• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What if YOU were the government??

Free episodes:

TClaeys

Skilled Investigator
If you had control of any information concerning UFO's what would you do?? I suppose it might depend on the nature of that information and what depth it represents. But for arguments sake, let's say that you have information that UFO's are and have been in and out of our skies. They also seem to pop in and out of places. I don't know that I would want to include abductions as part of this unless someone wants to address it. It's sort of a thought experiment so I guess you could elaborate on whatever aspects you want.

But considering you know some important things about UFOs, what would you do?? Would you release this information to the public?? Some of it?? Soften people up over several generations?? Withold it completely?? There is a lot to think about, especially considering radical response to such information.

A lot of people would like this information or so they think. So go ahead, tell us what you would do with such potentially dangerous information. Is this some human right to know or is it better kept secret??

In this scenario I take it the information on what the government actually knows is quite limited?

In such a case I would do what has been done traditionally: keep it hush-hush, try to downplay any incidents, cover-up as much as humanly possible and just generally keep it on the D/L until something occurs that makes that impossible and then just try and work damage control. Humans are herd animals and they spook easily. They're also entirely too wrapped up in meaningless divisions of their own making like race, culture, nation and religion so for their own good it's better they don't know, if only to stop them from slaughtering each other on an even larger and more unecessary scale than they already do.

Ignorance is bliss.

If I was someone in the government I would be trying everything I can to dismantle the government. Like Ron Paul on a Rothbardian PCP. And given this obviously I would give up any knowledge about aliens to the public.

If you had control of any information concerning UFO's what would you do?? I suppose it might depend on the nature of that information and what depth it represents. But for arguments sake, let's say that you have information that UFO's are and have been in and out of our skies. They also seem to pop in and out of places. I don't know that I would want to include abductions as part of this unless someone wants to address it. It's sort of a thought experiment so I guess you could elaborate on whatever aspects you want.

But considering you know some important things about UFOs, what would you do?? Would you release this information to the public?? Some of it?? Soften people up over several generations?? Withold it completely?? There is a lot to think about, especially considering radical response to such information.

A lot of people would like this information or so they think. So go ahead, tell us what you would do with such potentially dangerous information. Is this some human right to know or is it better kept secret??

Well it depends. If I (as part of government, that is) had info regarding the validity of UFO's, I would NOT release the info to the public IF I (we) didn't know anything about them, nor could defend ourselves against them (whether they be good or bad). 'Cuz you know THAT would start a panic, for SURE!

Now if I (we) DID know all about them, (how they worked, etc.) Then if it was REALLY pertinent that the world NEEDED to know, I'd release the info slowly and through many guises (fiction movies, documentaries, etc). It would also depend on so many things....are the UFO's interacting frequently enough and on good terms with us in that we SHOULD tell the world? Idk, this is such a multi-layered complex scenario...

Y'know how you can fit like 88 clowns in a volkswagen beetle? My plan is to get about ten beetles to drive up on parliament hill and each clown will be armed, thusly resulting in my implementation as 'Benevolent Dictator Of Canada', in which case I will make immediate changes, so that a teacher's salary matches that of a politician. The resulting quality of education may in fact, mean a brighter future for us all.

Y'know how you can fit like 88 clowns in a volkswagen beetle? My plan is to get about ten beetles to drive up on parliament hill and each clown will be armed, thusly resulting in my implementation as 'Benevolent Dictator Of Canada', in which case I will make immediate changes, so that a teacher's salary matches that of a politician. The resulting quality of education may in fact, mean a brighter future for us all.

On the other hand if you made a politician's salary match that of those currently recieved by teachers, then they might actually get something DONE for a change...

On the other hand if you made a politician's salary match that of those currently recieved by teachers, then they might actually get something DONE for a change...
I think they should rely on the charity of the public they serve. Base salary should be below the poverty standard. Bribery by corporate lobbies should be a hanging offense.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I don't see a mass hysteria scenario, since Astounding Stories and Argosy, the pop culture made familiar the idea of beings from other worlds, and a large portion of the people world wide is open to that possibility. If I were the Goverment, I would blame the Reptilans for the disasters of my administrations:cool:.

Isn't that a tautology?
That would be a true fact.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

They're also entirely too wrapped up in meaningless divisions of their own making like race, culture, nation and religion so for their own good it's better they don't know, if only to stop them from slaughtering each other on an even larger and more unecessary scale than they already do.

Actually discosure of aliens might tend to bring all of humanity closer together. But any benefit of this kind may be more than overshadowed by the negative effects. Especially given reports that the government has no idea what ET may do next, hence is in no position to reassure anyone.

Actually discosure of aliens might tend to bring all of humanity closer together. But any benefit of this kind may be more than overshadowed by the negative effects. Especially given reports that the government has no idea what ET may do next, hence is in no position to reassure anyone.

It's kind of a conundrum. If everyone knew that UFO's "are here", we might all become part of the solution of gaining knowledge. We could all become aware of the issue and keep our eyes peeled. We would certainly be more likely to learn more if everyone helped build that knowledge base (considering that the gov't doesn't know anything other than "they are here")

On the other hand, it could be quite scary to pronounce a true unknown. In other words, we don't know what they are, where they are from, or what they want. All we know is that something is there. I don't think most of the general populous wants an unknown. They want everything on a platter. Here it is, here is where they are from, here is what they want, and here is how we deal with them (ie: we are screwed).

After the initial hysteria that might result I think we would move beyond fear. I mean if "they" wanted we would probably be long conquered anyway. Perhaps, as you've said, this could be a uniting moment globally. We need this anyway if humanity is ever to leave our planet for good. It would be a humbling time knowing that we are not the pinnacle of god's creation (shocking I know). But a major advancement for humans, perhaps only in a philosophical way, might be born of such information.

Then again it might only foster building even stronger walls to keep out our neighbors. It's difficult to tell. And it is understandible that the gov't wouldn't want to release any truth to the matter especially when it can use this information for it's own benefit like shadowing it's own secret programs and experiments. Hell they might even be creating part of the phenomenon for just such a purpose. The other true unknown part is just more fuel for exploitation.

In other words, we don't know what they are, where they are from, or what they want.

If some of these crash retrieval stories are true, the government probably has some answers e.g. what they are, based on autopsized bodies, and maybe a grasp of some of their technology. However where they're from and what they want probably still elude them. Or, various encounters might've convinced the government they're hostile.

I mean if "they" wanted we would probably be long conquered anyway.

Maybe they just aren't ready e.g. if they don't yet have enough hybrid fifth columnists. :)

If some of these crash retrieval stories are true, the government probably has some answers e.g. what they are, based on autopsized bodies, and maybe a grasp of some of their technology. However where they're from and what they want probably still elude them. Or, various encounters might've convinced the government they're hostile.
Maybe they just aren't ready e.g. if they don't yet have enough hybrid fifth columnists. :)

Some....or none, methinks.....

Biggest barrier is foreign policy - open admission to potential rivals that there IS technology available but out of reach, would lead to alternative governments in to putting massive extensive resources to acquire it - and the disclosure government showing its cards (opening its weakness).

Until then all governments keep playing poker, it's the ace king card - it's not certain it is in the deck, but it is certain that it probably could or may be. Who has the edge over who, whether that edge is real or not is the basic premise of every foreign policy decision.

Of course you create smokescreens, distractions and deceptions - but who knows which government and nation is the most farthest in front?

8200F.jpg

Of course you create smokescreens, distractions and deceptions - but who knows which government and nation is the most farthest in front?

I tend to doubt ET technology is in foreign hands, since no crash/retrieval reports outside the US are as credible as two within it.

Back