• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What a Hundred Trillion looks like

Free episodes:

mike

Paranormal Adept
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/25/trillion-dollar-rescue-plan

Zimbabwe-One-Hundred-Tril-001.jpg

No Zim Dollars in the toilet!

that made me :D

ive always thought money and toilet paper were pretty much the same thing

something i use everyday, and i dont pay much attention to how thick or thin the roll is as long as i dont run out when i need it.
and when i do there is always another roll in the cupboard, and if not plenty more at the supermarket...

i thought the bit about infinity was funny

The smart kids will go for infinity as the largest number imaginable. Until the end of the 19th century, the concept represented the unknowable - but amazingly, in 1874, a mathematician called Georg Cantor revealed that there are many sorts of infinity, some larger than others. He also showed how one can make sense of adding and multiplying infinities. He paid for his investigation, however, spending much of his life in a German mental asylum in Halle.

im only aware of two sizes myself, the macro and micro as i identify them

the macro is where you take one and add one, and keep doing so the number grows and as long as you keep adding one more thats infinity

the micro being take one divide it in half, discard one half, divide the remaining half in half....... as long as you have something to chop in half there will always be half left.

now im wondering just how many sizes infinity comes in.............

Damn, so all of those emails I get saying I have a lost relative in Zimbabwae who left me a hundred trillon dollars could be real? Crap.:eek:

Damn, so all of those emails I get saying I have a lost relative in Zimbabwae who left me a hundred trillon dollars could be real? Crap.:eek:
lol, the online problem there is the money is worth less than the bandwidth it's sent on.

Back