Truth (with Christ) will make him free.

Regarding alien contact I'm a healthy skeptic - need physical beings, craft, and a multitude of credible scientifically documented witnesses.

Please see the below web site for further resurrection investigation:
EQUIP, Christian Articles, Bible Answer Man | CRI

Thanks for your site input.

A. LeClair,

Appreciate your quest for Truth.

Regarding the disciples recognizing the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ:

1. All Apostles fled at his arrest (healthy skepticism)
2. John believed at the empty tomb Sunday morning
3. Peter and nine others believed in the upper room Sunday evening
4. Thomas (skeptical) believed a week later in the upper room
A. observing His hand and feet wounds and touching His side wound
5. His half brothers James and Jude believed his Deity after his resurrection
6. Paul (who martyred Christians) believed after Christ's appearance

Thus, eye witnesses to His death gave their lives for the Gospel of the resurrected Christ. Men may die for a cause later proved to be false,
but will not live and die for a known deception.

So, concerning contact one must study the facts with an open mind and decide according to the factual evidence. If one seeks the Truth he will find it and continuing in the Truth (with Christ) will make him free.

Regarding alien contact I'm a healthy skeptic - need physical beings, craft, and a multitude of credible scientifically documented witnesses.

Please see the below web site for further resurrection investigation:
EQUIP, Christian Articles, Bible Answer Man | CRI

Thanks for your site input.

That's only valid if you believe in the factual reality of the Bible's accuracy as an historical document and the divinity of Jesus Christ.

In other words, if a document claims something then that document must be considered valid first before the claims it presents are even considered.

CapnG said:
That's only valid if you believe in the factual reality of the Bible's accuracy as an historical document and the divinity of Jesus Christ.

In other words, if a document claims something then that document must be considered valid first before the claims it presents are even considered.

My favorite argument is this. How do you know the bible is the word of God? Answer, "Because it says so". Circular reasoning.....

I didn't bother reading who ever's last reply ( Not Capn's ) as soon as I saw my name mentioned. I learned long ago to not go too deep in debating religion with certain people. Anyone that thinks a book that has a talking snake in it is to be taken literally is someone you probably can't show other wise to.

You should read it, A.LeClair. If you're like me you'll get a kick out of the way he speaks with certainty about the contents of the Bible and then talks about having "healthy skepticism about UFOs" in the next sentence.

CapnG said:
You should read it, A.LeClair. If you're like me you'll get a kick out of the way he speaks with certainty about the contents of the Bible and then talks about having "healthy skepticism about UFOs" in the next sentence.

Nah, see I knew it would be that sort of thing, that's why I didn't read it. Back when I was 19 I woulda argued back and forth forever.

Yes, talking snakes and Noah's Ark isn't anywhere near as far fecthed as alien visitation. Even though there is more evidence for it and it seems more logical.

Reminds me of Carlin:

"I find it discouraging and a bit depressing when I notice the unequal treatment afforded by the media to UFO believers on the one hand, and on the other, to those who believe in an invisible supreme being who inhabits the sky. Especially as the latter belief applies to the whole Jesus-Messiah-Son-of-God fable.

You may have noticed that, in the media, UFO believers are usually referred to as buffs, a term used to diminish and marginalize them by relegating them to the ranks of hobbyists and mere enthusiasts. They are made to seem like kooks and quaint dingbats who have the nerve to believe that, in an observable universe of trillions upon trillions of stars, and most likely many hundreds of billions of potentially inhabitable planets, some of those planets may have produced life-forms capable of doing things that we can't do.

On the other hand those who believe in an eternal, all-powerful being, a being who demands to be loved and adored unconditionally and who punishes and rewards according to his whims are thought to be worthy, upright, credible people. This, in spite of the large numbers of believers who are clearly close-minded fanatics.

To my way of thinking, there is every bit as much evidence for the existence of UFOs as there is for the existence of God. Probably far more. At least in the case of UFOs there have been countless taped and filmed and, by the way, unexplained sightings from all over the world, along with documented radar evidence seen by experienced military and civilian radar operators.

