• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Prodigious Forum poster and thinker "Burnt State" will be this week's guest

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
We all know him and marvel at his unique brand of laser-like insight into the many subjects discussed here at the Paracast, and Burnt State will be our guest this week. We will be taping tomorrow (Thursday January 29th around noon to 2 PM mountain time, so post your QUESTIONS or subjects you'd like addressed here, promptly folks, thanks.

Wholly Crap! AWESOME. AMAZED. FREAKING OUT. LOVING IT.

1) Can't the Military Industrial Complex be taking advantage of the ET-UFO phenomena by creating it and promoting it to keep military spending elevated, but do it at this subterfuge level [Vallee's Control System in Concept] by probing us [even literally] with ET-UFO's, for example, going to nuclear sites or other threatening locations. Using UFO's to do cattle dissections. BUT, ALSO, float the idea that ET-UFO's are NOT Real too, AND by doing so it keeps this issue burning for decades.

Deniability actually helps the military tremendously, whether they believe or not! With controversial people like Linda Moulton Howe and soooo many x-military in this field doesn't their presence just keep the military spending going going going probing probing probing but NEVER gone. Threat dissonance. Obtuse, indirect, plausible deniability.

IF world peace came, then Ronald Reagan's next MIC spending idea is to have ET always on the back burner! Ooops, is that The Control System's Plan?

A post copied below I had just made before I saw BurntState is on Paracast is more info about what I'm getting at:

Btw, Hastings, Salas, Bentwaters, et al are doing no favors for any Peace Movement to get rid of Nuclear Weapons!

IF the US/Russian Military's were convinced ET is real, then there would be more massive spending and taxes. The nuclear weapons will not be reduced. Heck, even Ronald Reagan talked about defending ourselves from ET to help Star Wars.

You need to get serious about Vallee's control system, because the ET-UFO's sure are helping out our MIC by probing away. Keep it churning and churning forevermore... keep it in the subconscious, simmering just under the surface, probe, probe, probe when needed. Get that media attention going, when the interest is fading or we need to get our defenses [spending your money] up again. Play the show with Hollywood Independence Day, then Phoenix Lights, then Men in Black ALL within months of each other!!! The Control System is Working!

This IS a Human Control System.

Linda Moulton Howe is one of their best agents of all time! ALL the X-Military are dupes to this cause, EXCEPT those that will be brave to expose and fight this Human Control System.

It is NOT ET. Or, are there Multiple Control Systems engaging for their own purposes too?

Last edited:
Since you were reading so much about UFO's at such a young age (10yo or it began when?) BEFORE you had your AMAZING UFO sighting... let's get into "the deep" about it...

Snippet From Jeff Davis: What we are witnessing is only a very small part of the truth. A fragment of cloth for which we are constantly attempting to foist upon ourselves, a mundane, or "fitting" speculative design, in an effort to satiate our needful egos and find a home for which to accommodate our exotic remnant.

Next Points:

Since we manifest and/or are required to be in the correct space-time continuum to experience such events [my assumptions based on my limited understanding], then we do have some control over our experiences or how IT [various entities] can make contact?

[Note how BurntState was devouring books about ET/UFO's by age 10.]

Burnt State Snippet: Sociological connections to strange beings abducting us from long ago present the possibility that this other intelligence has been with us for quite some time and appears to be much closer to us than off world.

Burnt State Continues: Bishop gave the suggestion that perhaps the phenomenon is something common to the planet, like the wind (reminded me of Hynek's elementals), and that our experience of this potential natural intelligence is one that is similar to some, but not all, DMT users who experience classic grey alien abductions. If this phenomenon is something that we are a co-creator of then the alien meme is one that is firmly planted in our minds and perhaps, with the right set of perceived sensory experiences, or the right sequence of neurochemistry, that’s just what you get - alien communion.

BurntState Snippet: The UFO experience is a deeply personal one and I’m starting to think its also a very internal experience.

Well, it seems to me the ideas expressed above could be The Keys to These Kingdoms.

Please elaborate, pontificate, give us your best understandings you can muster at this particular Space Time Continuum. Are we just being Mirrored Back our very own unique Jungian Construct from our Space Time Continuum's Knowledge Base, or is there "the other" "out there" required to complete the process. Are we "holographically" in rough-cut concept doing this? Our skin is not our limit... we think it in to us? Our manifestation. It cannot appear without us? Are there more important issues/ideas to consider about this?

