• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Paracast+ Update!

XenForo's response about a custom label/identification for Paracast+ members:

"You can use user group styling and user banners to differentiate members in different user groups.

"Our help manual and featured resource guides explain how to use those functions."

So anyone with a little experience in customizing a forum's styling is welcome to work with us to make this happen.

XenForo is available at: http://www.xenforo.com/

If I knew anything about it I'd help.:oops: Unlike Mr. Fibuli I'm about as hopeless technically as a tribble. Hope someone can-sounds like a cool idea.

XenForo's response about a custom label/identification for Paracast+ members:

"You can use user group styling and user banners to differentiate members in different user groups.

"Our help manual and featured resource guides explain how to use those functions."

So anyone with a little experience in customizing a forum's styling is welcome to work with us to make this happen.

XenForo is available at: http://www.xenforo.com/

I am ridiculously tech savvy, I will take a look at the documentation and get back to you if it is a quest I wish to undertake.

I Love You,
Gene Lionberg

Actually at the bottom of this page they talk about banners and those look to be exactly what I had in mind. I would recommend going this route and turning a P+ banner on for P+ members when they join up.

I Love You,
Gene Lionberg

And: Some of you have wondered if we could possibly offer a "combo" deal, which includes subscriptions to both The Paracast+ and Tech Night Owl+. I'd really like to do that, but the infrastructures, using PayPal features, are separate. There's no way that I know about to integrate the payment structure to handle anything of this sort. I wish there were, but I will ask the folks at XenForo, who supplies our forum software, if it's anything they'd ever be able to allow.

Just to set your minds at ease: As most of you know, I've suffered serious financial woes in recent years, some serious enough to threaten losing my home. In case you're wondering, yes, I will make sure The Paracast (and Tech Night Owl LIVE) continue regardless of what happens to me on the short term. There's always a way so long as I have somewhere to record and edit the shows. I'm not going away. :D

Just to set your minds at ease: As most of you know, I've suffered serious financial woes in recent years, some serious enough to threaten losing my home. In case you're wondering, yes, I will make sure The Paracast (and Tech Night Owl LIVE) continue regardless of what happens to me on the short term. There's always a way so long as I have somewhere to record and edit the shows. I'm not going away. :D
It would only set our minds at ease to hear of your financial recovery/stability. I sincerely wish you the best fortune.

Just recently paid $5 to try out The Paracast+, and I'm glad I did. SO nice to have the commercials excised, and although I'm not sure to what degree I've noticed the sound quality improve, I know it sounds great. And After the Paracast is a great bonus that I wouldn't want to go back to not having.... To anyone who enjoys The Paracast, up-grading will most likely be well worth it.

And signing up was extremely easy, as I was already a forum member. But signing up to the forum isn't that hard, and is definitely worth the small amount of time required to sign up for Paracast+.

So thanks Gene, I really enjoy Paracast+ and was instantly hooked. It's such a fun podcast to cozy up to, and Paracast+ makes the listen even comfier & cozier. :) I was on the fence for awhile (and if the only option was $50 up-front I'd probably still be on the fence, ha!), but I'm glad I decided to check it out. Fewer distractions, great audio, great bonus content, and the fun of being part of the Paracast club all add up to a great value. Anyone who doesn't think it's worth it is probably someone who wouldn't even like the show in the first place.

Back