• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

watched threads and email alerts

Free episodes:

Wade

FeralNormal master
being that i check in and post to the forum quite regularly (and quite often via tapatalk and thus do not have the option to opt in or out on email notiifcation) is there a way i can see to it i get no notifications in my email box ? as i write this i see the "and recieve email notifications" is unchecked on this new post but what about if i reply or post a new thread on tapatalk and have no opt out option ? what does it mean if i keep the "watch this thread" checked but keep the "recieve email notifications" unchecked ? I THINK i disabled email notification in the all watched threads page but is there a difference if i use the "stop watching threads" settings on the same page as far as email box activity ? sorry if this is confusing. the main thing is i really don't need email notifications, i check for activity via latest threads on the home page and post mostly via tapatalk.

You can do this in your user preferences. Click on your member name on the navigation bar (it's on the right, left of Inbox). Choose Preferences to turn off the settings to "receive email notifications of replies." That should do it. The next version of the XenForo software (version 1.2) will have some modifications in user settings that will give you even greater control of your forum experience. We expect it to be released some time this summer.

thanks for that, as it was that box was unchecked but i think i accomplished that by the previously mentioned way i.e i went to all watched threads and down at the bottom of the page there was a dialog box that offered to disable email notifications. i'm assuming this achieved the same thing.

Back