• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What would you do if you found a bag of cocaine in a pepper?

Free episodes:

What would you do if you found a bag of cocaine in a pepper?

• Total voters
Ok if Im honest Id probably use it myself too. IF I could sell it real easy for a shit load of cash Id sell it. But if it was not going to be an easy task and I didnt have a contact I could trust to give me the right price.... then fuck it.

It would be a fun coupla weeks. Lose weight... get more done... fall back in love with my own ego and tell the world how great I am.

rehab

i'll never forget a friends tale, of coming home to find her mum had cooked a bag of magic mushrooms she found in the fridge for lunch..............

nasty surprises all round that day
When I was a little kid I was staying with my grandma. My pot-head uncle was also living with her and had left some magic brownies in the fridge. Granny, clueless, ate half the pan and got stuck in her rocking-chair for the rest of the day. I just kept an eye on her and changed the Elvis and Marty Robbins records.

I'd have it tested in my local free drug testing clinic (Damn, I love Europe :)), then if it turns out te be 100% pure disco shit, I'd keep it myself ;)

an intelligent answer!

1) you made certain it wasn't poison
2) you kept the harm it may cause limited to yourself... oh, and your family, close circle of friends, but nobody else...

This is my second choice to be honest.

Annette: It's not morally wrong to sell it. Sorry. But its how I feel.

PS. For the sake of the question assume that you 'know' its cocaine. You see a news story where people are handing in bags of coke they find in peppers and the cops say its likely some of it is still out there. They confirm its coke. SO, you know its not poison and you know someone wont come looking for it due to the heat from the pigs and sheer number of bags that are still out there 'amongst the peppers'.

Hopefully that will make the decision a little easier for people, without having to speculate about the variables.

again, unless you have it tested, yourself, you don't KNOW it is cocaine. it could be anything put in there by someone copying on the situation.

NEVER, and this cannot be repeated often enough, NEVER take anything you are not 100 % certain is what it is said to be.

of the drugs variety, of course. trust me.

and as for it not being morally wrong, that is your opinion, mine is that selling it causes harm... so does selling alcohol, but that won't be banned anytime soon.

what happens when people get hooked on substances is what makes it immoral to me, and that is a very thorny question as to where the responsibility starts.

one day I think it is the users who are immoral, the next the sellers, and another day the government for not making them legal so the damage is mitigated...

it's a bitch seeing a lot of different sides to one simple question, but I still think selling it is wrong. That part hasn't changed.

and don't apologise for having an opposing opinion, I don't, and neither should you.
:)

Are there hot women addicted to the stuff nearby? I'll leave out the rest of the graphic details, with the exception of the comment we won't need a mirror.

Weird each day I come up with a different answer. Maybe a year from now I'll know how to vote.

But the coke is going to get out there anyway mike. Im talking a decent size bag here.

Through 6 degrees of separation Im sure I could find someone that knows someone. Me giving it to the authorities isnt going to do a damn thing, and in this case selling it wont actually be morally wrong (IMO), like say finding $4000 in a wallet and keeping that would be morally wrong.

i would report it not because of what i found, but because there might be more.........
what i found, and the amount i found is irrelevant. whats important is a food stuff has been "spiked".

if i report it, the item can be back tracked and an attempt to safely retrieve any others, and issue a public warning becomes possible

if i dont the scenario where someone gets inadvertantly poisoned is possible.

it might not be cocaine...........it might be anthrax..........

so i would report it as a matter of public safety.
even if i did use cocaine, my personal gratification would have to take a back seat to the greater need. that of public safety

Again, you KNOW its cocaine + you the authorities already know about it. Many people have already handed in what they found in a pepper/capsicum, so you doing the same wouldnt necessarily have any direct benefit to the case.

I'm not understanding why you are adding the caveat that you KNOW it's really cocaine for the sake of the argument. The scenario does not bode well when you add that in. In a real-life situation, how would you know for sure? In any case, if it happened to me I'd turn it in in a heatbeat. If you told me you were going to sell it, I'd turn you in, too.

Again, you KNOW its cocaine + you the authorities already know about it. Many people have already handed in what they found in a pepper/capsicum, so you doing the same wouldnt necessarily have any direct benefit to the case.

Ok, given those two parametres i have even more reason to hand it in, the reality these days is that the police would use the eftpos transaction records from the point of sale and doorknock everyone who purchased capsicums from the suspect batch/shipment.

being unable to produce the capsicum i had purchased, or offering some excuse as to why i didnt have it anymore would be asking for a search warrant of the worst sort. the one where they use screwdrivers and take apart all the equipment in the house. (dont laugh it happens)

I know what this thread needs:

2yux9p5.jpg

If I found that, it would be a great oppurtunity to send some enemies on 'vacation' upstate.

You know, if it was found in their glove compartment or something like that.... ;)

Back