• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Overlords of the UFO

This was talked about in a thread here before I think nameless. Anyway, it's an absolutely classic piece nof 70's para-documentary. It's sooooo serious it's funny. Has lots of questionable bits but also some great core stuff. It's a must for UFO doc fans and I must admit if I find a UFO doc I've yet to see, you can guarantee I will watch it!

Overlords of the UFO classic 70's camp, but like Goggs said there are some legitimate incidents in the documentary. I always wanted to play a drinking game and take a shot every time the host says "Who are the Overlords of the UFO", sure would have a nice buzz by the end of the film :)

I have a link to a recipe for hard cider made from grocery store apple juice and corn sugar. The stuff is notorious for its innocent taste and kick-butt wallop. And it's so simple a subscriber to The Skeptical Inquirer could make it. But I don't think this group needs any additional contribution to delinquency. :D

Hey Trained! That's nice - a new UFO doc. I am a complete addict to UFO docs. This one I have not seen so I shall indeed be having a goosy gander.

There is a doc that has Chris' mentor, Ray Stanford, when he had that skywatching set-up in Texas, I forget the name but anyway, it has really good sound effects (weird noises to get one into the 'paranormal' feel, methinks) and also the narrator has a fantastic tone of voice and turn of phrase.
I forget the title but it starts off immediately with that piece of footage of something flying near Santa Catalina island off the coast of L.A. (by the way, I've seen a modern analysis of that famous footage that concluded it was actually a light aircraft such as a Cessna, rather than a flying saucer but in my opinion the conclusion is far from secure due to the quality of the original film. It could be a Cessna and it could be a UFO.)

Anywayhowthing, I just love me a good UFO doc! (one can study the ever-changing shape and colour of Mr Friedman's beard as he tends to pop up in at least 4 docs per decade - which is a pretty good 'doc/decade' ratio! lol

I got on Testors.com and couldn't find them on their site. Odd, but maybe their closet UFO lovers like so many other people.....wanting to avoid the ridicule. LOL!

IMG_2197.jpg

Jan04943.jpg

I opted for full transparency on top although i could have done half solid silver and half transparency.

Underneath i did full silver, but left a quarter clear to see the gravity well generators, which also has a half cover missing so you can see the internals

In the lower shot you can see the copper coloured internal detail of one gravity well projector, with a silver fully sheathed one to the right and behind it

Excuse the dust in these shots, dusting my collection is like painting a bridge, by the time you get to the end, you have to go back and start all over again.

Lazar aside, ive always admired this model. The transparent upper section "works" for me in regards to the big black eyes of the alleged inhabitants.
Excellent energy conservation model, why light the craft when you can simply engineer the pilots to be able to see by starlight

IMG_2197.jpg

Jan04943.jpg

I opted for full transparency on top although i could have done half solid silver and half transparency.

Underneath i did full silver, but left a quarter clear to see the gravity well generators, which also has a half cover missing so you can see the internals

In the lower shot you can see the copper coloured internal detail of one gravity well projector, with a silver fully sheathed one to the right and behind it

Excuse the dust in these shots, dusting my collection is like painting a bridge, by the time you get to the end, you have to go back and start all over again.

Lazar aside, ive always admired this model. The transparent upper section "works" for me in regards to the big black eyes of the alleged inhabitants.
Excellent energy conservation model, why light the craft when you can simply engineer the pilots to be able to see by starlight

Does it come with a little figure of Bob Lazar?

........................................................................................simply engineer the pilots to be able to see by starlight

Mike, nice collection of Eagles and is that a couple of Moonbase Alpha's I see there too?
I've still got the three foot model of an Eagle I got for Christmas in 1977....it's hanging in my workroom, along with the Testors Area 51 model flying saucer I got around 15 years ago. I don't have a pic, but I opted for a small window on top and complete transparency on the bottom to see the "gravity generators". I still have the box and the "Sport Model" booklet that came with it.

Mike, nice collection of Eagles and is that a couple of Moonbase Alpha's I see there too?
I've still got the three foot model of an Eagle I got for Christmas in 1977....it's hanging in my workroom, along with the Testors Area 51 model flying saucer I got around 15 years ago. I don't have a pic, but I opted for a small window on top and complete transparency on the bottom to see the "gravity generators". I still have the box and the "Sport Model" booklet that came with it.

Yes there are two Alphas there a japanese resin version and the larger plastic kit which wasnt quite as accurate (3 launch pads instead of 5)

I have 3 eagles including one with a scratch built cockpit which lights up, and a couple of extra pods, medical and cargo pods as well as scientific and standard recon.
The medical pod has a scratch built interior and is fully detailed .

I still have my box and booklet too :D

Back