• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Regarding abduction stories.

Really?
Do you know how to make it manifest? because my "natural" DMT I am willing to try ...
I think you mentioned that you have OBE and Lucid dreaming too, so you are producing good DMT release naturally during sleep. I know it's possible to learn and teach your mind to increase Lucid dreaming and your dream memories too by recording your experiences when waking immediately. There is some research published on how to increase this kind of dreaming too.

Is there research published on ingesting some type of foods or herbs that stimulate dreaming during sleep?

Also, I'm guessing certain types of meditation can induce DMT release, and you might be able to train your brain to do this with specific meditation techniques. Maybe there are ways to ingest low levels of "legal sources" of natural DMT? Maybe there are legal substances that can stimulate the release of more DMT that you already have in your brain too?

I think you mentioned that you have OBE and Lucid dreaming too, so you are producing good DMT release naturally during sleep. I know it's possible to learn and teach your mind to increase Lucid dreaming and your dream memories too by recording your experiences when waking immediately. There is some research published on how to increase this kind of dreaming too.

Is there research published on ingesting some type of foods or herbs that stimulate dreaming during sleep?

Also, I'm guessing certain types of meditation can induce DMT release, and you might be able to train your brain to do this with specific meditation techniques. Maybe there are ways to ingest low levels of "legal sources" of natural DMT? Maybe there are legal substances that can stimulate the release of more DMT that you already have in your brain too?

Nootropics enhance dreaming, especially lucid dreaming. If you're interested, do the research. As far as DMT goes though, no, not that I'm aware of. The problem with it is that since it occurs naturally, the only way to "get a trip" is to overload the system essentially with it, and even then the body adjusts and gets rid of the excess incredibly fast.

But honestly, I don't want to derail this thread into how, where and why you should take DMT. My original post is what I'm curious about.

I knew that all this paranormal stuff that happens to me had to have a scientific explanation! maybe I am a DMT producer.
I will try meditation and maybe a little bit of Ayahuasca.

Karla Turner is an interesting pivot point in the history of AP as her beliefs are strong and of a distinctly personal nature. While I do not agree with her conclusions, or her willingness to take stories as facts and draw conclusions from there, she remains a very interesting researcher nonetheless. I do not believe that at any point she was involved in AP for the sake of being in the circus. If you ever listen to any of her lectures you know immediately that her conviction is authentic and that her ideas about the various nefarious possibilities of what is taking place regarding AP are unique to say the least.

Here's a link to pdf's of her books: Dr. Karla Turner Books - JeffPolachek.com

What's interesting about people who are having Abduction memories is that, unlike DMT where each trip is unique, the abductee claims a very set pattern of experiences, with little variation in the details. It is the accumulation of these repeating memories that often draws them out to seek help.

Whenever you have patterning of memory there is a suggestion that the patterns coud be dreams, which can have repetitive features i.e. sleep paralysis, or that there is a traumatic external event that might itself be repeating, or is simply something so intense that the brain creates its own screen memory in order to deal with what took place. This is seen in the literature where sexual assault and sexual abuse victims have masked one impossible event with another - aliens. I suppose it's easier to blame aliens for being violated as opposed to a family member.

Separating a spontaneous DMT event from cases where people are reporting serial events would be a critical distinction to make in exploring these possibilities.

Sorry to derail it, but I also linked abductions with self induced fantasies. What made me stop it was the similarities, such as the spaceship/base layout, the routine they follow, etc. But of course it could all be picked up in books, TV, Internet. Therefore any alternative is valid.
The Brazilian doctor Monica de Medeiros is an abductee and contactee. She says things that I feel could be true, but sometimes I thinks she is out there, viajando na maionese, as we say in Portuguese. I give her the benefit of the doubt, but still... there is so much regurgitation from past ufologists in her lectures that I cringe.
My next path of investigation will be in the TCI with Sonia Rinaldi (.:: IPATI | Instituto de Pesquisas Avançadas em Transcomunicação Instrumental ::. As soon there is a workshop in SaoPaulo I will attend. She tries to be as scientific as possible. And if I can get ets or spirits to talk through my computer I may open my mind to the spiritual/et world.
Not derailing, just giving you alternatives to natural DMT induced abductions.

