• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stanton Friedman Returns to The Paracast

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
If there was ever a person who could be declared the "dean" of UFO researchers, it might very well be Stanton T. Friedman, a long-time UFO investigator and a nuclear physicist.

Friedman is one of the key researchers into the Roswell crash and other events over the years, and has posited a strong case that the phenomenon is the result of extraterrestrials visiting Earth.

His recent books include "Flying Saucers and Science" (2008) and "Science Was Wrong," (2010) co-authored with Kathleen Marden. You can find his blog at: Stanton Friedman - Physicist, Lecturer, UFO Researcher

Stan is currently taking it easy after receiving two stents after suffering a mild heart attack. He celebrates his birthday on July 29th, and we wish him good health, and a long life.

1) Firstly and most importantly it's great to hear about your better health and i wish that you continue to live long and prosper. But i ask in all sincerity, as one of the most noted ufologists of the last 40 years, how is it that the majority of all other noted ufologists believe that the MJ12 documents are a hoax? What is it that you know that they don't?

2) In your career as a ufologist what case, or cases, have challenged or evolved your thinking the most about what you believed to be the nature of the UFO phenomenon?

3) After your decades of experience in the field, what do you feel are the critical next steps Ufology has to take in order to move human understanding of the UFO phenomenon to deeper levels?

Q. Have you ever had to carry out a 180 in your thinking on anything in the UFO field?

Q. I cannot remember hearing you ever talk about any high-strange aspects to cases, or at least use the term 'high-strange'. Do you ever consider such reports alongside sightings etc and if not, why not?

1. How do you know that the hypnosis of Betty and Barney Hill doesn't represent a deception designed to make them think these were aliens from Zeta Reticuli? How do we know it wasn't a "Wizard of Oz" scenario where there is something else going on behind the curtain?

2. How do you explain the airship mysteries of 1896? If they're flying saucers with advanced technology, why were people reporting mysterious airships with propellers, strange inventors that would come forth and disappear and a technology that seemed 20-30 years ahead, but not thousands?

3. Why do you think there are far fewer entity sightings in the last few years?

4. What is your favorite case of the last 10 years?
Thank you, Technomage-T

First off, I am really glad to hear you are doing better, and wish you good health!

Q: Something I don't think I've ever heard you discuss; When and why did you become interested in the UFO/UAP phenomena?

Q: What are your views on the possibility of a "break-away" civilization, meaning humans with advanced technology living off-Earth such as the one Gary McKinnon supposedly found in hacking the Pentagon computers?

Q: Are you planning any more books?

Sorry to Stanton and all forum members to detract here, but what, if anything, is up with Gary McKinnon ? Haven't heard anything for a while....

You're pretty much on the road 11 months of the year with your lectures. Can u recommend a decent hotel :) and do u have an iPad . I'd be bored out of my mind traveling that much.

Just in case He forgets:
watch for min 1
did Stanton meet stan rominek?
what is his thoughts on SR?
finally as a follow up on my thirdphase question
are you prepared to state to all that thirirdphaseofmoon is nothing more and nothing less than entertainment that profits from creating hoax footage showing CGI models and rubber aliens?

The brothers grim polluting the pond skimming money off viewers by putting ads on all their videos...absolutely only in it for the glory and cash....sounds like a famous ex country doctor we all know

Glad you're recovering Stan! Who are the UFO researchers you admire most? Has the data you've collected pointed toward the ETH exclusively or do you also entertain the inter dimensional theories touted by many researchers today?

I hope Gene and Chris follow-up with some questions raised by the Podcast Howard Hughes just did with Dr. Friedman a couple of days ago. I think he's already heard of "The Rosetta Deception" based on the tone of some of Dr. Friedman's answers to some questions.

Now... as for questions...

Dr. Friedman - I've noticed a growing sense of anger and venom coming from Paranormal Deniers and Debunkers, to the point where they resort to insults and threats of violence - is this a new phenomenon or am I just noticing it for the first time?

How do you account for their venom and anger towards those of us who are merely answers and entertaining theories?

And how do you so successfully disarm them?

Can you talk a little about the kinds of audiences you lecture to? E.g., are they mostly believers, deniers or neutral? What kinds of questions do they ask? What kinds of questions do you wish they would ask?

What do young people today say about UFOs? What should they know about UFOs going forward?

Question: Is there a UFO case that you have never discussed publicly? If so, could you break here on The Paracast?

Hello Gene, Chris and Stan,
Hope your feeling better .
Q.1 Is it plausible the UFO/Unkown /Flying Saucers has a human made aspect to it? For example Technology or Mental ?
Q.2 What your thoughts on the Ghost Rocket theories being debated ?
Q3. Do you think the Government & private Corprations have know about so called ET/Demensional Encounters prior to WW2?

To Stanton Friedman, I am sure everyone on these forums are very happy you are making a good recovery since your heart attack. Your energy & drive over the years is a wonderful example of someone, passionate about the subject.
My questions to Mr Friedman are as follows;

1. What has Ufology (organisations like NICAP/MUFON) learned about the phenomena in the 20th century and not about the evidence for a cover up by our own military & intelligence agencies?
2. I am interested in your opinion on Ufology in general. It has been said by some commentators that much of the ufology field spend time arguing on the validity of cases or witnesses, with some researchers in one camp, others in opposing camps. Does this happen in your own experience and what are your thoughts in general?
3. I have heard you mention on occasion your thoughts on why the exploration of our solar system stagnated, that NASA lacked a leader like Hyman Rickover. Given orthodox science wont take responsibility to investigate this phenomena, what does Ufology need to progress the investigation of UFOs? In an ideal world, would there need to be joined up thinking, globally in order to solve this mystery?

Hi Dr Friedman.

As somewhat of a skeptic but with stories from people I trust which are unexplainable, what would you say to someone like myself who is looking to find some proof? Where should I research? Do you believe that UFO/Paranormal hotspots actually exist? Or is this just one story getting extrappolated through the population simply based on the excitement of it all?

Thank you for your time.

Back