• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Black-Eyed Kids

I was never entirely sure I believed this story but it really freaked me out all the same. Not to mention it's a really entertaining story (depending on who tells it) for all paranormal believers. I was actually surprised to see this thread, most people don't remember or talk about the Black-Eyed Kids anymore.

As I tend to view the BEKs in the "creepy and curious" category, I find the idea of it being a meme that gains traction, as Wade Ridsdale pointed out, a fascinating idea. I didn't realize that accounts go back twenty years. Wade, do you have more info on this? Certainly, the internet has made it possible for people to share their encounters with such creatures; hence, other people who have had encounters, but would otherwise not share them, do. However, these stories are relatively rare, in my opinion, compared to ghost encounters, EVPs or various other paranormal phenomena. I also find it interesting that these kids creep people out beyond all reasonable proportion, and that they tend to follow a "script". They travel in two's, one does most (or all) of the talking, which is generally limited to asking permission to "come in" for whatever reason, and the entreaties get more insistent and aggressive as they don't get what they want. Then they vanish. They also tend to happen late in the evening, or in places it is unrealistic for ordinary children to be at that hour - unless their parents are completely irresponsible.
I've always wondered and I admit my exposure to BEK stories is somewhat limited; what does happen if someone lets them in? Do we know?

The script for BEK's like the script for slenderman is availanle online for all to read and rewrite at their leisure.

Edit: oh look Wade just posted the script.

Thanks, Wade. I just reread this account. I was vaguely familiar with it, but I didn't realized it occurred in 1998. Creepy little beasts, aren't they? No idea what or who they are (at least some are probably over-indulged brats with creepy contacts), but the rest? Grey/human hybrids? Talpahs? Who knows; entertaining spooky stories, though.

This.

guest post.

These people are not folks wearing contacts, having naturally black irises, or suffering from an ocular illness. I know, my mother was one. She had naturally hazel eyes, never wore contacts, and died at 89 in 2008. She died from Alzheimer's after suffering in the symptomatic stages for 12 years. She would want to perswade you to her way of thinking or become angry with you and her eyes would become dead flat black. No reflections what so ever. Not including the 'whites', just the colored and pupil portion. When you looked at them, YOU KNEW YOU WERE LOOKING STRAIGHT AT EVIL. Around the eye area there were ripples, like heat waves off concrete. The Hindu have an extensive Mythology about the creation of this thing: The Black Bee. When my husband saw it and studied it as she was dying, he concluded it was some type of nanite parasite. I know, from her behavior during the final 10 years, that it is mechanical. It began to break down and repeat the same thing over and over.
—Guest lee

X-files Black oil AKA Purity:
alex_krycek_infected_with_black_oil.jpg

Stevie_possessed_by_black_oil.jpg

latest

More about Black Oil: Purity - X-Files Wiki - David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson

What's really funny is I just watched a documentary (On UK TV otherwise I would share)((second thoughts I will look for a youtube version)) anyway an English guy named "Miles Johnston" was explaining a new theory about black goo brought back by the army from the Falklands and I thought I have seen or heard this or something similar..... after reading manxies post I remembered an x-files episode were it looked like black goo was in there eyes. Just for the record the first episode to feature "Black oil/goo/Purity" was in 1996
Piper Maru (episode) - X-Files Wiki - David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson

The documentary was called: "The Great UFO Conspiracy" channel 4 UK (I cant find a youtube sorry)

Back