Re: Strassman and his research connecting DMT and alien abduction phenomenon. What's fascinating about his work is that claimants who were part of a DMT test study still felt that their encounters with aliens were entirely real even though they knew they were taking DMT.

"There is a large literature on people who have reported having been abducted by aliens. Because of the adamant claims by many or most of the abductees that their experiences of being abducted were “real”, there are many people who believe that such incidents actually occur, though the lack of physical evidence for these events has led most to dismiss them as deception or due to various psychopathologies.

Strassman found many of his DMT subjects reporting similar episodes – in which they found themselves in the presence of aliens. The alien beings were usually described physically as looking like insects, reptiles, clown-like figures, or various kinds of “humanoids”. The encounters ranged in emotional content from benign or even loving, to malevolent. The worst episode of Strassman’s accounts was filled with terror, as the subject described being raped by crocodile-like figures. Regardless of the specific emotional content of the encounters, most of the alien beings were described as highly interested in the subjects – making intense efforts to understand them emotionally and physically.

Strassman refers to naturally occurring episodes of “alien abductions”, described by the psychiatrist John Mack, one of the foremost researchers of this phenomenon, and then remarks on the striking similarities between Mack’s descriptions and his own DMT subjects:

The resemblance of Mack's account of the alien abductions of "experiencers" to the contacts described by our own volunteers is undeniable. How can anyone doubt, after reading our accounts in these last two chapters, that DMT elicits "typical" alien encounters? If presented with a record of several of our research subjects' accounts, with all references to DMT removed, could anyone distinguish our reports from those of a group of abductees? Shocking and unsettling as they were, contact with life-forms from another dimension was never on the list of volunteers' reasons for participating in our research. Neither was it something I expected with any frequency.

One especially striking characteristic of the “alien abduction” experiences of the DMT subjects was that they were almost invariably every bit as adamant in claiming their experiences to be “real” as were those who report naturally occurring “alien abductions” (more on that later). And that is despite the fact that they remained completely aware that they were participating in an experimental study on the effects of DMT. "
From:DMT: Near Death and Mystical Experiences, “Alien Abductions”, and its Role in Everyday Life - Democratic Underground

Thanks for that. I've missed that one somehow. Good thing I'm not the only one who is baffled by the lack of connection made in this subject.

Burnt State
You got it, her (Karla Turner) lectures are amazing, but her books (which i have downloaded and read) put me to sleep.
I don't want to say bad things about her, but there is something about her beliefs that bothered me. While she is adamant that abductions are not a good thing she follows suggestions from"ets"and move to the country to avoid the end of times or something like it.
And there is the stuff the military are behind abductions. Oh Boy! my father was in the army and I can tell you, they are only normal people with uniforms. Actually, the best ufo researcher in the world for me was Gen. Moacyr Uchoa. He was made fun within the army and admired outside... No, the army(at least ours BR) cannot be articulated enough to pull such a thing. Abduction is either inside people's head or in another dimension.

Burnt State
You got it, her (Karla Turner) lectures are amazing, but her books (which i have downloaded and read) put me to sleep.
I don't want to say bad things about her, but there is something about her beliefs that bothered me. While she is adamant that abductions are not a good thing she follows suggestions from"ets"and move to the country to avoid the end of times or something like it.
And there is the stuff the military are behind abductions. Oh Boy! my father was in the army and I can tell you, they are only normal people with uniforms. Actually, the best ufo researcher in the world for me was Gen. Moacyr Uchoa. He was made fun within the army and admired outside... No, the army(at least ours BR) cannot be articulated enough to pull such a thing. Abduction is either inside people's head or in another dimension.

Or maybe what DMT does is make our conscious mind switch channels so to speak. Like, normal every day life is a news broadcast but if you overload the mind with DMT, it switches to a cartoon. :p Like actually perceives a different dimension or reality.

