• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber and Daniel Pinchbeck have fight while On Air

Free episodes:

RedClover

Paranormal Novice
You guys have got to hear this. I feel a little petty for pointing this out, but it’s magic.
My favorite part is when Pinchbeck accuses Strieber of being under an evil alien influence.

But Hey!
Check out the episode from the 15th of September entitled “War in Dreamland”
http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland

Cheers-
RedClover

I listened to much of it the other day. Up til the point when Whit says dude isn't his friend anymore and Pinch apologized. I found it too embarrassing, and decided to stop listening.

For those that check out Whitley's site, stop by his journal entry or whatever on the "drones". The "visitors" must have abducted Whit's brain. That would explain why he is impressed with the photos..... Maybe I should stop calling him Whit, since it sounds like wit.

But, I'll close siding with Whitley. Pinch was a dolt.

This was a fantastic show indeed although it was quite difficult to listen to in it's entirety as i'm a huge supporter of both Strieber & Pinchbecks ideals.

Although it sounds asthough Pinchbeck had an agenda from the beginning of the interview (which some believe comes out upon Daniel interviewing Whitley in one portion of the show), it's not necessarily an agenda at all or a preconcieved attack upon Whitley; reading & becoming familiar with where Daniel sits on the idea or conciousness & 2012 will give you a very vivid understanding of why Pinchbeck took offense to Striebers 'negativism'.

Goody.

I lived through 1999, then 2000, then 2001. Now the end of the worlders or disaster people moved it to 2012. Some day they may be right, if they keep doing it.

Whitley has had an issue for a long time of going overboard. It's too bad because his original experience was amazing enough without all of the silly stuff he comes up with now. Of course his close alliance with George Noory doesn't help things, he has the same kind of dichotomy working that Steven Greer does. Half of him seems credible, the other half bonkers. He just seems to take himself way too seriously these days, and as just as always, he tends to be way to gullible on the other issue paranormal brought up.

DFWMike said:
Whitley has had an issue for a long time of going overboard. It's too bad because his original experience was amazing enough without all of the silly stuff he comes up with now. Of course his close alliance with George Noory doesn't help things, he has the same kind of dichotomy working that Steven Greer does. Half of him seems credible, the other half bonkers.

That alliance may be for business reasons, Mike. Whitley gets a lot of publicity working with the folks at C2C (and parent company Clear Channel). Sells plenty of books. Sometimes one makes alignments out of greed or just the need to feed one's family, and it requires sometimes sacrificing a few principles along the way.

I'm being charitable here, of course. I only know Whitley very, very casually, and haven't written to him in years.

I have to agree with the "gullible" issue, with the caveat that I sometimes try ideas on, try to agree with them, simply to experience whether or not they can be real to me. It's sort of like trying on shoes and walking in them for a while to see if they really fit.

I've seen Whitley in that light sometimes, like he's trying on new shoes, but it may be that I think he's doing it when he isn't. It's either that or he's very gullible.

Gene Steinberg said:
boxman said:
Is there a chance to have Strieber on the Paracast? I would love to hear Whitley debate David.

David and I would love to have Strieber on the show. We're working on it.

If you do have him on, here's some things that I recommend discussing. It's your show of course so do whatever.

Please inform him about the Drones. He seems to buy into them. He hangs around LMH too much maybe.

Ask him why he didn't carry around a camera or camcorder while having all these experiences. I think I know what he'll say, but do it anyway:)

Inquire about the polygraphs he's taken and any medical papers he has.

I might think of some later.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Gene Steinberg said:
boxman said:
Is there a chance to have Strieber on the Paracast? I would love to hear Whitley debate David.

If you do have him on, here's some things that I recommend discussing. It's your show of course so do whatever.

Please inform him about the Drones. He seems to buy into them. He hangs around LMH too much maybe.

Ask him why he didn't carry around a camera or camcorder while having all these experiences. I think I know what he'll say, but do it anyway:)

It is to those folks such as LMH that I owe my utmost respect; not necessarily because they have 'the answers' to lifes mysteries, but because they make me feel whole again...as I felt when I was a child.

Listening to earthfiles still makes me quiver at times; hearing dreamland at those moments when it touches on the topics of extreme contraversy (sorry to use your term Whit), because that is what I often like to do; that is, to sit back and dream of possibilities.

I guess I'm not helping any sort of field along when I bring this issue up, it's just that sometimes I feel asthough there's more excitement in dreaming than pursuing a necessary construct for truth, or in creating a structure of certain parametres in order to get closer to that truth.....

I guess I just want to dream....

Goody said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Gene Steinberg said:
boxman said:

It is to those folks such as LMH that I owe my utmost respect; not necessarily because they have 'the answers' to lifes mysteries, but because they make me feel whole again...as I felt when I was a child.

Listening to earthfiles still makes me quiver at times; hearing dreamland at those moments when it touches on the topics of extreme contraversy (sorry to use your term Whit), because that is what I often like to do; that is, to sit back and dream of possibilities.

I guess I'm not helping any sort of field along when I bring this issue up, it's just that sometimes I feel asthough there's more excitement in dreaming than pursuing a necessary construct for truth, or in creating a structure of certain parametres in order to get closer to that truth.....

