• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stunning TV Interview w/Strieber

valiens

Skilled Investigator
If for no other reason, stunning because the interviewer is Dave Navarro. But really, the Roswell story is intriguing.

http://www.maniatv.com/shows/spread-entertainment/videos/ep-28-013108

great find, i like to be able to see the faces of the ppl telling the story, and i have a few of his books.
very early in this clip he mentions felling "beat up" and a "spider bite"
i cant remember him mentioning this aspect in the books, does anyone else remember that aspect being described in any of his books

this is very important to me as i recently went to the doctors, who looked at me and made that exact diagnosis that i looked like id been beaten up

i had woken up sore, and with injuries to my head face eye and inside my mouth, the doctor prescribed antibiotics. i remember later deciding the "explaination" was a "spider bite" we had just had a full page advert in local paper warning white tailed spiders were active in large numbers this year .

I don't remember him mentioning feeling beat up but in the movie, "Communion," at least, I think they mention the spider bite possibility. Don't remember if it's in the book.

I really enjoyed Majestic from Whitley Strieber....The Roswell spin was awesome; & the last 2 chapters of that book are intense :).
A work of art if you ask me.

& I have nearly everything 'ET' related that Strieber has produced in book format.

Goody.

I'm still aching to get my hands on "Evenings With Demons," a book of short horror stories Whit wrote during the "I think this could be evil aliens or I'm going nuts" phase. I though he was going to re-release it but so far I've not heard peep.

“Evenings With Demons is the outcome of thirty years of struggle with personal demons and for the superstitious among you, I do not mean that literally! I am speaking of symbolic demons, not actual ones, if such things even exist. The book explores the hidden side of my close encounter experience and contains numerous previously unpublished stories that reflect my deep unconscious struggle to cope with it.”–Whitley Strieber

That sounds bloody :)D) interesting, cheers Jeremy i'll keep my eyes open for anything that pops up.

i have to admit i found comunion riveting, and majestic as well because of the sheer "facts" he writes about.

IF, and i say If the facts of his "story" are true.................

but ive only read some of his books this clip was my first look at him in person, and i have to say i have moved his testimony to the "B" list of maybes.
there was something about his smile that in my experience comes from a certain mindset, the obviuous being that of the liar doing a poor job of keeping a "straight face". but ive also seen that same smile on the faces of those who think they have some secret "knowledge", that they are privey to something that makes them special sets them not just apart, but above their fellow men.

it could be that hes had a real experience and has gone potty
or it could be hes a hoaxer who dug himself too deep

it could well be that the "story" is a larger one. at the start we see comunion which is compelling to belivers and non belivers ie, number one nyt best seller, we start of convinced hes telling the truth and ufo's are real, but by the end of the story its gotton so flakey that we are convinced hes off his rocker, he says the aliens are not visiting him anymore and hes retired to his hobbie of walking round corners into different time zones

im not sure about him anymore, but if nothing else its interesting reading his books

Not sure what to make of Striber. He was a moderately successful writer, I don't see how making up stories about ufos would help his career.

Back