I don't claim to have any idea, to be honest. The reason I made this thread was to simply point out what I conceived as an obvious oversight by researchers.

Last edited:
I am the result of it. I live my life like all there is is here and now. However I am always having weird paranormal experiences that make me go after the truth if it exists.
I joke I am worst than Saint Thomas, because even seeing I don't believe. But the truth is that I believe what I see, but I don't know what it is.
Do I make any sense, or I come through a complete loony?
No. You make perfect sense to me. :)

But, will this make any sense to you? Lol...

(This post is "out there"... it's not very coherent or edited well. Consider it a wild draft that needs a complete rewrite.)

Human brains have different experiences, because we all have different genetics and unique lives that ALSO have to intersect with whatever "outside the mind" mythologies or beliefs that also really exist in us culturally too. It's very challenging for our still primitive minds, relatively speaking, to deal with the massive multimedia inputs of different ideas and that instability of constant change in our modern times vs all of human history before 100 years ago. We no longer have the innocence of isolation and lack of communication methods we evolved with, so now we have mass confusion dealing with the "outside the mind" multimedia inputs of massive exchange of ideas, beliefs, mythologies, etc.

Isn't Multimedia Inputs (TV movies 3d) along with the Internet becoming a kind of Hive Mind Repository that is reshaping Mankind? I think it is unnatural compared to all of human history before radio, and we feel that psyche impact that has far more "outside the mind" mythology and information pressures to change us more so than ever before. Maybe UFO's are part of that psychic manifestation like an Internet connection, and we are becoming affected by these outside forces of the Human Hive Mind.

Our minds are having to adapt to all these new outside inputs, and we can be certain "the shadow people" and those who rule do attempt to control us through this Hive Mind too. So, UFO's come from multimedia inputs too, these are seldom seen personally in the Sky, and the Hive Mind is expanding that UFO potential. Humans are always playing God with each other; we are the storytellers. Who controls the Hive Mind? Are the UFO's a manifestation of our Human Gods playing with us? They are part of our Hive Mind.

It seems DMT is one way to maybe gain some insights into what we're becoming. But if Abduction is a major theme of the DMT experience, then I think it is a symptom of the Human Hive Mind we are creating outside of ourselves.

Humans have real fears and real dangers and real psychic and physical injuries and deaths... the Hive Mind is going to keep informing us of this. The Multimedia Hive Mind is informing and creating our mythology and beliefs.

DMT might guide us and/or inform us about how we're doing on a personal level and, also, at our mythological "hive mind" level too.

Freaky? :)

Last edited:
Freaky? :)
You bet!
I am sick in bed. I didn't go to work to sleep it off, and instead, here I am...
But I am having fun enough to forget my sore throat.
Downloaded the DMT the spirit molecule. I will read it after lunch!

One especially striking characteristic of the “alien abduction” experiences of the DMT subjects was that they were almost invariably every bit as adamant in claiming their experiences to be “real” as were those who report naturally occurring “alien abductions” (more on that later). And that is despite the fact that they remained completely aware that they were participating in an experimental study on the effects of DMT.
Most Alien Abductions are occurring near sleep or during some hypnotic effect such as nighttime driving and needing sleep too. There must be some relationship with that and DMT too.

Are any adults abducted by Aliens during outside daylight and not sleep deprived?

Awesome thread. I'm intrigued with DMT & only recently became aware of it through an old episode of the Paracast when D.B. discussed it with a guest. Having experimented many, many years ago with LSD & mescaline I'm familiar with what a "trip" is. DMT sounds more intense and not necessarily safe. While reading the posts on this thread I remembered watching a documentary called "Wake Up" on Netflix that was about a young man (Jonas Elrod) who awoke one morning with the sudden ability to see dead people and other ethereal beings and creatures. During one of his outings he visited a photographer who is known for taking pictures (possibly in infrared?) of people while they meditate. When developed you can clearly see an outline of a typical Grey Alien in the photo. Are these photos showing dimensional beings that are always around us, watching us in the shower or sleeping? Only visible when we lift the veil momentarily by way of DMT or other substances? Did the young man in the documentary I watched have a pineal gland that was over active? Again an awesome and interesting topic that I can't wait to research in more detail.