This does not even begin to include the widespread testimony of not only highly trained, experienced military and civilian pilots who are selected for their jobs, in part, for their above-average eyesight and mental stability, but also of equally well-trained, experienced law-enforcement officers. Such pilots and law-enforcement people are known to be serious, sober individuals who would have quite a bit to lose were they to be associated with anything resembling kooky, outlandish beliefs. Nonetheless, they have taken the risk of revealing their experiences because they are convinced they have seen something objectively real that they consider important. All of these accounts are ignored by the media.

Granted, the world of UFO-belief has its share of kooks, nuts and fringe people, but have you ever listened to some of these religious true-believers? Have you ever heard of any extreme, bizarre behavior and outlandish claims associated with religious zealots? Could any of them be considered kooks, nuts or dingbats? A fair person would have to say yes.
But the marginal people in these two groups don't matter in this argument. What matters is the prejudice and superstition built into the media coverage of the two sets of beliefs. One is treated reverently and accepted as received truth, the other is treated laughingly and dismissed out of hand.

As evidence of the above premise, I offer one version of a typical television news story heard each year on the final Friday of Lent:

"Today is Good Friday, observed by Christians worldwide as a day that commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, whose death redeemed the sins of mankind."

Here is the way it should be written:

"Today is Good Friday, observed worldwide by Jesus buffs as the day on which the popular, bearded cultural figure, sometimes referred to as The Messiah, was allegedly crucified and according to legend died for mankind's so-called sins. Today kicks off a 'holy' weekend that culminates on Easter Sunday, when, it is widely believed, this dead 'savior' who also, by the way, claimed to be the son of a sky-dwelling, invisible being known as God mysteriously 'rose from the dead.'

"According to the legend, by volunteering to be killed and actually going through with it, Jesus saved every person who has ever lived and every person who ever will live from an eternity of suffering in a fiery region popularly known as hell, providing so the story goes that the person to be 'saved' firmly believes this rather fanciful tale."

That would be an example of unbiased news reporting. Don't wait around for it to happen. The aliens will land first.

-- From "When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?" (George Carlin, 2004)

dorkbot said:
There are lots of accounts of aliens reading from and transmitting to human minds but I can't recall a single one where the claim is that a human read the alien's mind and answered all their own questions without the aliens' consent.

Here is one.

Since you are willing to entertain the premise of telepathy, you might be interested in one of my experiences.

Almost ten years ago - when I was still living in the UK - I invited over to my flat two friends of mine, who I considered highly psychic and talented in spiritual healing. I had been sitting in psychic development classes before, and also taught the workings of the chakras to students at healing classes. The purpose of our meeting was to further our mediumistic development, in particular towards the goal of becoming trance or semi-trance mediums. (I am not going to describe standard spiritualist practise or beliefs here- that would take up too much space. Anybody interested would have to read up on it).

So, I arranged for a circular seating position for the three of us, dimmed the light, and opened the sitting with a dedication. The idea was to just sit there, for an hour or so, and see what happens. At the time, all three of us were curious as to what our spirit guides were planning on bringing about, in terms of mediumistic work. So, the outcome of the evening was entirely undetermined. We had no set expectations in any way.

I remember that we sat there, quietly, for quite a long time. Nothing dramatic seemed to be happening, at least for me - in fact, hardly anything happened at all, apart from the usual sensations that come along during meditation. That was, until I suddenly saw the image of a grey looming at me, out of complete darkness. The image stopped right in front of my face, looking straight at me. I immediately knew what it was, although I was extremely surprised, since I didn't expect this to be possible in the first place - I had seen plenty of human faces before, but no ETs. I also noticed that the face looked different from the majority of popular images of greys - the eyes (or goggles) were more slanted, and the entire head was shaped like an upside down pear.

What happened next was most astonishing. I sensed that the being, with great ease, locked into my thought processing, and started to read me like an open book. However, reading isn't the right word: It felt more like scanning - as if the grey was rapidly scanning my memories, as if they were banks of data. This was most bizarre, and there are no words to accurately describe the sensation.

As this was happening - I felt entirely passive throughout, and not in charge of the situation at all - I began to notice that I could do the same with the grey: I could easily lock into its mind, and start analysing its thoughts and memories. Boy, what a shock: First of all, the mind was so much stronger, faster, more intelligent, and focused, than anything we could ever imagine. It was similar to locking into a computer: I could just about work out the extraordinary speed of thought, but had little to no chance of understanding its contents. I felt totally, utterly dwarfed by the powers of this mind.

