• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Sirius Mystery

Free episodes:

tyder001

Paranormal Adept
Came across this book recently. I think it's around 20 years old or so. I haven't gotten into it yet. Anybody read it or know much about it? I think the author is Robert Temple.

I struggled through it somewhere in the late nineties. It is a challenging but worthwhile read, imo. I recall that it was embraced by the SRI crowd that at the time was very enamored of 'the nine'-channelled material of questionable value to say the least-as well as a hint of involvement by what we know now as DARPA. Where that may have led is anybody's guess. But look at the tie-ins to (don't shoot me) Hoagland's Dark Moon accusations of ritualistic activities hiding in plain sight, so to speak, that governed timings of NASA' Apollo mission launches and lunar landings. The thread of esoteric influences among NASA/NAZI Scientists, including Buzz Aldrin's visible embrace of freemason symbology and ritual deserve a closer look. You may find yourself in a new 'hall of mirrors. Regardless, Temple does a thorough job, requiring his unique and extensive knowledge of Sumerian, Egyptian and Dogon culture, as well as his professional astronomical credentials, to build a case for 'extraterrestial involvement'' in mankind's past. Robert Bauvall was triggered to reexamine the antiquity of Egyptian monuments, which in turn led Robert Skoch's entry into that arena with his examination of the geologic conditions relation to the water weathering observed on the rear end of the Sphinx-suggesting a much older origin for the pyramids, etc. If you are not familiar with th Dogon controversy, it involves the tribe's cultural mythology built around the descent of the 'Nommo'-a water inhabiting ancient diety hailing from Sirius. The gobsmack factor is their knowledge of the orbit of a second star in the Sirius system at a time when science had no knowledge of its binary configuration. It is a significant contribution that has helped spawn some solid and still unresolved questions. Like Sitchin's work, much of his elaborations depend on accepting what is 'literal and material' as opposed to symbolic. That's just off the top of my head, but should at least give you a hint about where it goes. If you do get into it, tyder, I'd be happy to toss it around with you. Be brave, jedi, Richard

Thank you bbridges. I'm putting it onto my stack of to do stuff so I hope to at least start it soon. :) Thanks for the information. Ancient culture is always interesting. I am going through the new testament right now. (No, I'm not becoming a fundi.) As I read it I can't help but wonder. How much of that culture have we lost. How much has religion and politics polluted the original meaning and intentions of the writers? We tend to judge everything from our perspective (How could we not?) But, there is so much that has been covered up by time and circumstance. Anyway, I do hope to get into the book on some level soon.

...The thread of esoteric influences among NASA/NAZI Scientists, including Buzz Aldrin's visible embrace of freemason symbology and ritual deserve a closer look. You may find yourself in a new 'hall of mirrors.
True, sometimes a cigar IS just a cigar. Aldrin IS a freemason but where's the problem with that?? Personally, the only people I've found who connect Sirius with Freemasonry are those who REALLY have only done teriary research, (books about books about reality) and NO primary research.

As I read it I can't help but wonder. How much of that culture have we lost. How much has religion and politics polluted the original meaning and intentions of the writers? ... But, there is so much that has been covered up by time and circumstance. Anyway, I do hope to get into the book on some level soon.

Aldrin IS a freemason but where's the problem with that?? Personally, the only people I've found who connect Sirius with Freemasonry are those who REALLY have only done teriary research, (books about books about reality) and NO primary research.

As a Freemason, I can tell you that a lot of what we call "ritual work" appears to be akin to oral history (somewhat like Native North American folklore/history). One book that does tend to pull some of the above statements together (though Sirius does not appear) is "The Hiram Key" by Lomas and Knight. You can, if you wish, take their conclusions and connections with a pinch of salt, but an interesting read nonetheless.

Agree many cultures keep a close connection to ancient traditions such sun, moon, stars , land, sea as worshiping but in the west we seemed to thrown it out for materialism as the worship instead. My wife was telling me the other day that full moon seems to increase the school kids giddiness and friend of mine who is a police officer down under says the crime rate seems to increase & the crazy gangs come out on full moon. Always found French- Brittany , Welsh & Irish Celtics /Druids and Australian Aboriginal oral history fascinating. Oral history is very important and Freemason is on the increase once again its seems better than some of the youth today rather go out in gangs burning , looting and killing instead.

I read the Hiram Key some years ago and learned a lot about Freemason ritualism and history from it. My post wasn't intended in any way to denigrate
freemasonry. Quite the contrary, I have deep respect for it and still read from a copy of the book I bought at a used book shop in Santa Monica some years ago. My intention was to relate the fact that belief systems-notably Freemasonry are active and very influential within the American government, going back to our founding. Yale's Skull and Bones is based on Scottish rite freemasonry.Of course if you are beyond the nominal third degree, you will already know some of the things I am relating here. Otherwise, it won't be part of your understanding, and that's all I will say about that. In fact, "The Lost Key" , a best selling novei by Dan Brown, examines the symbology of Freemasonry that is everywhere in our buildings in Washington, and are part of the guiding principles upon which our country was founded. In the present day military and intelligence community, Freemasonry is quietly prevalent and influential. In NASA, among engineers and others it is an active influence. Not all groups interpret it and practice in exactly the same way, however. If you look at mission patches- and I suggest you do if you want to verify what I am saying-you will see its influence within our space program. What the significance of that influence is, is open to question and interpretation. But it is there and active and may have more to do with the 'big picture' than you think. I know several aerospace engineers that are 'coin-carrying' Freemasons and consider what they are involved in to be directly related to Freemasonry and the history and destiny of America and its role in the world. Some of 'the Great Work' transcends lifetimes and the times 'in between.' Some are aware of that, but most are not. Staying on the'right track' is not guaranteed. Choices made in any lifetime will affect one's ability to be 'available' to the work. Some get confused and 'go astray'.It makes for a rich tapestry.It is in itself a whole field of study, but definitely the source of some interesting agendas hiding, so to speak, in plain sight throughout our history and actively shaping present and future plans. I am not judging these things, just pointing them out for those who might be unaware of it, and interested in considering its influence on many decisions and events. That's about all I'm going to say on these matters. If it intrigues you, go do the work . If not, then don't.

No 'denigration' taken; I appreciate all that you just said. We do discuss these very things as a group. My spin on it is something a little more tongue-in-cheek. I have a Square & Compass tattoo -- and show it with pride -- and as a little "nod" to other Freemasons who might see it. I think a lot of what you see is other Masons doing much the same thing. Somebody designing a patch for a space suit or a civic building might say to themselves "... I'll slip this bit of Masonic esotery in here and give the guys a bit of a nod..." Gilmore was here! if you follow my drift.

One doesn't have to be beyond the Third Degree (although I am) to notice the significance of the Skull and Bones -- although you may know more about whether that group is directly related to, or is a copycat of, Masonry than I (the latter of which is what I consider the Illuminati to have been). Many of our degrees, in my opinion, are attached to former, historical esoteric groups that may or may not have any true connection to and are little more than wishful thinking-- the Templers being one of them. I appreciate the respect you have for the craft.

One thing I always like to mention, as much as Freemasons played a significant role in the founding of the USA, we often forget that there were as many --if not more--Freemasons on the British side. After all, most of the Lodges were chartered by Scottish, Irish and English Grand Lodges (probably a few French ones in there too -- that I am unaware of). This of course was the missing piece of information in the movie National Treasure "..the Freemasons hid it so that the British wouldn't get it..."

Right, and considering that American lodges of the time would have had correspondence with the English military lodges, makes no simple answer possible.

Back