• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

USAF_F15s_Encounter_a_UFO

Free episodes:

This is very interesting. This is my main interest in UFO`S, the one`s seen by military or civilian pilots. The radar track makes it more interesting. If your familiar with the radio traffic, you will understand that the first pilot is locking the object up in what is commonly referred to as an AACQ radar mode. This stands for automatic acquisition. It has several variations such as bore site mode which focuses the radar in a narrow beam roughly along the boreline of the gun sight. The second type of AACQ sends a slightly wider beam focused on the area that would be directly seen through the HUD or heads up display. This is commonly referred to as hud scan. The next type is vertical scan which sweeps the radar on a vertical axis and is used when you get stuck in lag pursuit and can`t get you nose on the target. All of these modes auto lock the first target in the field of view at 10 miles or less.

Hope we get weather info and other data soon. Gotta get back to work.

Wildcat

Went over to the UFO DATA forums and took a look around. Seems like they are more into attacking each other than investigating. Too bad because they have people who seem to have contacts that could get it sorted out. I hope some of the locals there will call the local weather service and get a detailed weather report including winds aloft data. We all know that this could explain a lot. The conditions may have made it hard to I.D. the object. The wind data could explain the speed of the object. With a bit of internet research I was able to find out that weather balloons sometimes come in different colors. I saw a picture of a dark red one that could easily be confused with black, just add in speed, canopy distortion and weather conditions. I also found that weather ballons require a radar reflector per FAA regulations. I was unable to find out if this was also required in the U.K. The reflector is a safety device to avoid mid air collisions so it probably is. This would easily account for the radar lock. I was also able to find that over 900 balloons are released each day throughout the world each day at the same time.

Locally, they need to call the weather service there and find out if weather ballons were released and the time of day etc. Next, someone with local contacts at the airbase there needs to request the bullseye location for that day. With this info you can overlay the bullseye on a map and get the exact location of the object as it was called out during the radio transmissions. I`m not going to post this over there as it seems more of a place to attack each other. An outsider like myself would probably not be to welcome.

I am going to see if I can research this more myself but it would be much easier for the locals there to knock it out. The Bullseye info might not be obtainable but would be a massive help in the investigation. The military probably won`t disclose the location but it doesn`t hurt to ask.

Seems like this one isn`t to interesting on this forum.

wildcat

Back