• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Would you take the ride?

Free episodes:

Kim323

Paranormal Maven
I've tried to see if this has come up before on the forums, but couldn't find anything, and I do mean this question seriously, because I've sometimes when drifting off into "brown studies" wondered what I just would do: Would you accept an invitation to take a ride aboard their vehicle if offered to you by extraterrestrial beings? Without a lot of caveats and considerations built into this hypothetical situation, the scenario would be as follows: you're hiking or driving in the middle of nowhere, you come upon the beings and their craft, no scary chase/abduction, and you, as a member in good standing of The Paracast and therefore somewhat acclimated to the weird factor, manage to retain your composure enough that you don't turn tail and run screaming away with the utter shock of it. The beings are not humanoid (unlikely that life elsewhere could be that close), but they're not some vile monsters of the cinema, and their communication with you is clear, perhaps telepathic, but no gestures/grunts, etc. They tell you a bit about themselves, extend the invitation for a ride that they tell you will go way beyond our solar system, and will have you back safely in four hours. The craft is of good size and you see that you will be able to stand and walk around, and have great visibility for you from the inside looking out. Would you walk aboard?

No question. I have done more risky things multiple times. Of course, no-one can know for definite how they would respond in such a scenario but I really hope I would accept the offer!

You didn't answer your own question Kim323? How say you? ;)

Is this a trick question?
Yes, I'd go. (Back before my kid was grown, maybe I'd pass.)
Sad, thing is, you know you're not going to be able to keep any souvenirs. All you can hope to do is pick up some bit of knowledge or data that is beyond the current human scope.

No, not a trick question per se. But it is a tricky question for me psychologically, a risk analysis. But not like bungee jumping, which I'd pass on immediately. I'm not sure what I'd do about the ride. Why, concerning the ride, would you have probably have passed when your kid was younger? That's a good point. Why would you take the ET beings' offer now? What was your perceived risk before that now no longer applies? For me, the trustworthiness of their craft wouldn't be an issue.

Risk analysis- good, that's the way I see it. One possibility is that offer is not as advertised. These guys may be lying and just looking or a snack (or they could be flying one of those Roswell models that break down and crash so frequently). Leaving your loved ones wondering what happened to you is a possible outcome, and we can't assign a percentage or probability to it. This could be all or nothing.

Assuming they deliver as promised, there is (based on UFO lore) the likelihood that it would be a life-altering event. It could be a transformative experience that leaves you enlightened, but to the rest of the world you might seem, at best, a mad prophet. Even if you come out unscathed, there is going to be the burning need to talk about it, and to be believed.

You are right, this is a good psychological exercise. That ET joyride comes with a lot of hidden strings attached!

If I could take my camera and take photos and video I would. I have been down the reporting a UFO road before. Everyone thinks you are nuts.

I know, Sentry, it would be a life altering experience, one that would do a lot toward calming down my inherent existential angst. I wouldn't care personally about having to let others know, though, pixelsmith, if the ET beings let me videotape that would be a big bonus. For me, the question boils down to facing my own fear, which would be the very fear itself! But if I didn't go aboard, I'd be kicking myself the rest of my life. But then again, the trust factor: they seem so friendly, but..... And around and around it would go in my head. And, by the way, pixelsmith, I love that cat avatar. What did you see in your UFO experience?

I've tried to see if this has come up before on the forums, but couldn't find anything, and I do mean this question seriously, because I've sometimes when drifting off into "brown studies" wondered what I just would do: Would you accept an invitation to take a ride aboard their vehicle if offered to you by extraterrestrial beings? Without a lot of caveats and considerations built into this hypothetical situation, the scenario would be as follows: you're hiking or driving in the middle of nowhere, you come upon the beings and their craft, no scary chase/abduction, and you, as a member in good standing of The Paracast and therefore somewhat acclimated to the weird factor, manage to retain your composure enough that you don't turn tail and run screaming away with the utter shock of it. The beings are not humanoid (unlikely that life elsewhere could be that close), but they're not some vile monsters of the cinema, and their communication with you is clear, perhaps telepathic, but no gestures/grunts, etc. They tell you a bit about themselves, extend the invitation for a ride that they tell you will go way beyond our solar system, and will have you back safely in four hours. The craft is of good size and you see that you will be able to stand and walk around, and have great visibility for you from the inside looking out. Would you walk aboard?

Been there tried that, Oh hell no, never again.​
Please see:​

Posey, I can't presume to answer for T.O but I think I know where he is coming from. Unless it was permitted to take lots of filmed evidence, you have next to no chance of convincing anyone it really happened. You know that Posey. Even if you had the highest quality video of the whole thing, any debunker or skeptic could quite justifiably call hoax because really if you weigh up the options as a person not part of this trip you have 1. The video is genuine and an alien spacecraft gave a joyride to a human and allowed them to film it all. or 2. The video is a hoax.

It just seems more likely to be a hoax due to the fantastic nature of it all. These things are so fantastic that if you are not there to see them, it is just that hard to believe, especially in a world of frauds and fake stories and hoaxed videos.

I would like to film the trip and I would show it to people already interested in the subject but I wouldn't even bother trying to convince the man on the street as it would be a wasted effort sadly.

Excuse my ignorance Kim123 but what precisely are 'brown studies' ? I have an answer but I don't think it is your answer.

Excuse my ignorance Kim123 but what precisely are 'brown studies' ? I have an answer but I don't think it is your answer.

My guess would be something like this:

the-bathroom-reader0015.jpg

but I could be wrong :D

What the $&!?@&&$!!!! How did you get that camera in my special reading room??? That's one of my deep theological texts I'm reading, and I'd recognize those hairy legs anywhere! I cry FOUL!! Literally and figuratively.

Posey, I can't presume to answer for T.O but I think I know where he is coming from. Unless it was permitted to take lots of filmed evidence, you have next to no chance of convincing anyone it really happened. You know that Posey. Even if you had the highest quality video of the whole thing, any debunker or skeptic could quite justifiably call hoax because really if you weigh up the options as a person not part of this trip you have 1. The video is genuine and an alien spacecraft gave a joyride to a human and allowed them to film it all. or 2. The video is a hoax.

It just seems more likely to be a hoax due to the fantastic nature of it all. These things are so fantastic that if you are not there to see them, it is just that hard to believe, especially in a world of frauds and fake stories and hoaxed videos.

I would like to film the trip and I would show it to people already interested in the subject but I wouldn't even bother trying to convince the man on the street as it would be a wasted effort sadly.

Yes Goggsmackay you are right as usual, I knew the answer to that before I asked the question.
I just wanted to drive home the point that no matter what evidence you have the debunkers and skeptics will never accept it
Either it will be too clear to be real or too foggy to be real.
Which is why as I've said I don't care if others believe, or disbelieve me.
I do appreciate it when they say they do, but in the end that and a dime won't get me a cup of coffee.
Sometimes I blow up because I get so frustrated and say things I later regret, but it can cause sickness if you keep it in.
You, T.O, Mike, Stoneheart, Hans, Settingsun, and many others here take the time to think of real and intelligent questions to ask me and others.
They make me think and question myself, and that is a good thing.
T.Os and your response were so insightful into the reaction that you encounter when you try to share your experience with others that have not had these encounters.
But to get back on topic if you would tell your children not to jump into a car even if it's a Maserati that pulls up and stops in front of them driven by a human, why on Earth would you take a joyride with strange a looking entity even if it is in a bitchin' craft?

What if they are poachers?​
Title.jpgHumanmut.jpg
Read article​

Back