Also, isn't it interesting how childhood interests can imprint into reality a child's fantasies, and is this more likely to happen at a young age rather than later in life? This kind of "imprinting" often affects/effects children for their entire lives.

Last edited:
MY ABOVE TWO POSTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT

1) I'm sure everyone will love to know how/why you got involved in these studies. Can you share any personal experiences, with yourself, family, or friends, and when these happened? What inspired you to be so enthralled with these subjects?

[PLEASE keep this short time-wise, as I see BurntState has two long threads with great details. Btw, BurntState, you DEFINITELY MUST track down your childhood witness. You can do it with the Real Estate records to get names, and then just use the internet to get going. I'm freaking-out that you must do this.]

Links to BurntState's experience:

Two Metallic Craft Visit a Northern Ontario Ice Rink Pt. 1 | The Paracast Community Forums

Two Metallic Craft Visit a Northern Ontario Ice Rink Pt. 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

2) Have you experimented with any mind altering techniques to try and tune into these alternate realities to gain some understanding and insights? What can you share about it? Do you think it is a worthy pursuit? Suggestions?

3) From your perspective and knowledge base what do you think the ET-UFO phenomena is all about? Jung? Vallee? YOUR thinking? Play the odds if you have several possibilities and/or can't answer for now.

4) Who is on the right track in this field? Your "go to" people to learn from and/or specific books that are Must Reads.

Last edited:
For those that don't know BurntState very well here are 2 great posts he did just recently. It should give you some ideas for some questions too?

1st Post from BurntState:

mermaid-sightings.jpg

People see strange things, always have, always will.

Constance wrote: "I often wonder what kind of 'intelligence' in this immense, perhaps boundless, universe could/would occupy itself this way with our little local world and our particular species of life.

Or does it do so everywhere, with every species evolving on every planet from here to wherever?"

Maybe all those sightings of mermen & merwomen are not really for our benefit? But whatever it is, it is certainly connected to us. To imagine anything beyond our world is to only imagine. But in the history of intersections with the phenomenon there are certain features to it whose effects are sociological, may indicate varying aspects of technology and occupies both the traditionally fearful and fantastic domains of human imagination.

They are creative spaces and those areas are about recreating ourselves, shifting, and altering our own experience of reality. Because they are borderline spaces they occupy a liminal space inhabited by hardly traceable occupants of what appear to be interplanetary extraordinary craft. & they can be utterly terrifying, like linking with an alien mind. The initiation into invisible locations is traditionally one that is challenging & transformative. It's like stepping into The Magic Theatre.

John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

2nd Post:

absurd.jpg
In a universe that is suddenly deprived of illusions and of light, man feels a stranger. His is an irremediable exile. . . . This divorce between man and his life, the actor and his setting, truly constitutes the feeling of Absurdity.

– Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Greg Bishop is interested in shifting the dialogue – it’s what he does. He speaks for the excluded middle, offers a different perspective on the other side of truth. In fact there is a whole wave of invention that is a part of Ufology’s most recent paths. There’s a lot of historical revisionism going on as well.

New ways of seeing old cases is finding odd linkages and skeptical inquiry is poking about the twisted wreckage of what it is we actually know about UFO’s. It’s not that much really. We had the ETH and considered well that aliens from another planet are visiting us. But, given the relative prolific nature of these visits vs. Carl Sagan’s estimate of what's likely, a new way of looking at the phenomenon came in the shape of the IDH. Vallee was called a heretic and ufologists rebelled. But if you look around now you can see how that manner of thinking really has entrenched itself in the next wave of thinking about UFO's. It has also given birth to some interesting, new thinking about the subject.

Sociological connections to strange beings abducting us from long ago present the possibility that this other intelligence has been with us for quite some time and appears to be much closer to us than off world. Enter the CTH and Mac Tonnies. Possibilities for the crypto terrestrial hypothesis are wide-ranging and underdeveloped. Still, there’s something so deliciously sneaky about the potential of it all that it’s easy to see how this non-human intelligence has a wicked sense of humour. Maybe, if you live in the shadows, or are hiding there, maybe if you are an alien colony stuck on earth, you might take great pleasure in messing with the evolved intelligence of earthlings. It also feels like a healthy bit of Schadenfreude might also be part of their approach in “appearing” to us.

