• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast Wikipedia

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Our search engine expert suggests we come up with a true Wikipedia entry for The Paracast.

This is something that will require the help of members/listeners who have good writing skills, of course, and a helpful sense of originality.

Anyone want to get involved?

Just send us a PM and let's get cracking.

Good luck on it. I tried to make one for a comedy podcast I like and it kept getting deleted. For sources, I could only find one mention of that podcast in a Florida newspaper's website so it was not enough to be considered "newsworthy" and was repeatedly deleted.

Apparently a podcast needs to be mentioned either multiple times in other media or it needs to be referenced once in a well-known media outlet. We even got the article tagged in a way that should have spared it, but Wikipedia has people patrolling pages looking for reasons to delete.

So good luck! The Paracast definitely deserves a page.

I would recommend checking the page, especially after calling out guests on their BS regularly as I am sure some disgruntled researcher and/or theorist will eventually try to disparage the show via a wiki edit.

I would recommend checking the page, especially after calling out guests on their BS regularly as I am sure some disgruntled researcher and/or theorist will eventually try to disparage the show via a wiki edit.

Good point. Didn't cross my mind that the frauds might try to fuck around.

No, not the "secret" Schuyler project. :)

On the other hand, I did install, as a test, a wiki product on our server.

If anyone wants to play with it (not yet for public consumption of course), feel free to write us privately.

Just a quick comment, finally I see that the show has gotten its page on Wiki. It's been a while since I proposed this idea. I'm gonna provide whatever help I can to keep this page info accurate and keep that garbage, which has been reported by people on the forum, away from it.

Just a quick comment, finally I see that the show has gotten its page on Wiki. It's been a while since I proposed this idea. I'm gonna provide whatever help I can to keep this page info accurate and keep that garbage, which has been reported by people on the forum, away from it.

Please. We've seen a few bogus entries in recent weeks. I've corrected them and made a few minor additions, but could use outside volunteer assistance to make sure it stays up to date and is expanded.

There's one thing I'd like to suggest. The Paracast logo can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and pasted into the article, with the appropriate permission.

As for references or sources, there's a shortage of both and there's little that can be provided in this department. However, the Listeners have called it "The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio." as a citation does require a reference. I think it's better to mention it as a show tagline, along with Separating signal from noise.

For the record - I'm about to add some references to the show. I've spoken to Gene about this matter and got his approve.

The Paracast Wikipedia article is nice. But it is in danger of being deleted for not meeting notability criteria.

Would be good to get inbound links from one or more from other relevant Wikipedia articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a bus.

Back