• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — George Wingfield Returns

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
George Wingfield.pngGeorge Wingfield has written about and lectured on a number of subjects including British history, prehistoric sites, astronomy, the UFO subject, and crop circles. He has traveled extensively and spoken on radio and TV in Britain and the US. Books written by him have included "Prehistoric Sacred Sites of Wessex" (Wessex Books, 2007), "Glastonbury" (Wooden Books, 2007), and "Belgium" in the Modern World Nations series (Chelsea House Publishers, 2008). He has also written about the UFO subject and is co-author with Paul Whitehead of the book, "UFO— Strange Space on Earth" (Wooden Books, 2011). He has attended and sometimes lectured at various UFO conferences over the last 32 years in both the UK and the US. Wingfield has suggested that the UFO subject is best divided into two separate parts which are not necessarily connected. Firstly there are “sky mysteries,” most of which can be explained in terms of conventional objects or else natural phenomena. Secondly there are the various claims of ET alien encounters, alien contact, and indeed alien abductions — most cases of which can be shown to be false, fictional, or simply fraudulent hoaxes lacking any convincing proof.

His most recent book is entitled "The Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery and Project Honey Badger" which was published in the UK by Squeeze Press (2022). It examines the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident of December 1980 in considerable detail and he reveals extraordinary new evidence proving exactly what this particular "UFO" really was. The book offers a what the author considers to be a rational explanation for the Rendlesham Forest Incident and several previous suggestions by other authors that the UFO was a visiting alien spacecraft — or perhaps one piloted by time-traveling humans from Earth’s future — can now be firmly dismissed.

George Wingfield was born in 1942 and is British. He lives near Glastonbury in Somerset in the UK, and also in Iowa, USA, where his American wife Jan is from. He has a BA Hons Degree in Natural Sciences from Trinity College Dublin. He once worked as an astronomer at the Royal Greenwich Observatory in Herstmonceux, UK, and then worked for many years with IBM UK Ltd in a variety of different roles.

Cohost this week: Tim Swartz.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Wednesday, November 8 at at 3:00 PM Mountain (5:00 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
November 12

Great to have George back on.
Can you ask him if he knows anything about Rods which are a sky phenomenon which seem to occur in our upper atmosphere.
And does he think they could be a natural lifeform.?

His response will be in After The Paracast. :)

So listeners will need to subscribe to hear it. And, Richard, we appreciate your subscription and your ongoing support.
Great I look forward to hearing it.
Really glad George is back on probably because I agree with most of his explanations and theories.

Skype's issue is mostly group conversations. So we have three or more people, there's a chance for something going wrong.

Barbara injured a leg the other day, but is getting better. Thanks for asking.

Wingfield perceives a difference between sky sightings and ET sightings, but there's no real dichotomy. Many aerial craft have been observed from a distance with entities abroad and many unusual, landed beings are associated with craft, where interaction with humans has often taken place.

I thought this was a great show. George always has a very no nonsense approach to the phenomenon always looking for and providing alternative explanations to the unexplained. A true researcher who has no pre conceptions.

Wingfield perceives a difference between sky sightings and ET sightings, but there's no real dichotomy. Many aerial craft have been observed from a distance with entities abroad and many unusual, landed beings are associated with craft, where interaction with humans has often taken place.
I’m certainly interested to hear about these supposed ET entities seen aboard aerial craft —and ones associated with landed craft too— but where’s the evidence? Where are there genuine photographs of these ET entities and, indeed, any genuine photos of the physical aerial craft in which these ET entities are said to travel? In view of many false claims of alien encounter, alien contact and alien abduction, is there any real evidence for the existence of such ET entities visiting Planet Earth that can be trusted? That is to say, evidence which would be accepted by scientists or accepted in a court of law.

I’m certainly interested to hear about these supposed ET entities seen aboard aerial craft —and ones associated with landed craft too— but where’s the evidence? Where are there genuine photographs of these ET entities and, indeed, any genuine photos of the physical aerial craft in which these ET entities are said to travel? In view of many false claims of alien encounter, alien contact and alien abduction, is there any real evidence for the existence of such ET entities visiting Planet Earth that can be trusted? That is to say, evidence which would be accepted by scientists or accepted in a court of law.
I think you are very unlikely to find that evidence George.
Thank you for answering my question on the aftershow about the rods. I have always been convinced that they are a worm like creature that lives in our upper atmosphere.

Thanks, Richard. I don’t think I made myself very clear in answering your question on The Paracast about “alien rods”. I remember now it was Jose Escamilla who claimed to have discovered “rods” (also known by some as “skyfish”) in 1994 when attempting to film a UFO near Roswell, NM. He was previously a cameraman employed making Hollywood movies and must have known perfectly well that these curious artificial images were caused by flying insects such as moths moving fast through the field of the camera during its fraction of a second —say 1/50th sec— exposure time. Whatever lighting there was would often produce an elongated image of the bug’s body perhaps together with false images of 2 or 3 sets of wings on either side. Escamilla later made additional videos of these “alien rods” and he undertook lecture tours to promote his claims. Gullible members of the public paid inflated prices for copies of his photos believing they showed small alien creatures and I must confess that I paid for some of these “rod” pictures at a UFO conference almost thirty years ago!

Oh I think you very clear George and thank you for your answer. I never thought it was anything alien George just natural phenomenon.
Don't forget me the next time you are in Bushmills my email is [email protected] I'll send you my phone number and we will have a few black Bush together.
Great hearing you on the show again George

Sure, Richard, I’ll stop by for a tot or two of the Black Bush whiskey next time I’m in Co. Antrim but that won’t be for quite a while. Off to Colorado tomorrow. I’ve just found a pic of some “alien rods” which I’ll attach to this post for all those folk
who are wondering what the hell we are talking about!
JPEG image.jpegt

Sure, Richard, I’ll stop by for a tot or two of the Black Bush whiskey next time I’m in Co. Antrim but that won’t be for quite a while. Off to Colorado tomorrow. I’ve just found a pic of some “alien rods” which I’ll attach to this post for all those folk
who are wondering what the hell we are talking about!
JPEG image.jpegt
Wow they are fantastic George.
Great photograph's

Back