But something else occurred also: I could make out the grey's home planet - as if looking right through the image of the grey, and then looking beyond. I couldn't see much detail, since I didn't have enough time to let my internal vision move around. But I could work out that their planet was quite beautiful, yet very still, and also appeared to be void of vegetation. I remember seeing a lot of blue colours, as if blue skies, and I believe I saw water in the form of lakes. However, no plants or animals. I could also see what appeared to be a city, with very tall towers and extremely slick structures that appeared to be constructed from a shiny alloy. There was no hint of pollution, everything looked perfectly tidy and organised.

However, at this point the experience quickly grew extremely unpleasant, as I felt as if my own mind was beginning to merge with that of the greys. I was increasingly loosing my sense of self. It was as if my mind was being absorbed, and quite literally taken over. I was also aware that I not only was attuned to this one particular grey, but rather to the entire colony. In short, I got really, REALLY scared. The curiosity, which I had felt until this point, gave way to sheer panic, and all I wanted was to get out of this situation, and protect myself. Consequently, I did what I always do when threatened: I visualised myself surrounded by white light, and visualised that I was projecting white light towards the entity. That immediately broke the link.

musictomyears said:
Since you are willing to entertain the premise of telepathy, you might be interested in one of my experiences.

That's an interesting story. Thanks for relating it. I'm curious to know how you would characterize this transference of info in terms of it's components. Aside from the entity in question being atypical(Lam?), would you describe this session as being markedly different than other medium experiences you may have had? If so, how? Did the experience consist purely of inner vision or were there any other elements(sounds, external sight, physical sensations, spoken or perceived language)?

You say that this particular session was approached without expectations but could you speculate on whether you may have primed yourself for that type of encounter in some way previously? Perhaps through reading about greys, previous attempts at channeling ET, other meditative or ritual/ceremonial practices that may have somehow been related to establishing that kind of contact?

I'm also curious to know if the other people involved had a similar, different or non-existent experience during that session.

dorkbot said:
That's an interesting story. Thanks for relating it. I'm curious to know how you would characterize this transference of info in terms of it's components. Aside from the entity in question being atypical(Lam?), would you describe this session as being markedly different than other medium experiences you may have had? If so, how? Did the experience consist purely of inner vision or were there any other elements(sounds, external sight, physical sensations, spoken or perceived language)?

You say that this particular session was approached without expectations but could you speculate on whether you may have primed yourself for that type of encounter in some way previously? Perhaps through reading about greys, previous attempts at channeling ET, other meditative or ritual/ceremonial practices that may have somehow been related to establishing that kind of contact?

I'm also curious to know if the other people involved had a similar, different or non-existent experience during that session.

Hi, that's a lot of questions. I'll address them as good as I can.

In terms of quality of telepathy (so to speak) used by the grey, it was very, very different from experiencing regular telepathy. I would describe attempting to use telepathy between humans as pretty hard work, a little similar to looking at a picture from a distance, without being able to see all the detail that would explain the meaning and contents of the picture. Regular telepathy is usually quite vague, and works best when it happens spontaneously, without any effort. I think most people will have experienced telepathic moments in their lives, when they unwittingly picked up a thought from a friend, for example.

However, telepathy in connection with this grey entity was nothing like that, and I wished I had the words to fully describe the experience. It was much more like an instantaneous blending of two types of consciousness, as if locking into an incredibly fast and powerful computer. There was no sense of any privacy left whatsoever. I felt transparent, or like a hologram - everything about me appeared accessible to this being, including parts that I am not entirely aware of myself (which is pretty spooky to contemplate).

You mentioned that you think I described an atypical grey. I personally don't think so, I was only trying to point out that a lot of popular images of greys are not very accurate. I had a look around the net, and the closest likeness I could find was this (it's a Halloween mask, of all things):

Attachments

• CMSMA163.jpg
    CMSMA163.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
Continued...

So, yes, this experience was very different from other mediumistic experiences I have had (I am, for example, very familiar with semi-trance conditions, which I enter into during healing work).