Bishop gave the suggestion that perhaps the phenomenon is something common to the planet, like the wind (reminded me of Hynek's elementals), and that our experience of this potential natural intelligence is one that is similar to some, but not all, DMT users who experience classic grey alien abductions. If this phenomenon is something that we are a co-creator of then the alien meme is one that is firmly planted in our minds and perhaps, with the right set of perceived sensory experiences, or the right sequence of neurochemistry, that’s just what you get - alien communion.

There’s a surreal quality to the UFO study. There are so many strange stories, odd inconsistencies, an incredible array of craft and potential occupants. On the face of it, such variety makes Earth one of the must see places in the Galaxy given the variety of visitors that we have. We need to set up some kind of upper atmosphere tollbooth to take advantage of all the traffic. The global economy could certainly use it.

storytelling.jpg
But if this phenomenon is originating from around here, then making contact and interrupting this one way performance is still an imperative for those who think they can catch eels barehanded. I also wonder just how close to us they really are? During "After the Paracast" Chris O’Brien described his experience of some very surreal two-dimensional beings in response to which alien event he would time travel to, and something clicked for me. If I could time travel back to any UFO sighting I would want to go back to the only one that propels me in any important way – my own. The UFO experience is a deeply personal one and I’m starting to think its also a very internal experience.

Perhaps the great degree of variation and confirmation of our expectations of the UFO directly involves our own role in writing and remembering these ultra-unique sensory events. They certainly have a hallucinogenic clarity about them, and they definitely inspire a glossolalia in witnesses, hence the long post.

When asked what fields of study we should be looking at to help aid in the pursuit, to shift the discussion, Greg Bishop, a true Discordian, said, "the Absurd." And the more you investigate those up close and personal witness based events you know just how bizarre they can get. There's something there worth figuring out about these sky koans i think. In a favourite case, out of Wendy Connors’ Faded Discs, a giant tank like UFO descends from the sky into midday traffic. A human like occupant crawls out of a top hatch and yells down to the witness, calling him by name, “Hey Bob, what do you think of this?!” and then climbs back in the wild flying structure and it shoots back up into the sky.

For anyone, like Bob, who might be investing years and decades into finding an answer, be prepared for a good long dose of exile to existential lands; because, in a world that makes no good sense you must be prepared to write your own story, you co-creator of cryptic visions. Share your story if you dare.

Last edited:
Having witnessed two saucers pass over you- and the physical evidence left by these craft (burnt roof)
Can it not be possible that the occupants- or the intelligence behind this technology- are physically abducting people?
Just trying to get a better understanding of where you stand on the abduction phenomena, and why.

Last edited:
Aside from the ufo sighting that you posted a couple years back...and DS thoughtfully linked up...do you have you any experiences...in any part of the paranormal field... that "conflict" with any "beliefs" you hold, or is there any case which provides an "inconvient truth" that causes you to re- assess any beliefs that you would like to hold onto ( or maybe prefer to be true ? )

Hope that makes sense.

Aside from the ufo sighting that you posted a couple years back...and DS thoughtfully linked up...do you have you any experiences...in any part of the paranormal field... that "conflict" with any "beliefs" you hold, or is there any case which provides an "inconvient truth" that causes you to re- assess any beliefs that you would like to hold onto ( or maybe prefer to be true ? )

Hope that makes sense.
Any paranormal issues or some synchronicities or experiences that are possibly connected back to this event? Or, is it just isolated "stand alone" without other strange things that have happened to you externally or internally for the last 35+ years?

Last edited:
Just read the descriptions of Burnt’s sighting for the first time a few minutes ago. Really fascinating. I haven’t had a chance to read the entire threads, so not sure these questions have not already been asked.

Questions:
  • It’s said memories become modified over time. Looking back at you own sighting, what are your thoughts on this?
  • Regarding the object hovering over the garage roof where you later found the burnt shingles, any thoughts on the idea that the object did it in anticipation of you finding them? Was climbing up the ladder where you could see the roof something you had been doing regularly with your friend prior to the sighting? Did you in anyway feel “compelled” to use the ladder on the day you found the burnt shingles?

