• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paul Bannister

Ofaebtas

Skilled Investigator
Enjoyable show. Binnall did one with him last week as well.

Did I just imagine this:

Gene and Chris asked Paul whether he knew Nick Redfern to which he says 'yes' and an hour or so later Paul asks Chris and Gene if they know Nick Redfern and Paul enthusiastically describes who Mr. Redfern is?

That was funny.

Now, may I offer this to your consideration: Let's say Paul had some more "controversial" ideas on the paranormal, would some people be saying he should be "discredited" because of a mistake like that? I don't think so. It's a human quality to screw up a sometimes - plus it's funny, and that's great.
(Of course this is all if I actually remember right and heard what I thought I heard)

Anyway, awesome guest.

I really enjoyed the show with Paul Banister, it wasnt a typical show, but they ere able to relate it back loosely back to the Paranormal . But, it made me realize how much I miss the old paper! It made me also realize that since so many of those rag mags are owned by the same company - that if they ever decided to push the same government agenda, a lot of people who read those as gospel news worthy articles, that could have a scary effect on the less educated mind. That is a very sobering thought! But, I am so glad that he said that a particular show was scripted, I have been saying that for years,, and people will argue about that more than they would a growling ghost. It was a great show, and it sure is good to hear the laughter in the show. They are were able to enjoy themselves but they also kept it professional! Great show

Enjoyable show. Binnall did one with him last week as well.

Did I just imagine this:

Gene and Chris asked Paul whether he knew Nick Redfern to which he says 'yes' and an hour or so later Paul asks Chris and Gene if they know Nick Redfern and Paul enthusiastically describes who Mr. Redfern is?

That was funny.

Now, may I offer this to your consideration: Let's say Paul had some more "controversial" ideas on the paranormal, would some people be saying he should be "discredited" because of a mistake like that? I don't think so. It's a human quality to screw up a sometimes - plus it's funny, and that's great.
(Of course this is all if I actually remember right and heard what I thought I heard)

Anyway, awesome guest.

I noticed that too. I don't think you can discredit anyone for an honest mistake like that, regardless of his views. Crazy ideas will be criticized regardless of how nice the guest is or if he makes little mistakes like that. Joshua Shapiro is a good example - he seemed like a nice enough fellow but his ideas were out there.

This show was a lot of fun and I like that he was honest about how the Inquirer worked when he was there. If you interview 30 doctors and 29 say one thing, but 1 of them says something that fits the story, they'll chose that expert. It sounds like how oil companies chose their climate experts.

Great show, I found the related eccentricities of Gene Pope especially interesting (reminded me somewhat of Howard Hughes, just in the sheer ridiculousness). Also, working for that long for the National Enquirer and being truly baffled by something happening (the glass shard/block, the Enfield case) counts for something in my book. As said, well worth the listen and ordered the book as well.

Really enjoyed this show, innovative choice of guest, a fascinating conversation that gave a a real insight into an area that I previously knew nothing about and often felt irritated by if I'm honest.

a very unlikely guest which i thoroughly enjoyed listening too, i like Ofaebtas also heard him on BOA the other day. you could sense the wonder he still has in what happened during them years in hes talk. what a great life the man lead and it be nice to see him on again in the near future.:D

Good show with Bannister. Not much of the paranormal there, but an interesting guy who has had a fascinating career with the tabloid press. Although I wouldn't ordinarily think of going to the Paracast to look for this kind of interview, it proved worthwhile. Really good show.

Back