I've had instances of sleep paralysis and one of them involved a classic Grey Alien however I wish to be clear that I don't believe I was abducted. Was this due to an overproduction of DMT? I'm not sure but I've never forgotten it.

While reading the posts on this thread I remembered watching a documentary called "Wake Up" on Netflix that was about a young man (Jonas Elrod) who awoke one morning with the sudden ability to see dead people and other ethereal beings and creatures.
I remember that doc as I was very taken by the premise but was not so taken by the filmmaker starring as subject in his own movie. It felt more like a docu-fiction, career launching, road trip movie than any serious investigation into the paranormal.

But the idea of hearing and seeing dead people got reconnected in my brain when talking with someone at work whose son had a significant period of hearing dead people. It was directly connected to his asthma medication. Prednisone is well known for chemically inducing schizophrenic states and propagates the hearing of dead people; may induce visual hallucinations and can cause people to not even recognize the familiar living people in their life. There are some clinicians who believe that alien abduction events are merely a function of brain chemistry events with no connection to aliens at all.

Re: daytime alien abduction. While many abduction events are nighttime events, there are a significant number of abductions that are reported as happening in the middle of the day while wide awake. Are these just sudden moments of brain chemistry, in the way that acid flashbacks or panic attacks can suddenly creep up on someone and catapult them into an altered state? Unfortunately so much of the research is fused directly to the researcher themselves. Hopkins, Mack, Jacobs, Streiber, Turner all define AP in a manner very specific to their vision of AP as it evolved according to their own research or personal experience. There are a number of conflicting features to their diverse interpretations and without any holistic, clinical approach, that keeps hypnosis out of the picture, it's very hard to say anything coherent about AP.

Clinical doctors who approach the subject matter tend to side with sleep paralysis, brain chemistry and repressed abusive memories as the source of AP.

Some of the best and most open ended investigative approaches are summarized in this blog by Mie Clelland and his related podcast: hidden experience

We explored many ideas around abduction here on the forum: Alien Abductions, Child Sexual Abuse & Sleep Paralysis | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
Until someone can prove without a doubt by telling something about a dead "spirit" or whatever that he couldn't possibly know in a controlled environment I don't believe it. It's either entirely made up for whatever reason, or Schizophrenia induced hallucinations. Now, hallucinations are in some south american cultures considered a blessing, and Schizophrenics are often considered holy, and become Shamans because they can see in to the spirit worl without consuming sacred plants (hallucinogenics), according to these cultures. If you ask them, Schizophrenics should be guided, not medicated. This of course is an incredibly murky territory but again, something that deserves actual scientific study, and not brushed aside as nonsense until it's deemed as nonsense by the scientific method.

I can't really speak to the credibility of the filmmaker and I too came away from it feeling a bit uneasy. Not sure if it was all b.s. or not.

I wasn't aware that prednisone could cause the episodes you described but it did bring to mind a few experiences of my own. I hear voices being spoken when I'm falling asleep. They sound as if they're being spoken directly into my ear at full volume but aren't directed at me. Whenever this has happened I've ascertained that no one in my home was speaking to me and that I was alone. An example of this happened just a few months ago when I clearly heard a woman's voice which I did not recognize state "it wasn't his fault". Sometimes I've heard a man's voice, again not directed to me but clear as a bell as if spoken directly into my ear. Ever heard of that?

@Bananas I've never heard of abnormal dmt excretion until you started this post. A quick Google search came up with a few abstracts (increased excretion of....) worth looking at. Is this a phenomenon of which you are familiar with? Do you know what conditions are involved as to whether someone may be under this affliction? I assume schizophrenia is one but I wonder if it's possible to simulate a schizophrenic-like state in an individual.

Could very well be mild Schizophrenia. Hard to say, but audiotory hallucinations are the most common symptoms with it. If you're worried, raise up the point with your doctor and get tested. Or it could be something else, kind of hard to say you know? Don't mean to scare you though. :)

Back