• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Personal UFO Experiences

Tyger

Paranormal Adept
I have not been able to find a thread where such stories are shared. I am interested to hear what the experiences have been for any one willing to share. Thank you. :)

I have kind of wondered the same thing myself and I believe the typical route is to just post it to the UFO section of the forum. I for one would REALLY enjoy reading/learning of your experiences. I have had two myself. One was fleeting, the other lasted a little while. Like 20 minutes or so.

I've been debating and debating about telling my story and have finally decided not to. I have several reasons - first off, it wasn't an actual 'experience', it was a lucid dream. At the time I was working with a a particular story-line in my writing and also reading a lot of ufo-ey kind of stuff. It all conflated in my mind, and I had a very vivid dream as a result. That's what it was.

Okay - I'll tell it very quickly - like you twisted my arm or something. :p

It had been a lovely evening. There was a full moon and I had spent some minutes, before going to bed, standing on the back porch looking at the woods bathed in moonlight. I then went to bed and went to sleep.

First dream image is me looking at the back woods from the porch but instead of just seeing the woodland drenched in moonlight, I saw lights, and - in the dream - identified what I was seeing as an alien craft. As dreams do, I knew more in the dream than I would have known in waking consciousness - and I could see beings standing there around the craft. One of the beings was telling me stuff - in that dream-like way. Absolutely no fear - all very friendly. In the dream, I see them, mentally say 'hi' but go back into the house and start to walk through the darkened house to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, I suddenly am aware that there is someone outside the kitchen window looking in, and am aware that it is someone from the craft. The figure is in darkness so I can't make it out except to say that near where the eyes would be there is the sense of darkness along with a glint of light - kinda unusual. Remebering that this is a dream, with the narrative coming not in a linear fashion, but from 'within' in the dream - a jolt when I realize that the being wants to take me to the craft. I say a definite 'No.' I somehow realize that this being is going to come anyway and at this point there is a 'metaphysical showdown at ok corral'. I am a free being - endowed with free will - and I say 'No'.

The being then actually makes a 'threat' - I am amused by this point because it is so typical - and threatens never to come back. I am adamant - 'No'. Then to show I mean what I say I indicate that I will call the police and begin walking towards the phone - which begins to feel like I am walking through molasses (a sure and certain indication that I was in a particular waking-sleeping condition). I get to the phone - the being says if I make the call there will be no return visits. I lift the receiver, dial the police, get a voice and say I want to report a UFO. Poof! All gone. I won. Dream over.

That's my lucid dream - from a very long time ago btw. A decade or more before the Streiber 'Communion' stuff (though the eyes on that cover were 'familiar' - and there's a reason for that imo). The only abduction stuff around was the by then oldish story of Betty and Barney Hill which I had read about. As I say, I was also in the midst of spinning a story line. The dream is completely understandable given all the elements I was working with at the time in my mind.

Is this a 'real' UFO story? No, not in the least imo - which is why I was hesitant to tell it. This was a dream and a lucid dream in which I wound up calling the shots and determining how the dream would proceed.

I told this dream to a male acquaintance many years later. My impression was he was inclined to believe in UFOs. After I was done he mused whether the police station had really gotten a call from me that night. He said it would be interesting to check the police logs for that night to see. An example of people hearing what they want to hear.

Because of this 'experience' I tend to have a bias in a particular direction regarding 'experiences' of a deeper kind reported using the iconography of ufo abduction. I am not a psychologist, only an observer of human nature and myself. I extrapolate from there.

heh, I keep getting sporadic log-outs happening so I have to retype it. think it's something to do with using fb to create profile.Funnily , your experience is very similar . Ever since I was a kid, I've always been interested in the topic and would have been strongly a believer in the eth/govt cover up. One night I had a really frightening dream of some ghost encounter, activity felt 'awake' and a genuine hypnogogic dream. Screaming in silence , weight on my ankles climbing up my body , awful! I noticed the room was very hot and unventilated as well.

Moving forward , I woke up around dawn some years later to feel and see myself levitating slowly up to the ceiling towards a dark 'hatch' ! Just before I went through it, I had the thought of 'oh, this must be a dream like I had before'. As soon as I had this thought , the levitation stopped and I gradually floated back to the bad. As this was happening , the hatch' showed out to be my suit jacket , hung over the curtain rail, illuminated by the very bright rising sun.
This, coming for a believer , had a major effect on my belief system and I have no doubt that if I hadn't had the thought of the earlier dream I'd have been reporting a genuine abduction scenario . Not that my experience means this should be a filter over anyone else's experience but it showed me the mind can play some very weird pranks.

Back