• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

twa 800

Free episodes:

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
With a new documentry coming out. I was wondering where ppl stand on the crash of twa 800?
I stand in the grey box. In short I am not sure what to beleve...there are witnesses that say missle.there is radar records that could be read as missle...sooo was twa 800 shot down? And if so why?

my only input would be that if there was a missle involved why the GOV. would stifle that fact. it would be all too easy and arguably even convenient to blame international terrorists...or even domestic terrorists...being that it occurred after the first world trade bombing, my thinking is being that the governments actions are usuallly self serving why would it be more beneficial to go with a mundane electrical fault in lieu of a perceived bogeyman? if anything it would have given them more "credibility " to put in effect any laws to tamp down on any liberties sooner (such as they are now doing.)

My knee jerk reaction to this would be that if there was a missle involved and there was a coverup involved then perhaps the plane was carrying something embarrassing to the government , and someone felt strongly enough about it to commit mass murder to prevent the plane from arriving at it's destination. Or there was a rogue element involved so ANY investigation that involved following a possible missle lead could point to a very inconvenient possibility.

I never really looked at this crash. Did the passenger list include any of those people you see on those lists of scientists tbat died under mysterious circumstances?

I never really looked at this crash. Did the passenger list include any of those people you see on those lists of scientists tbat died under mysterious circumstances?

This is the first thing that popped into my head too. I'm woefully ill-informed on the topic even though I was a youngster living on Long Island at the time.

Who needed to be killed so badly that the collateral damage was negligible?

Tis the season of the whistle blower apparently.

Remember that the NTSB did offer fifteen different safety recommendations, mostly covering fuel tank and wiring issues. This is a VERY comprehensive report by the NTSB about the TWA 800 disaster. It certainly seems to focus on a fuel tank explosion. While it's 1660 pages (and I have no intention of copying it all), you can search the document for its recommendations and why it believes the fuel tank exploded.

Abstract: This report explains the accident involving Trans World Airlines, Inc. flight 800, which experienced an in-flight breakup and then crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996. Safety issues in the report focus on fuel tank flammability, fuel tank ignition sources, design and certification standards, and the maintenance and aging of aircraft systems. Safety recommendations concerning these issues are addressed to the Federal Aviation Administration.
http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/reports/2000/AAR0003.pdf

Also, please keep in mind that those who are making these conspiracy-theory accusations weren't exactly in charge of the investigation, nor were they privy to the most confidential information. While there have been some things that have never quite felt right with me about the "official" explanation, I also have to admit that there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a missile strike, compared to other aircraft that have been shot down by missiles. Unlike the Korean Air Lines 007 disaster, there are no reports of penetration on the outside of TWA 800.

It's possible that these investigators truly believe - and have evidence to support - that the official explanation is incorrect. It's also possible that these people are doing their best to make personal profit from a disaster that has been courted by conspiracy theorists.

In a petition to reconsider the accident sent to the NTSB, the former investigators and family members of the victims claim to have "new and material evidence and analysis that refute the NTSB's original findings."

But not all victims' families are on board with the new probe. Matt Zimkiewicz, who lost his sister on the flight, said in a letter to other victims' families, "It is a big distraction and particularly painful for families."

"Personal self-fulfilling motives by exploiting those who died on TWA800 is nauseating," he said. "It is my personal, as well as my family's position that we have full faith and confidence in the NTSB's final report on TWA800."

Documentary Alleges TWA Flight 800 Cover-Up - ABC News

At the risk of sounding lazy Renaissance Lady was there anything mentioned in the report about what may have triggered the explosion? Boomerang brought up a very good point @ the very least you'd think the FAA would have shut down any of the same models until the cause was identified...I find it troubling they didn't do so. ...Then again I guess a suspected terrorist would result in a total shutdown of all flights.

I think at one point the fact that a Aeroflot pilot saw a streak that it was explained away as a meteor impact and while I'm not convinced that this was the case...it was reported to be ascending not descending...at least it would be a cause that would not justify a shutdown of something unlike most other possibilities, intentional or not.

I just watched this documentary. The conclusion was 3 missiles converged on the plane, not one. Lots of lying going on at those hearings. Great documentary.

If I'm recalling this incident correctly, at the time it happened someone had given this plane the nickname of "The UN Express" ( or something similar ) because it was carrying so many UN diplomats, and not long after, that aspect of the incident stopped being talked about, and now it's hard to find much info on exactly who those people were and what their connection and work was with the UN.

Back