• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- May 5, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
May 5, 2012

The Executive Producer of "My Ghost Story" Featured on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Please Consider a Donation to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Brand New Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

Sunday, May 6, 2012: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present Mark Phillips, an award-winning producer who is currently Executive Producer for "My Ghost Story," described as one of Biography Channel's highest rated programs. During this episode, Phillips will tell you how the show originated, and the methodology he and his staff use to investigate and cover stories of paranormal encounters, as told by the eyewitnesses.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Home - Our Strange Planet

"My Ghost Story" Site: My Ghost Story TV Show - Biography.com

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Voices of the Past
By Gene Steinberg

As I look over the lists of potential guests for me and Chris to interview on The Paracast, I am saddened how many personalities in the world of the strange and unknown are no longer with us. In recent years, we’ve featured special roundtables to honor the memories of the likes of Lucius Farish, Richard Hall, Mac Tonnies and John Keel.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many sometimes brilliant, sometimes eccentric figures in the field that aren’t here to enlighten us as to their opinions and their research. In a sense it’s sad to examine the large list, but there are sometimes ways to bring them back, if not in spirit, but with recordings of their words.

That takes us to some recent communications I’ve had with our staff announcer, Bob Zanotti, a talented broadcaster with many years of experience in the industry. Back in the 1960s, Bob, then a student, hosted a radio show, “Coffee Klatch,” for a college station. I was on the show a few times, but I was far more interested to discover that he had an extensive library of recordings of that show, a rich resource of the fascinating and sometimes over-the-top personalities of that era.

Even better, Bob, at my request, has spent untold hours listening to those recordings and retrieving excerpts of some of the most fascinating interviews. You’ll hear some of those hidden treasures in a forthcoming episode of The Paracast.

Among the most fascinating personalities in the field in those days was Yonah Fortner, a distinguished Hebrew scholar with a facility for a couple of dozen languages. Though crippled since youth, Yonah kept active in various occult studies, and as an occasional guest at Jim Moseley’s monthly public lecture series in New York City, not to mention a rare radio appearance.

Now Yonah is best known in the field as one of the pioneer researchers into ancient astronauts, the theory that humans had direct encounters with beings from other planets thousands of years ago. Yonah cited biblical passages and other documents to prove his case, but is rarely mentioned by any of the people who wrote popular books on the same subject that came after his original series of articles on the subject was published in Moseley’s original version of “Saucer News.” So, for example, Erich von Daniken a best-selling author on the subject from Switzerland, never acknowledged the work of Yonah, or even that he ever existed. At least I’ve not heard of him doing so.

Well, Bob was able to locate a few segments featuring Yonah at his outrageous best. But that’s not all.

Another fascinating personality from that era was John J. Robinson. By day, a conservative banker, by night Jack was a devout researcher into the strange and unknown. He worked closely with Yonah on a number of writing projects.

One of the most fascinating tales told by Jack involved a friend of his, Steve Brodie, who may have been captive of the evil dero, those evil creatures who allegedly live in caverns beneath the surface of the Earth. Jack recounted this story a number of times, and Bob has it captured on tape for you to relive this amazing experience.

Other UFO personalities from the New York area included photographer August C. Roberts, who claimed to have photographed strange objects from time to time, and also helped Moseley to examine photos submitted by eyewitnesses to see if they were genuine. Augie and a colleague of his, Dominic Lucchesi, were also close to UFO author Gray Barker, and were caught up in the legendary Men In Black case involving Albert K. Bender in the early 1950s.

One of Bob’s segments, in fact, focuses on an argument Dom had with Moseley. To be sure, Dom Lucchesi was nothing if not outspoken in his views on the subject.

As you might expect, Bob interviewed some of the more offbeat personalities as well, such as Andy Sinatra, known as “The Mystic Barber,” who claimed to be distantly related to another person named Sinatra. In any case, Andy sometimes wore a peculiar metallic headband that, I gather, was designed to ward off attacks by evil aliens. And, yes, he did work as a regular barber at a shop in Brooklyn, NY. I even visited him once or twice but, no, I did not partake of his hair cutting services.

This is just some of the historical material that Bob has assembled. He has spent a fair amount of time digitally enhancing the audio originally captured from old fashioned magnetic tape. Indeed, after I applied a few extra tweaks to those digital files, I listened and, for a moment at least, began to feel that Jack, Yonah, Augie, Dom and even The Mystic Barber were right there in my studio.

I really enjoyed reliving all of these great memories, thanks to Bob Zanotti’s excellent work. And you’ll be hearing all of these voices of the past and more coming very soon to The Paracast.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Can someone fire me off Jim Mosley's address? I'd like to check out Saucer Smear but listen to the podcast in my car so never have the opportunity to write down his address, darn it.

Always happy to spread the word:

Jim Moseley
P.O. Box 1709
Key West, FL 33041

Jim will send a free copy of Saucer Smear to anyone who sends him a written request, and welcomes "non-subscriptions," where you decide how much to pay. Although you can buy a copy of Smear online, Jim only gets a tiny percentage of the sale. This way what you send is all his.

Back