The experience was entirely internal. I had my eyes closed, there were no external or physical effects that I would have been aware of. Telepathic communication does not require words, it acts according to internal pictures or symbols. Language is irrelevant, even between humans. In the case of the grey, let me try to emphasise again that the overwhelming experience was a sense of loss of self on my part, since there was a total and effortless blending of the two minds, with my own mind being much, much weaker than the grey's.

Something I forgot to mention earlier: As I was glancing at the grey's home planet, I noticed that it was smaller than Earth, since I could see a pronounced curvature at the horizon. This would probably result in less gravity than on Earth.

In terms of "could you speculate on whether you may have primed yourself for that type of encounter in some way previously", I must say, probably yes. In fact, it occurred to me after the session was over, that I had UFO magazines lying around on the desk, and I may have chatted about UFOs and aliens to my friends prior to the sitting, although I'm not sure. However, I have had a long standing interest in the subject, and thought for a while that I might want to act as a kind of interface or (don't laugh) "ambassador" for benevolent aliens, since there seems to be so much confusion and fear related to the subject. I did not, however, expect to get picked out by the greys for a contact, since they are not a race that appear entirely benevolent. There are probably good reasons as to why the contact did happen, but I wouldn't want to speculate right now - perhaps later.

Incidentally, and since you asked, none of the other two sitters had an alien encounter during this session, but experienced little more than a pleasant state of meditation. In a way, I felt afterwards that the meeting had been a bit of a failure. I said earlier that we had had no set expectations, which was true. However, at the back of my mind I was hoping for deeper trance states for my healing work (similar to the way Arigo worked, just without the knife, if you will). But this did not happen. Having an encounter with a grey was certainly not what I expected, or even thought possible.

I actually meant "atypical" in the sense of expecting a human face and being confronted by a grey instead.

I find this to be a very interesting account specifically because there is no claim that it happened in a direct physical sense. You are very clear that this was an inner vision experience yet one that you were not overtly seeking. That is not to say that a quasi-mystical inner vision experience is unimportant and unrelated to the larger picture.

I personally try to maintain as large a number of running speculations about the phenomena as I can manage. I'm comfortable keeping the ETH, EDH, CTH, TTH and about a dozen other bizarre possibilities around to think about as they all have their good and bad points. I mention this because I think it is useful to have at least a basic overview in mind of the historical esoteric literature that deals with contacting non-human intelligence.

What interests me here is that on one hand elements of this telepathy-like account seem strikingly similar to, for example, accounts I have heard of telepathy-like interaction with Enochian entities. What seems different to me is that the Enochian interactions were something that had to be specifically sought out in a meticulous, methodical and laborious manner through very precise ritual work and that they seem to modify their appearance somewhat in accordance to a particular person's expectations. On the other hand, the greys seem to barge in uninvited in most cases and the image of their appearance seems relatively static.

And this is one of my running questions to people like Greenfield who are quick to draw the comparison to the denizens of the occult. That is to say, even if I accept this comparison there needs to be some addressing of the question on how they seem to be able to sort of forcefully manifest and protrude into our reality with little or no prompting when, traditionally, contact with entities like this are supposed to have involved a large amount of focused ritual effort.

Most authorities I have read on such topics state that "magical" effects in the physical world are like water in that they will always tend to take the path of least resistance as it were. Pots of gold do not materialize in a puff of smoke, rather somebody forgets to cash a check you wrote them. Yet the greys seem to be riding into Pleasantville's business district in a motorcycle gang, snatching purses from grandma and breaking shop windows as it were.

So what's up with that?

Understand that I don't practice channeling, ritual magic(k), mediumship or anything similar, I'm just somewhat familiar with the literature.

A. LeClair and others,

Granted, without faith one can't approach God (or understand life).

What assumptions do you live by?

What do you base judgments of truth or reality on?

Truth is physical and spiritual (mind / creative vitality).

Your computer proves intelligent design.

If Aliens are real then they're created beings - not a big deal....

Truth is always expressed in a physical reality and verifiable.

knichol5 said:
A. LeClair and others,
Granted, without faith one can't approach God (or understand life).
What assumptions do you live by?
What do you base judgments of truth or reality on?
Truth is physical and spiritual (mind / creative vitality).
Your computer proves intelligent design.
If Aliens are real then they're created beings - not a big deal....
Truth is always expressed in a physical reality and verifiable.

Uhh, what????

Back