• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- June 2, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
June 2, 2012

The Highgate Vampire and Other Ghostly Phenomena Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Here's Why We're Requesting a Donation to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Brand New Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

Sunday, June 3, 2012: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Discover the mysteries of vampires, ghosts, and other psychic phenomena as Gene and Chris present long-time paranormal investigator David Farrant, well known for his connection with the British Psychic and Occult Society and the amazing "Highgate Vampire" phenomenon, involving a strange being or apparition seen in a cemetery.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Home - Our Strange Planet

David Farrant's Site: Welcome To DavidFarrant.org

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

UFO Researchers Still Can’t Get Past First Base
By Gene Steinberg

So there appears to have been an upsurge in UFO sightings in 2012. According to recent issues of the MUFON Journal, the possible flap got underway right at the beginning of the year, continuing an increase in reports from 2011. You almost begin to think we might have returned to the “good old days” of UFO research, where flying saucers were frequently reported in the news media.

Certainly this is a great time to be talking about potential visitors from other planets, what with more and more possibly Earth-like planets being discovered in the galaxy, and evidence indicating the potential for possibly rudimentary life even surviving on Mars. The science fiction world has long been filled with stories about a universe rich with numerous forms of life, and it may well be that such conditions are really present.

But persuading mainstream science that ET is among us remains a hard sell. UFO researchers with scientific backgrounds, such as Stanton T. Friedman, no doubt feel that these new discoveries will ultimately vindicate their theories. Well, maybe, but there is still no smoking gun to prove that UFOs are manifestations of some sort of alien presence. Even the best photos and films present possibly unexpected images, and eyewitness accounts may only indicate the existence of anomalous phenomena, not necessarily the cause.

At the same time, I’m sure there are lots of people interested in UFOs that believe the government has withheld the truth for decades, and they are just waiting for disclosure. Some believe disclosure is imminent, and the news that our universe is teeming with life is just part of a gradual effort to acquaint you and I to the reality that ET is here.

On the other hand, the U.S. space program has been cut back severely, and these days NASA seems to want to rely on private contractors to launch space ships into orbit, at least for the near future. Moon voyages aren’t in the cards. Sending humans to Mars is still years off, and the dates continue to slip. If the government had clear and present evidence that ET was here, wouldn’t they want to find ways to accelerate space exploration? Or maybe there is, as suggested by some conspiracy theory advocates, a secret space program that uses “black budget” funds to sustain itself. That would make NASA very much a public relations operation, which is maybe why it’s not being taken too seriously in an era of high government deficits, with very little spare cash available to fund scientific exploration.

That the whole issue of disclosure is controversial is nothing new. Back in the 1950s, the late Major Donald E. Keyhoe, one of the first popular authors of books about flying saucers, was demanding that the U.S. government tell us what they knew. My impression, having met him a few times over the years, was that he was totally sincere in believing that the truth would come out. When he ran a UFO club, NICAP, he tried to manage it very much as a lobbying operation. The board was heavily occupied with former military officers, including someone who once headed the CIA. Indeed, some people at the time felt that NICAP was little more than a government front designed to divert attention from serious UFO research, although I’m not convinced one way or the other.

Well, the original NICAP is long gone. MUFON struggles with moving chairs in the leadership spot, and there’s scant evidence that they are learning anything of significance about UFOs. They are surely collecting lots of data, but you wonder if it isn’t just reinforcing the collective belief that those strange ships in the skies are intelligently controlled vehicles from other worlds. That’s no way to discover the answers if they happen to point in a different direction.

Of course, none of this inaction means that the ET theory is necessarily wrong. It may well be that one or more advanced races from other planets in neighboring star systems have managed to find their way here, and they are sticking around for reasons known only to themselves. At the same time, they are probably smart enough to remain elusive. It’s even possible that many of the sightings are themselves artificially generated illusions that are meant to hide the real activities of the UFOnauts.

But some researchers continue to talk of alternative explanations, such as visitors from other dimensions, another time, or maybe even part of a phenomenon that we are unable to fully understand. It may well be that what we perceive as flying ships are really manifestations of an underlying experience that takes on different forms depending on our cultural conditioning and expectations. I have certainly written about such possibilities over the years.

Regardless of the answer, it doesn’t seem as if the ongoing data collection activities are yielding any real answers as to what’s going on. Yes, it would be easy to expect the governments of Earth to just tell us what they know, and set our minds at rest – or otherwise if UFOs have a potentially hostile intent. It’s even possible there is that gradual disclosure that some suggest, but that implies a level of competence that really seems to elude most governments.

Certainly confronting a mystery that still has no solution can be frustrating. It may also be possible that we’re not meant to know the answers, that the journey of investigation and discovery is its own reward.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
June 2, 2012

That the whole issue of disclosure is controversial is nothing new. Back in the 1950s, the late Major Donald E. Keyhoe, ...ran a UFO club, NICAP, he tried to manage it very much as a lobbying operation. The board was heavily occupied with former military officers, including someone who once headed the CIA. Indeed, some people at the time felt that NICAP was little more than a government front designed to divert attention from serious UFO research, although I’m convinced one way or the other.

Well, which way? :eek:

"It may well be that what we perceive as flying ships are really manifestations of an underlying experience that takes on different forms depending on our cultural conditioning and expectations. I have certainly written about such possibilities over the years."

Perhaps sometime you will share those writings with us.

Perhaps. I'd have to look over some of the material I wrote, assuming I even have copies after all these years, digitize them and perhaps reprint them in the newsletter.

NICAP was chock full of {former} CIA - one of which I was personally acquainted - from Founder Brown to Rochefort to Hillenkoeter (CIA's first Director :eek: ) to Bryan to Acuff to Hall.

It was dominated by CIA and CIA directives and was run aground by CIA, CIA NOCs and CIA ops. Now you know.

Qetuoadgil, I asked you if you meant Richard "Dick" Hall, claiming that he was CIA? I would appreciate an answer.

Decker

I asked a simple question. Did you mean Richard Hall when you said Hall? I don't have the time to get into a long discussion right now about NICAP.

Decker

You want answers. I give you answers. You don''t like my answers. :eek: You hold all the cards in a game that cannot possibly be played fairly.

For people I don't care for the answers I receive, or the posts I read, I use the Ignore feature.

Qetuoadgil, I asked you if you meant Richard "Dick" Hall, claiming that he was CIA? I would appreciate an answer.

Decker

Dear Don,

Richard Hall was considered a useful idiot but was never trusted enough to be a mole. Why put him on payroll - altho he sure wanted to be a top Spy. All we had to do was call him up and he would spill the beans. One telephone call from McCone and Dick was jelly knees and all mouth. :D

FJC

Back