• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 27, 2015 — Nick Redfern with Curtis Collins

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The ever-amazingly prolific Nick Redfern has no less than four new books out right now. During this segment, co-hosted by Curtis Collins, we managed to cover ancient astronauts, wether some people with Rh negative blood types might be descended from aliens, and even the Men In Black.

We also cover the ramifications of these discussions in this week's episode of After The Paracast, which is available to subscribers of The Paracast+.

Please check here for more details about our premium package:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

My favorite parts of the show was Nick talking about things behind the books:
Him candidly describing how his outlook towards the origins of UFOs had changed over the years.
His description of his 8 to 5 writing discipline.
Nick's emphasis on having a balanced life, with interests and activities outside of the paranormal.

Last edited:
I'm only a 1/4 way thru but I'm really enjoying the show so far. It's been a while since these topics have been covered and I find them fascinating.

Great job Curt - anyone would think you've been doing this for years! (It's a given Gene does a great job, he's a consummate radio professional.)

No doubt a classic show this.

Last edited:
As usual I'll probably listen here and there over next couple of days but being that I simply can't post anything without mentioning coincidences let it be known that just as Gene mentioned Preston Dennett's name on the show I was just finishing up his "Supernatural California" book.

Trivial point, but why is Nick never crystal clear? Do we need to chip in and buy him a new phone or Skype access? In every interview by numerous hosts outside The Paracast, he has this muffled sound to his voice.

As usual I'll probably listen here and there over next couple of days but being that I simply can't post anything without mentioning coincidences let it be known that just as Gene mentioned Preston Dennett's name on the show I was just finishing up his "Supernatural California" book.
I believe Art Bell interviewed Preston Dennett recently. He has expanded beyond the UFO field. Now he claims to be an expert Out-Of-Body traveler. When I listened to the interview, I recognized material he seemed to be taking directly out of Robert Monroe books. I believe that Preston wrote a book years ago about UFO alien healings. I think Preston thinks aliens are wonderful guys.

Last edited:
Trivial point, but why is Nick never crystal clear? Do we need to chip in and buy him a new phone or Skype access? In every interview by numerous hosts outside The Paracast, he has this muffled sound to his voice.
Trivial response: Nick has had problems getting Skype to work on his PC notebook. He's tried to get it work without success. Short of making him buy a new computer, or having someone go to his home to try to work this out, he'll have to use his telephone. Actually, I felt connection quality was quite good and better than some connections we've made with guests. But I wish every guest had Skype and a high-caliber mic, but that's the impossible dream.

Just to echo others,The Paracast has become required listening for me.It cuts through the bull and all presenters both permanent and guest deliver level headed pertinent questions,leaving any gullibility at the door.
Thanks one and all.

As always - Nick is a great guest. knowledgeable and expert in his field. My ears pricked up when you discussed Bigfoot. There was an interesting program on the telly last night: I hope the link works - it was screened by C4 in England (The two million yr old boy). http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-two-million-year-old-boy/on-demand/61898-001

The discovery raises hugely significant questions about our past but watching the recreations of the find and the discussions regarding the variations of species I could not help but think of the patterson-gimlin film...

I thoroughly recommend you watch the program and consider the patterson-gimlin film, implications for 401 etc etc...

A friend of mine had an encounter with the MIB. This friend lives in a rural location across from an abandoned general store. One day he looked out the window and saw a large black sedan parked there. He could see two men seated wearing black suit coats, white shirts, black ties and sunglasses.

He wanted to go over and asked what they were doing there but he said he was too scared. Eventually they did leave. My friend is someone who is interested in ufos and the paranormal, for what it's worth.

On the suggestion from Nick that RH negative people were more likely to have supernatural experiences:

Wouldn't it be interesting if MUFON collected the information on people's Rhesus status when they reported a UFO sighting? Certainly they could, at the least, help facilitate the collection of this information for a statistician or similar who wanted to produce an interesting set of results.

Or if MUFON weren't interested how about asking people who are donating blood, I'm assuming their RH status would be checked as part of that, to fill out a small questionnaire asking them about their experience of the paranormal.

N.B. I've been mulling over Greg Bishop's suggestion that people looking at the UFO phenomenon should think about doing new things/thinking about the subject in a new way. I'm far too lazy to do anything like the above but happy to put it out there for others to criticise or action or ignore.

The problem with MUFON is that the information they collect is never shared with anyone. The data seems to go into a black hole and never resurfaces.

Back