• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ROBBERT VAN DEN BROEKE: What's up with this?

Sigh...

The whole reason that this show exists is because of the fact that weird phenomena do indeed seem to exist, and there are some people who seem to facilitate this reality - like Arigo.

Robbert? I have yet to see a single shred of evidence that has not been soundly debunked, and sorry, I'm not capable of giving Nancy T. a pass on this situation. She's supposedly been looking into his case for over a decade, unless I see a video of someone shooting a video of Robbert actually making something happen, I don't give him a moment more of my own consideration. Nancy has had ample opportunity to deploy the appropriate equipment and procedures to gather convincing evidence, yet it hasn't happened. The images are ridiculous. Chris, you might be tempted to call this a "trickster" event, but for my money, the only trick involved is getting people to hand Robbert cash money for "healings" and other such horseshit.

dB

Sigh...
Chris, you might be tempted to call this a "trickster" event, but for my money, the only trick involved is getting people to hand Robbert cash money for "healings" and other such horseshit.

dB

Heh-heh, good one David. There are human tricksters and greed (as we all know) is a major motivator for the mundane variety...

Bottomline? The ball is Nancy's court, no doubt. She keeps saying the best is yet to be released but where have we heard this song & dance before. *yawn*

BTW: What do you think of Adzom Rimpoche? He's been to Crestone—I've heard through the grapevine he wants to open some kind of center (or a shrine or something?) there. Amazing reputation for his anomalous abilities.

I am not a photo analysis expert, I'm new to the paranormal community, therefore, I don't have much to say in regards to Nancy Talbot's credibility, but after looking at the page of Robbert's pictures on the BLT website, I found the answer to whether I believe this story or not.

On page 4, the BLT (or whoever wrote those pages....) outright compared the Robbert Van Den Broeke pictures to the Billy Meier photographs, which sealed the deal to me. I don't loose any sleep at night by saying that Nancy has been wooed by this guy whose story sounds eerily similar to Meier, which to me means this is not anything to waste anymore time on.

For lack of a better description I used the term "walking portal."

I agree that some people appear to attract unexplained phenomena. However, if you lack an appropriate term to describe them, it's probably wise not to chose one that sounds silly. "Walking portal?" Really, you think that this is a sensible term? We do not know if any kind of portal or so called window is involved. Special destiny person? These are absolutely meaningless terms. What was Houdini's special destiny, anyway? To die while doing something so idiotic as burying oneself alive? He is the hunger artist, like David Blaine. That's all.

You cite Uri Geller as an example of a "special destiny" person, even though he's clearly a performer, nothing more. Randi has demonstrated, unequivocally I think, that Geller is completely full of shit. Below is a clip that demonstrates Geller's abilities. I don't know anything about the other people you cite. Honestly, I'm not interested and would almost certainly find that they're all frauds, too. They're called tricks. It's an illusion. You're confusing fantasy with reality.

James Randi debunking on Tonight Show

I just realized, Mr. O'Brien, that you listed Angel as a "special destiny" person. If you are referring to Chris Angel, you should seriously consider re-evaluating your perceptions.

I just realized, Mr. O'Brien, that you listed Angel as a "special destiny" person. If you are referring to Chris Angel, you should seriously consider re-evaluating your perceptions.

Well he will not answer you' "special destiny people" to do not talk to people like you.

Re-read my post, I said there are people that appear to have unnatural abilities, Criss Angel, Uri Geller, DD Home et al, were used as off the top of my head examples. I ain't the issue here, I go out into the field and investigate claims of the unusual. Go out and do your own field work and then report back to us what you find.

Chris Angel has repeatedly stated that he's an illusionist, nothing more.

Uri Geller has been involved with enough questionable stuff as to seriously taint him, though there is a remote possibility that early on, there might have been something going on with him, as unlikely as it seems. I've no doubt that Chris might chalk that up to the trickster chicken shadowing Geller.

dB

Getting back to Nancy Talbot and her judgment, I'm not too surprised at her being blind to the obvious when it comes to Robbert. Surprised and disappointed, but not too surprised. I've known a number of people who were very sensible and well grounded who seemed to lose all their marbles when it came to one individual or some certain subject. It's weird, and hard to watch, and frustrating as hell when it's your boss and the thing in question is an obvious fool who is being carried by the rest of the crew. I've seen exactly that scenario more than once, and of course there are other solid paranormal investigators who also happen buy into some of the silliest crap imaginable.

Even Jim "Saucer Smear" Mosely seems to base his opinion of some researchers' work as much on whether he likes them personally or not as anything else, it seems to me. I don't mean to single him out, but he's a handy example since he was recently on the show and he seems to be in the minority about the other person on the show. (We have been working that topic over in fine form in another thread, so I don't want to get off topic here.) I think it's a natural tendency, but sometimes it looks really... puzzling. It can also be very bad for business.

Getting back to Nancy Talbot and her judgment, I'm not too surprised at her being blind to the obvious when it comes to Robbert. Surprised and disappointed, but not too surprised. I've known a number of people who were very sensible and well grounded who seemed to lose all their marbles when it came to one individual or some certain subject. It's weird, and hard to watch, and frustrating as hell when it's your boss and the thing in question is an obvious fool who is being carried by the rest of the crew. I've seen exactly that scenario more than once, and of course there are other solid paranormal investigators who also happen buy into some of the silliest crap imaginable.

Emotional involvement with one's subject and the inability to separate from that emotional involvement will jeopardize a the research and the researcher's objectivity very quickly, IMO.

Re-read my post, I said there are people that appear to have unnatural abilities, Criss Angel, Uri Geller, DD Home et al, were used as off the top of my head examples. I ain't the issue here, I go out into the field and investigate claims of the unusual. Go out and do your own field work and then report back to us what you find.

OK. I re-read it. You are suggesting Criss Angel is a 'special destiny person.' That is absolutely ridiculous, off the top of your head or not. You may as well put Jay Leno and Madonna on your list, too. And you certainly forgot David Copperfield! This is NOT about who goes out into the field and does research. It is about ideas you bring forth and whether or not they are credible.

OK. I re-read it. You are suggesting Criss Angel is a 'special destiny person.' That is absolutely ridiculous, off the top of your head or not. You may as well put Jay Leno and Madonna on your list, too. And you certainly forgot David Copperfield! This is NOT about who goes out into the field and does research. It is about ideas you bring forth and whether or not they are credible.

Oops, my bad. Shows me that I have to be much more careful how I word my thoughts around here. I humbly beg everyone's esteemed forgiveness and will now get down and give you all 20. Humph humph humph etc
Happy now? One badly worded post and my life's work is now in the trash! Such a tragedy! How will I ever live with myself?

Oops, my bad. Shows me that I have to be much more careful how I word my thoughts around here. I humbly beg everyone's esteemed forgiveness and will now get down and give you all 20. Humph humph humph etc
Happy now? One badly worded post and my life's work is now in the trash! Such a tragedy! How will I ever live with myself?

Who knows? But I certainly agree with your conclusion.

Back