• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 3rd - Peter Robbins

P

Paul Kimball

Excellent show guys. Peter is a true gentleman, and while I may not always agree with him, he's a genuine and honest researcher who has done some very good work on the Rendlesham case.

Plus, he's one of the great raconteurs of all time - an absolute hoot to hang out with at a UFO conference! :)

With respect to Charles Halt, whom I interviewed for Best Evidence, I found him to be an interesting fellow - I agree with Peter that he's a very circumspect man, who I think knows more than he lets on, at least publicly. Like Peter, there were things that Halt would say to me and my cameraman with the camera off that he would not say with the camera on.

I agree. What a great episode guys.

Peter is just a super guy and tells that story in such a way that good luck hitting pause, 'cause it aint gonna happen. Hes a great guy too and Ive emailed him a couple of times after hearing the great BOA interview he did and asked him about the book and the case, and he was always extremely friendly and seemed happy to reply and answer questions.

Im curious Paul, did you mean that you disagree with the aspects of the Rendlesham case (with Peter), or more with general things out there in the crazy world of ufology?

Couldn't agree more with the gents above me. Hope to see Peter in these forums soon, and I'm gonna pick up a copy of the book. Tremendous interview about a case that has long been a top-5 on my list.

--Shawn

Excellent show.

I've talked with Peter on a bunch of conferences (and at coffee shop in New York), and he has a lot more to share than just the Bentwaters case. He should make a return visit soon!

A thoroughly enjoyable episode - and what a great guest. I'm looking forward to hearing more from Peter Robbins.

I've read Left At East Gate, and thoroughly recommend it. There's a whole heap of interesting stuff in there, that couldn't possibly have been covered in a two hour show.

I hope Mr. Robbins becomes a frequent guest of the show. Ufology needs more like him,

Thanks, G&D. A fascinating show with an articulate, engaging researcher.

I thought Mr Robbins and "mah fellow Paracasters" might be interested in this BBC link from 2003. It concerns the alleged confession of Kevin Conde who claims to have hoaxed the whole Bentwaters incident by...flashing his car's emergency lights! Anyway, if you scroll right down to the bottom of the page (in the readers' comments section) a J Barrell posts an interesting account of lights swooping low over Rendlesham forest. The lights turned out to have an earthly explanation, but I wondered whether these lights related to what Mr Robbins saw on the evening of his first visit?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/east/series3/rendlesham_ufos.shtml

(PS. If Mr Robbins reads this, could you please post details of your speaking engagement in September in Liverpool. Thanks)

Im curious Paul, did you mean that you disagree with the aspects of the Rendlesham case (with Peter), or more with general things out there in the crazy world of ufology?

I remain sceptical of Larry Warren's account (which is not to say that I reject it out of hand); I think Peter and I also differ on the question of alleged alien abductions, and the work of Budd Hopkins et al.

Paul

Ohhh GOODY, Ya interviewed him, finally! THANK YOU David, Gene and Peter!

And I want MORE from him!!!!

More!!!!

And I've just started listening to the show but have any of you heard his other interview that someone gave the links to?

He releases LOTS more info there about what was seen....so I'm of the opinion, this incident wasn't just earthly lights and a Hoax....

That was very interesting. He seems very passionate and tells is like it is. I hope he is back on the show soon.

Great show, Peter was a great guest talking about one of the most compelling, well documented cases around. I read Georgina Bruni's book "You Can't Tell the People" a few years ago. The case also has the high strangeness factor the Gene and David sometimes mention. There were two things in Bruni's book that may add a bit of depth to the case, just as Peter's experience with having his phone tapped and seeing the UFOs near the base.

First, the title of the book comes from a conversation she had with Margaret Tatcher (Former Primeminister) during which she mentioned the book she was writing, about the Bentwater case, to which Mrs. Tatcher said that she had to get all her facts completely accurate when dealing with the topic of UFOs, and then, in a more hushed tone, she said "you can't tell the people." Of course, Mrs. Tatcher may have been playing with Bruni (I wouldn't put it past the Iron lady), but it is interesting nonetheless.

Second, Bruni recounts a time when she visited Bentwaters at the end of the book. She locked her car and went into the woods. It was during the day. When she got back to her car, all the doors were open. The keys were in her pocket. This adds another curious incident to the mix. Bruni muses briefly about the connection between UFOs and other incidences which have a high strangeness factor but seem not to be directly related to UFOs. Rather they are indirectly related ie they happen in the same place that someone saw a UFO.

Great show guys, Peter sounds like a great chap.
I'm still not convinced on Larry Warrens claims but I'm definately keen to hear more from Peter. Keep up the good work guys, keep up the good work Peter

When I read the show blurb I thought to myself: "Rendlesham? AGAIN? This'll be a snooze..."

I'm pleased to say I was flat out wrong in that assessment. Engaging guest, revealing interview, probing questions and all done in a relaxed and professional atmosphere. This is why the Paracast is THE premier show on all matters paranormal and mysterious. It's like you guys are champagne and everything else is diet coke; the only comparison is that there is NO COMPARISON.

You guys need to get Peter back on as soon as possible. And do more shows like this. A++

CapG -

Well said. Before listening I had a similar feeling towards this show---was pretty much floored in the end.

Great podcast. I have heard Robbins on other shows, so I knew this would be good. Again, great questions by David and Gene. It's so nice to hear discussion of these topics conducted at a high level. Unfortunately, this is the only platform available for this kind of treatment of such subject matter. Looking forward to next week's show.

Why is that?

Well i'm not saying I don't think any of it is true. All I am saying is that I still have a number of questions/doubts.
1) Firstly, in the few documentaries I have seen where Larry tells his story, I always had the feeling that he wasnt telling the truth, or atleast the whole truth.
2) Secondly, despite having heard the rendlesham story 100000 times, I have never heard many of the events that were described in this show. Some of them seem very incredible, and so far I have only listened to some guy on a podcast tell the story about it, and havent seen any evidence yet (mainly because I havent looked yet, i will probably read his book and look for these coroborating letters from other airforce personnel).
There are a few other reasons, and i am very open to being convinced but until I see actual evidence for something, other than peoples testimonies (since I believe that 99% of people in this field just make stuff up as they go along) then I remain unconvinced.
I could read the book next week and completely change my mind

Back