• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Planet X finally confirmed : Behind Pluto is a giant ninth planet lurking.

universeseeker

Skilled Investigator
"Behind Pluto is a ninth giant planet lurking"

He seems to exist: the mysterious ninth planet or planet x. Nobody has seen the newcomer, also the two American explorers not. But astronomers have strong evidence: behind Pluto, a lot further even, lies another planet. In a distant corner of our solar system orbits, according to the geniuses, a celestial body around 10 times larger than Earth.

Interesting development isn't it? Especially how all the Nibiru conspiracy theorists seem to have embraced the news, despite the fact that it's reported in the MSM (which they normally all choose to distrust) and despite the fact that it's not even been confirmed.

I think they'll be a bit pissed off once they've read the small print to the learn that it's probably 800 AU away, perihelion not likely to be less than 200 AU (Pluto averages a mere 30 AU) so it's unlikely to be the Planet-X/Nibiru that Sitchin et al claim sweeps into the inner solar system every n-thousand years.

Ho-hum...

I thought that the Kuiper belt and it's objects would represent the outer limits of our solar system and at most it's 50 Au from our sun, so given the distances you mentioned could this object...while maybe being a planet...actually be considered a 9th planet (in the context of being in our solar system?)

If it is confirmed to exist, and confirmed to orbit around the sun, then I guess it is part of the solar system, regardless of distance.

Calling proper astronomers; is this a fair conclusion to draw?

Didn't even consider that and it seems logical. Still a little hard for me to grasp that our modest sized sun has an influence on something that far out.

Mike Brown endorsed this explanation, at least to write that it made his day:

possible_undiscovered_planets.png

But where do we insert Truman Bethurum's Clarion into this - not to mention my own discovery of Clarian which is probably a topic best left unsaid.

Didn't even consider that and it seems logical. Still a little hard for me to grasp that our modest sized sun has an influence on something that far out.

I don't know, of course, but I have the impression that there are many and various gravitational (and perhaps other) influences on the orbits of planets and other objects in space.

Back