• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

veil of veronica found?

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
There has been buzz in the religios comunity that a relic called the viel of veronica has been found in italy. This relic supposedly bears the face of jesus like the shroud of turin the image is difrent than the shroud. This leads me to beleve this is a fake.so like many relics this must be dismissed. But I ask what prossess is used to declare such a relic genuane? And can any one appoch the subject of relgious relics with out faith?

According to tradtion she was the woman who whiped jesus face as he walked the his death.
And if you read archie comics you know veronica is a babe but I like betty better...

Well, gotta say .. both Betty and Veronica are smoking hot!!

archie12.jpg

So, what is it that Archie has going for him?

Archie-Girls.jpg

Okay forum, question ... who is "hotter", Betty or Veronica? Let's have a vote ...

Decker

Damn! There's nothing hotter than a trashy blonde in a Union Jack skirt.....Yowzaa Yowzaa!!!!

THIS is supposed to be the Veil of Veronica?
weeping76.jpg

Looks like the dude from Edvard Munchs "Scream".....
The-Scream-Museum-Of-Modern-Art.jpg

I guess if I were on my way to be crucified I'd look the same way........

Veronica. :)

BTW, Don, what ever happened to UFO Magazine? Seems Birnes hasn't managed to get an issue out since last spring. Are they almost history?

Veronica. :)

BTW, Don, what ever happened to UFO Magazine? Seems Birnes hasn't managed to get an issue out since last spring. Are they almost history?

Gene, either Vicki or I would be the "last" to know. I have no word "officially," but informed speculation would suggest that UFO Magazine under the Birnes is kaput.

Decker

Too bad. Someone ought to take that thing over and repair its offenses. We need a good UFO mag in this country. The MUFON publication is too Rotary Club for me.

By the way, MUFON's site has a way out-of-date listing of UFO pubs, still showing Vicki as Editor. Sigh.

... We need a good UFO mag in this country. The MUFON publication is too Rotary Club for me ...

Gene ... you are so right! The challenge is making it economically viable. On one hand, UFO information should be free, so I post everything I can here and on my website where people can view it for free. I also keep a well stocked UFO library that people can borrow from, again for free. On the other hand, a modestly priced UFO magazine would be a nice addition to the online content. The problem is that without revenue, it's not easy to contribute regular quality content because doing so requires a budget for travel, research, living, production and distribution expenses. I have found it difficult enough just keeping the USI website online and updated ( for nearly 20 years now ). Now and then I might sell one or two books out of the Amazon catalog, but I've yet to receive a dime of advertising revenue. Part of that is also my fault because I'm not focused on getting in-house accounts. I'm more focused on the website technical side and the article content. It's a lot of effort doing everything one's self, and there are very few volunteers. Even with a generous commission on advertising it's hard to attract people who will do the work ... but don't we already know all about that ... sigh.

Bolth betty and veronica have benifeted from modren trends. Both have been moved to the 21st century. And I still like betty :)

There has been buzz in the religios comunity that a relic called the viel of veronica has been found in italy. This relic supposedly bears the face of jesus like the shroud of turin the image is difrent than the shroud. This leads me to beleve this is a fake.so like many relics this must be dismissed. But I ask what prossess is used to declare such a relic genuane? And can any one appoch the subject of relgious relics with out faith?

The answer is easy... how many pilgrims will it attract and how much money will it make?

Back