Just read the descriptions of Burnt’s sighting for the first time a few minutes ago. Really fascinating. I haven’t had a chance to read the entire threads, so not sure these questions have not already been asked.

Questions:
  • It’s said memories become modified over time. Looking back at you own sighting, what are your thoughts on this?
  • Regarding the object hovering over the garage roof where you later found the burnt shingles, any thoughts on the idea that the object did it in anticipation of you finding them? Was climbing up the ladder where you could see the roof something you had been doing regularly with your friend prior to the sighting? Did you in anyway feel “compelled” to use the ladder on the day you found the burnt shingles?
I am very curious to know what prompted this last question - what's your thinking process here as given how short we were as kids the only way we would have seen that was by being on the ladder. Can you add a third question about "feeling compelled" and do you have some ideas about this?

2) Have you experimented with any mind altering techniques to try and tune into these alternate realities to gain some understanding and insights? What can you share about it? Do you think it is a worthy pursuit? Suggestions?

3) From your perspective and knowledge base what do you think the ET-UFO phenomena is all about? Jung? Vallee? YOUR thinking? Play the odds if you have several possibilities and/or can't answer for now.

4) Who is on the right track in this field? Your "go to" people to learn from and/or specific books that are Must Reads.
I think that we indirectly covered a lot of the material in your above posts. We talked control system, global manipulation and other possibilities that are in keeping with your quests. We covered experiences for sure.

2) I don't think I'll advise on any standard mild altering techniques; that's a personal choice. But what I do know about brain chemistry is that pretty much every stimulating experience you can have can be supplied naturally without the aid of ingesting anything. Meditation should be done carefully for it does alter the brain space and can create hallucinations - not always good one either.

3) we covered this - complicated

4) almost anything written by Chris Rutkowski - definitely my favourite current thinker and researcher. I'm equally influenced by Vallée, Clark and Moseley. I don't think we always get to hear often enough what O'Brien really thinks, but as far as interesting commentators, Greg Bishop always seems to ferret out new conversations, and new avenues. I listen closely to R.M. - great ideas and even better music. The tangents from his shows lead to even more net resting articles. Check out David Luke.

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of your guys but I'm bursting at the seams to listen to this episode if not only to hear mr. state say the word "aboot".

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Hope that makes sense.
We didn't get to this one but it's the one I thought about the longest this afternoon. In the Ouija experience discussion, we covered two things that still don't make sense to me, but not specifically inconvenient, just weird and slightly impossible.

The things I want to hold onto the most are people, and when you lose them, that's the biggest blow in this lifetime. But in terms of the paranormal, I think my greatest fear would be so see my brain descend into abduction territory and anything that would take me close to an alien intelligence is the absolute last thing I would want to ever encounter. And so while not inconvenient, I find other people's abduction experiences to be deeply troubling. You brought me to the Zanfretta case - that one makes me cringe. It's beyond inconvenient. I don't understand it.

Yeah, how that poor soul wasn't reduced into a mental basket case is beyond me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Questions:
My understanding is that the way memory works is that you only remember your last memory of an event. So there is a recall decay in our brains. So over time unless you write things down and refer to notes your story will shift and change over time losing details, holding on to some, possibly adding new ones? I feel that my retellings is very close but so says my memory. The other thing that's interesting is scale. When you are young you remember things from that perspective. S.R.L. pointed out what he felt were some visual inconsistencies in my telling and I accept that critique. When i revisited the site last winter I was in shock at how small everything was. I had not been standing in that field area in about 30 years.

We hit the other question right off the bat but would still like to know about your thought process here as that caught me off guard and is suggestive of something.

I don't know about the rest of your guys but I'm bursting at the seams to listen to this episode if not only to hear mr. state say the word "aboot".
You might be disappointed, Wade, as I think that's more of a Scottish isle thing - but we can talk accent after the show airs.

I am very curious to know what prompted this last question - what's your thinking process here as given how short we were as kids the only way we would have seen that was by being on the ladder. Can you add a third question about "feeling compelled" and do you have some ideas about this?

