• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Return of the Mysterious Universe Podcast

Free episodes:

...premium members that paid for the extra stuff that was offered....

I don't get why they all were so full of complaints, everyone who asked for a refund got one, and I think some could have wound up with a basically "free" subscription in the last few months, and did.

All anyone ever had to do was request a refund and it was given.
The last two, I was refunded payment without asking.

And for a 'make up' trade instead of a refund for the months before, I requested and was given the back catalogue for the premium episodes and mind shots uploaded before I became a paid member.

A couple of folks who could not be bothered to read the refund policy and ask for money back caused huge issues on the boards and generally made life miserable for the majority of us, and probably Ben, more than any other.

In business, no judge is going to feel sorry for you if you ignore the refund policy and go straight to litigation.

that is my take on it, and I do apologise for going off on a rant over it.

MU is back, and I hope all goes smoothly in this incarnation. :)

I'm pretty sure that I have most of the previous episodes including the premium content on a hard drive somewhere but I bought the DVDs anyway. :eek:

I am thinking very much about it, all eps below 50 something have disappeared from my computer, and he added 1 to 7 which he was reluctant to do because of sound quality.

If I cave, it will be tomorrow. If I make it past that much time, I won't later... sez she to herself, hopefully:redface:

MU was the reason I got into the paranormal. I was a premium subscriber and like many of you was dumbfounded by the complaints. I got reimbursed the last month without even asking, and the other month that I did ask my money was given back within the week.

It is such a professional sounding show, I just listened to the brand new episode and i was almost moved to tears. its like an old friend has moved back into the neighborhood. Let us remember that his show was constantly in the top 25 on podcast ally and other podcast "best of" lists.

So what if he just reads news stories, Ben has a voice for radio and finds great, fun, interesting stories to share with all of us. He never claimed it to be an interview show, but when their was the occasional interview he asked insightful and compelling questions to the interviewee.

It seems that good interviews are becoming harder to find these days for Gene and Dave... hint hint... Bring on Ben Grundy!!!!

So what's it going to be?!? ;)

I am reminding myself I am booked for Paris and Corsica in October... and every penny helps - just came back from feeding 6 hungry grands and one daughter-in-law....

broke now, decision made for me :(

enjoy yours, let me know if 1-7 are good, okay?

...It seems that good interviews are becoming harder to find these days for Gene and Dave... hint hint... Bring on Ben Grundy!!!!

I think one of the episodes I lost has a Paracast connection. Either that or my memory is playing tricks on me cause I wanted a conversation between those 3 for ages... :cool:

I am reminding myself I am booked for Paris and Corsica in October... and every penny helps - just came back from feeding 6 hungry grands and one daughter-in-law....

broke now, decision made for me :(

enjoy yours, let me know if 1-7 are good, okay?

Will do! I hope they don't take too long getting here. I wonder if the enhanced podcasts will still retain the functionality or if they will be strictly audio...

Will do! I hope they don't take too long getting here. I wonder if the enhanced podcasts will still retain the functionality or if they will be strictly audio...

My guess is it will be strictly audio, but on that note, the advanced podcasts were an awsome touch. I wish more podcasts would do it, but imagine that it takes a bit of extra work.

My guess is it will be strictly audio, but on that note, the advanced podcasts were an awsome touch. I wish more podcasts would do it, but imagine that it takes a bit of extra work.

That's kind of what I was thinking too... but who knows. Either way I'll be happy, no doubt.

It appears that the first episode was a hit with more than just me. It's the number 3 podcast in the science category in iTunes. Way to go Ben and co.

Ben was mentioning petitioning iTunes for a different category, 'assuming' the Science types would be glad to be rid of his show from their category.
I have tried really hard to think of something to call a new category, but all the stuff sounds 'woo-woo'...
on the 'choo-choo'
found some 'eww-glue'
on the 'shoe-shoe'

oh man, I gotta get out more often :(

Mysterious Universe has a special place in my heart. That said, I can't listen to it with the same ears I had before. MU re-ignited my interst in the paranormal and led me to the Paracast. The Paracast blows MU out of the water in terms of solid content, and that is due to hard work and tough questions asked by Gene and Dave (tirelessly I might ad).

MU is entertainment, and is polished/pretty. However, if you are really looking to go into the rabbit hole then the Paracast will strip away all of the noise and the signal is even stranger than fiction.

Those are my 2 cents. Thanks.

There is no denying the two shows are completely different. I can appreciate them both, but perhaps that is because I do not expect either of them to be the other, or what they are not.

I really got into the Buffy tv series, but I also enjoy National Geographic specials. I love to read a good romance, but also love to read good quality historical biographies by such authors as Nigel Tranter or Jean Plaidy.

Each of the two podcasts gives me a thrill when a new episode downloads to my iTunes. I can be a pragmatic dreamer, can't I? ;)

You go into a rock show the same way you go into opera. It's two completly different things. Ones news based, the other is interview. I actually like version 2 more because Ben is far more vocal about some of the bull shit stories out there. Try to shed the paracast when listening to MU, just as you should she MU when listening to the Paracast.

Personally I'm just elated that I have another top notch podcast to listen to again. These two shows while bring completly different are most certainly at the top of the paranormal genre of podcasts. We are all very lucky to have Ben and co back in the rotation.

I noticed he is calling out some of the more outré pieces and I wonder if he has been spending time listening to Gene and David? ;)

Like you, I find it a nice addition to the previous format.

Mysterious Universe is what really piqued my interest in the Paranormal. I like to think MU made me question reality, but the Paracast made me question my questions. Both were helpful in their own way.

This was very apparent listening to the 2nd season opener of the MU podcast. I heard them talk about Greer and his credentials and I just cringed. He had all sorts of unverified claims and they were so soft on him. I'm used to an old-fashioned verbal beatdown.

I still expect to listen to MU because its like listening to a good buddy kick around ideas. However, when I want serious discussion it's got to be the Paracast. I really notice how my views on these topics have changed.

i listen to both and love the paracast and MU.

they are in fact both really different, MU brings everyday stuff into my mind that i might not other wise think on or even touch. the paracast makes me go deeper into those things at times...i dont know.

i love Ben and i was a premium member and never asked or a refund cause i was happy with what i got. thought he got into to much there and needed a break, hell i was even featured on the show as a call in. it was the late 50s or early 60s shows, i was the guy that went into the graveyard of a local urban legend and took pictures and stuff...it was really cool to hear myself on there.

thats my 2 cents.

Gabe

i listen to both and love the paracast and MU.

they are in fact both really different, MU brings everyday stuff into my mind that i might not other wise think on or even touch. the paracast makes me go deeper into those things at times...i dont know.

i love Ben and i was a premium member and never asked or a refund cause i was happy with what i got. thought he got into to much there and needed a break, hell i was even featured on the show as a call in. it was the late 50s or early 60s shows, i was the guy that went into the graveyard of a local urban legend and took pictures and stuff...it was really cool to hear myself on there.

thats my 2 cents.

Gabe

I remember that episode!!! So your like a celebrity or something huh? Do you have a sex tape out yet?

Back