• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What a Weird Night: Our Server Outage

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
So it seems that somebody managed to log into our Web server and do a few dirty deeds that left us offline for several hours.

The technical details are brief and boring to most of you. They installed a second version of the Apache Web server, thus putting everything offline. The host's security people are on it and I hope they'll find the offender and do what's necessary.

So ends a day I'd rather forget.

So it seems that somebody managed to log into our Web server and do a few dirty deeds that left us offline for several hours.

The technical details are brief and boring to most of you. They installed a second version of the Apache Web server, thus putting everything offline. The host's security people are on it and I hope they'll find the offender and do what's necessary.

So ends a day I'd rather forget.

Hope you are OK over there Gene.

Just saying but a certain repeating troll would be worth investigating and I am sure there are one or two cases where he failed to protect his own IP.

it might have been that chicago troll or someone with him

maybe since we know he can proxy farm so doing this:

Means he can hack as well to a degree ... or run a script...

For his sake I hope he is good at covering his tracks and not just a script kiddy because that black hat shit will get you jail time.

note lennyfrommaine and purrlgurrrl have not posted since the outage I think it was chicago troll and I think it has everythng to do with the mike bara show.

I noticed Paracast was offline last night and the thought occurred it might be cyber vandalism.

Whoever did this might want to pull up the 0ld Yellow Pages and look under "L" for lawyer.

Back