I found it interesting that after establishing your attention on it, the object moved over the roof where you later found the burnt shingles. The move over that roof was its final act before beginning its departure. It moved over that roof for a reason (I’m not one to think a sighting such as yours was because aliens were just cruising through in brightly lighted craft to check out what people were having for dinner). It might be that the burned roof and tree just resulted from the object being clumsy and inadvertently burning them. But alternatively the object was not being clumsy, that it was acting with precision, and it deliberately left the marks to be found. It then left them in a non-obvious location. It the marks were left to be found, it was intended that they be found by someone who would connect them back to the sighting, or else there would be no point. From the description, it’s not clear who could have found the marks and connected them with the sighting. Would B.W.’s uncle? Did B.W. make the connection without you pointing it out?

Finding the marks would have had the most meaning to you or your fellow witness. You were the ones who saw it do its maneuver over the roof. But as you said, you were too short to discover them without the ladder. One option was that based on your prior routines (you and B.W. repeatedly using the ladder to get into the window) it could be predicted that you would likely find the marks. Another option is that regardless of any knowledge of your prior routines, “it” would somehow compel you into a position to discover them. I’m not sure what “feeling compelled” would be like. Personally I’ve never experienced it, and just speculating

So in a long-winded way, that’s what led to my questions. I’m not saying I necessarily believe that’s what happened. Just curious as to whether your answers would support that view. Either way, it’s quite an interesting sighting.

I found it interesting that after establishing your attention on it, the object moved over the roof where you later found the burnt shingles. The move over that roof was its final act before beginning its departure. It moved over that roof for a reason (I’m not one to think a sighting such as yours was because aliens were just cruising through in brightly lighted craft to check out what people were having for dinner). It might be that the burned roof and tree just resulted from the object being clumsy and inadvertently burning them. But alternatively the object was not being clumsy, that it was acting with precision, and it deliberately left the marks to be found. It then left them in a non-obvious location. It the marks were left to be found, it was intended that they be found by someone who would connect them back to the sighting, or else there would be no point. From the description, it’s not clear who could have found the marks and connected them with the sighting. Would B.W.’s uncle? Did B.W. make the connection without you pointing it out?

Finding the marks would have had the most meaning to you or your fellow witness. You were the ones who saw it do its maneuver over the roof. But as you said, you were too short to discover them without the ladder. One option was that based on your prior routines (you and B.W. repeatedly using the ladder to get into the window) it could be predicted that you would likely find the marks. Another option is that regardless of any knowledge of your prior routines, “it” would somehow compel you into a position to discover them. I’m not sure what “feeling compelled” would be like. Personally I’ve never experienced it, and just speculating

So in a long-winded way, that’s what led to my questions. I’m not saying I necessarily believe that’s what happened. Just curious as to whether your answers would support that view. Either way, it’s quite an interesting sighting.
Good think through. In my mind, reflecting back on the incident, I've always thought the pause over the roof and near the tree was connected to whoever was in the house at the time, but that's my guess.

But it was B.W.'s idea to go up the ladder to get inside - he was always up to shenanigans and I was one of us willing participants. He saw the roof and was shocked by what had happened given his uncle's recent re-shingling the previous year. As soon as I saw it and looked up to the tree that was burnt I felt a kind of elation of confirmation. That's what spurred me and my other friend who was on the ice for some of that night to become UFO patrol kids with our walkie-talkie's on late summer nights wandering through the neighbourhood, staring at the sky. So for me the ladder climb is chance - I used to believe that everything in life was chance, until patterns started to emerge and now I think differently.

Great explanation Sand. Brilliant!!! It's thinking like this that make the forum worthwhile. Also, BurntState, it's mysterious, when you write: "I used to believe that everything in life was chance, until patterns started to emerge and now I think differently."

It seems we have such "mystery connections" that seem to be at least two-way connected. You probably still have to be close to the space time continuum to increase the odds for such synchronicity. Vallee went into the countryside of California and hoped "the information" would connect and pop-out, but still being near whatever space-time continuum you're trying "to connect" with is a good thing. The holographic vibrations are stronger and less dissipated to pick-up and connect on?

You couldn't control it or make it happen with your walkie-talkies, but "the evidence" just happened.

Btw, was the craft separately over the tree and garage to create two separate/different burn marks, or was it the entire ring that went from the garage out to the tree "as one" outline of the burn? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back