• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Wonderful Yahoo! — Not!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A healthy percentage of you have Yahoo! email addresses, which includes AOL.

I have one too.

Unfortunately, we run into problems from time to time sending email to Yahoo! users. The messages are blocked or get lost in the black hole.

I've been in touch with their support team to work it out, and they do answer letters.

But if you suddenly find you aren't getting The Paracast Newsletter, and announcements from this forum, let me know and I'll look into it.

Or switch to another free email system. I have not seen problems with Gmail or Apple iCloud (.Mac). Or even Microsoft (Hotmail, MSN, Outlook, etc.)

I finally did sort of resolve the problem with sending email to Yahoo/AOL users. Since we recently had a server transition, there is a new IP number, and Yahoo will now meter (throttle) the messages until it "warms up" to our existence and allows greater and greater flows. Sounds like a hot water problem, but that's what they told me.

It may mean, however, that it will take hours or even a day or two for messages from our forum —and the site — to Yahoo/AOL users.

Back