• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Say WHAT??? - What Whitley & Anne Strieber have to say about Budd Hopkins

Hi Paracast User Jimi H,

only Anne Strieber has made that claim to my knowledge...
Well, if it's only her, and not her on behalf of a group of people, as was my initial impression for some reason, I will retract my initial rude remarks.

The thing is, from my personal perspective, it wouldn't be the first time a hypnotist had exploited his ability for sex, for instance I remember a noted case in Denmark where a famous guy got busted for that. Actually, I witnessed one of his shows before he got busted and I can attest to the reality of hypnotism. He couldn't 'get' me, but I had friend whom he put out and started manipulating in front of everyone else.

People laughed, but there was just something nasty about the whole deal, most of all it was clear the guy had a problematic relation to control, his whole body reeked of control and self-control. I'm always sceptical of people so obsessed with control, and reeking of it is not unusual for the profession. What is it they need to control so bad, that's what I'm worried about?

Anyways, that's a somewhat subjective experience which likely influenced my intuitive reaction considering the topic and the sexual connotations in many abd. stories. But guilt by professional association doesn't work here.

And if it's only Strieber, and if she's only representing herself, then that's not something I'll take serious, no.

Back