• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who knows? The X-Files is Coming Back...

Open-Minded-Earthling

Skilled Investigator
Who knows, the X-Files are indeed coming back...
FOX TV Group chairman Gary Newman breathed life into those hopes Jan. 17 by announcing early-stage plans to revive the '90s sci-fi cult classic.

Although they stressed a potential relaunch was still in the very early planning stages, Newman and FOX TV Group CEO Dana Walden confirmed that the subject is on the table for future consideration. They also confirmed that they'd contacted show creator Chris Carter, Anderson, and David Duchovny for their thoughts. Duchovny played the yin to Scully's yang as the iconic conspiracy theorist Fox Mulder during the show's original nine season run.

Since Anderson's interview hit the internet on Jan. 12, passionate fans of the series have been hard at work trying to convince FOX to make the relaunch a reality. A Twitter and Facebook campaign using the hashtag #XFiles2015 has successfully gained momentum, and likely the attention of more than a few FOX execs. Duchovny, however, has not commented publicly on the possibility of bringing Mulder back to life.

I believe David Duchovny has stated he is willing to return the the Mulder role in a limited way. I read that as he is wanting bookoo bucks for just a few episodes.

In talking about the subject of ET UFO sightings and the importance of witnesses and how very little is known about their psychological backgrounds and thinking processes, so this subject came-up...
A catalogue of witnesses is long overdue.
One of your best 'one liners' I've read. Just think how incomplete it would be, but I'm certain some definite trends would gel into some insightful meaning. Also, many of these people are older now, they may be more willing to talk, and a lot of information could be gathered from family too even if the witness is dead now.

Hey, this would make a great X-Files comeback idea. Mulder and Scully following-up with old cases and new revelations about who these witnesses really are. Alright, I know that's fiction, but I love that idea!

Would Mulder be using a walker to get around, and Skully be a Miss Marple for the 21st century? Just kidding, of course. I see a million ways this could be done wrong. I guess my ageist jokes were to show that an entire generation of TV viewers has grown up WITHOUT the X Files. So this huge demographic would have to be won over with more than nostalgia and 2 middle aged characters chasing little kids wearing skin tight white clothes and egg heads. And God help us if we have to watch them fumbling around in the dark again episode after episode using only a flashlight. By middle age, could one of them have learned to turn on a light switch?
mov_37.jpg

Was anyone else totally disappointed with the last X-Files movie, the one with Billy Connolly? I hated it and was constantly wondering when the damn aliens would appear.

Having said that I loved the show and credit it with bringing me to many aspects of the paranormal. I watched every show and I would love for it to come back.

Was anyone else totally disappointed with the last X-Files movie, the one with Billy Connolly? I hated it and was constantly wondering when the damn aliens would appear.

Having said that I loved the show and credit it with bringing me to many aspects of the paranormal. I watched every show and I would love for it to come back.
That movie was just plain awful. I hated it profusely. But by the end of the X Files I was basically done with it. Knowing that the actor playing Mulder was being "hard to get", wanted a lot more money, and didn't want to participate any longer (although his career didn't exactly rocket skyward during this period), didn't endear the show to me. When you know an actor doesn't care anymore, it is hard to stay connected with the character. The shows I love now are ARROW, GRIMM and SUPERNATURAL.

I believe David Duchovny has stated he is willing to return the the Mulder role in a limited way. I read that as he is wanting bookoo bucks for just a few episodes.

He will be a 'smoking man' character this time around, the guiding hand.

I wasn't totally disappointed, I prefer the good ol' monster and mutant cases to the alien ones and government conspiracies, This movie was them more about getting back to the old days handling the monsters and strange things hence the Frankenstein like theme here. The new episodes bring back the half human half fluke creature! upload_2015-3-23_8-10-55.jpeg

They'll get a big audience with just 6 episodes IF the stories are also good too.

IF it's super hot with high ratings and unfinished drama and mystery hooks, then it could be a launching pad for more in the future.

I'll watch just to see how much they've improved as actors and if the story telling is better too. I'm in just for that alone.

I hope that flukeman will once again be played by Darin Morgan. He did a bang up job in the original although there wasn't a lot asked of him acting-wise.

I hope that flukeman will once again be played by Darin Morgan. He did a bang up job in the original although there wasn't a lot asked of him acting-wise.
I don't see any website stating that the Flukeman will be part of any plot line or is that just your hope?

Back