I guess I just want to dream....

Wake up! Enough people are asleep in this field:)

Paranormal Packrat said:
Gene Steinberg said:
boxman said:

From your previous posts, I think you've heard or read enough of Streibers posts to know he wouldn't complete the interview if they started going hard at him. I think we all can agree that he has a proclivity to go beyond the truth and even be a little gullible. I would be interested more in a collaboration of experiences for the first portion of the hour, to hopefully pull out some of his worthwhile contributions before perhaps asking about some of the hard stuff in the second hour.

There are a million things one could direct towards him that are obvious dreams or outright falsifications, but that would really not prove anything except that he is who we all think he is. But I still believe there are enough truthful events he has experienced that he can be a fascinating interview without having to tear the man down. I do wish he had stuck to the basics without embellishing, but we kind of have to take what we can get in this field.

As far as the pinchbeck versus Streiber debacle, sounds like to me pinchbeck was being extremely inflammatory. Seems like he we was looking for a fight before the interview ever happened. Streiber tried to continue and Pinchbeck kept going after him with his valley girl accent. Streiber may not be perfect, but Pinchbeck is a complete freak whose whole platform revolves around glorification of psychedelic drugs, we'd be seeing ufo's and aliens then wouldn't we, lol.

These medical papers and issues were resolved, at least to Whitley's satisfaction, years ago. He wanted to make sure he didn't have temporal lobe epilepsy or that he was insane. He was really worried that the organ he used to make a living--his brain--wasn't malfunctioning.

He hasn't had a single contact since he left his cabin in upstate New York, which he had to sell, allegedly for financial reasons. I don't know that after 12 years of going through an experience like that, alien or not, real or not, I wouldn't want to move myself.

The subjective space he's gained since then has obviously given him room in his life to become more thoughtful and 3-dimensional in his thinking about the experience. I personally believe that before he dies, he will make another film about the visitor experience, not necessarily a remake of Communion, but something that better represents what he went through, as he doesn't feel it really represented what really happened, so much as told a story in the sense that a screenplay has to do to create a successful film.

Of course, before then, there's always the chance that the contact or "visitor" phenomenon will have already come to a head and he won't have to make such a film.

In either case, I certainly wish Whitley a long, happy life with great success and as much public persona as he can handle. Whatever you think of him--he brought worldwide attention to a very real problem that other people could not talk about in serious society, which is no longer the case.

It's unfortunate that Whitley took such an immediate and one-sided interest in the drone photos--I guess we have to chalk it up to willingness to believe or that people like him and LMH just don't spend that much time Photoshopping... so they're gonna believe their eyes and not necessarily go through the scientific method while thinking about it. It's an opinion.

But it doesn't help his credibility on that issue.

It certainly doesn't reflect any negative connotations onto his own past experiences.

By the way, I haven't heard the debate (I thought I did, but everything went swimmingly, so it must have been a different interview), but DFW, I think you're making some assumptions yourself about what must be obvious dreams or falsifications. And it's a stretch, a big one, for you to say on the behalf of all of us that Whitley is someone "that he is who we all think he is".

Pinchbeck is not a believer in UFO reality, he's a skeptic, maybe even a debunker, who claims to be a "UFO agnostic". He does promote the use of DMT, which as Terrence Mckenna and others have proclaimed, puts one in touch with the "self-replicating machine elves". Apparently there is a small amount of natural DMT in the brain, and I think more study is needed in this field. I also find it interesting that when people take DMT, they report largely the same experiences, as happens in the abduction phenomenon. The two seem inextricably linked.

Pinchbeck is a compelling writer, but not at the level of Strieber. Even though he's mighty prolific, if it were a desert island scenario, and I could have one author's body of work and not the other's, there would be no contest. Pinchbeck is very firmly entrenched in his own belief system, whereas Whitley is more willing to stretch his to encompass the other's. Pinchbeck believes that, because he's a scientist, what he thinks is correct and right--and that kind of rigid thinking is what gets people into trouble. It's the other side of the coin of people that believe _everything_ like LMH.

I would also like to bring up the concept that the "war" in Dreamland was a staged event. Nothing sells like controversy. This probably isn't the case; I don't consider Whitley to be the type of person that actively gets involved in fooling people, and I don't know that Pinchbeck would go along with it--but it has to remain in the realm of possibility, and since I haven't yet heard the interview/debate/fight, it's either easier for me to say, or makes less sense, I won't be able to tell until I've heard it.

Here's a funny story:

I was at a conference last november (07) in arizona. ANd both Pinchbeck and Streiber where speaking.

I'm in the audience as Streiber is up at the podium giving a presentation. (I'll add that it was uplifting ad optimistic)

And sitting right in front of me is Daniel Pinchbeck. ANd, he was so fidgety and so squirmy in his chair that it was WAY more interesting than watching Whitley! It was like, if Jim Carrey wanted to pantomime someone stuck in a chair and acting REALLY uncomfortable and nervous.

Oh Jeeeez - It was SO funny...

Anyway - Every once in a while life will offer up a delightful ironic moment.

Back