• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I won't mince words. The claims from Dr. David Jacobs about possible hybrid aliens infiltrating Earth society are controversial, and his research methods are hotly disputed.

In this episode, we ask Dr. Jacobs to flesh out his views and research methodology, and how he first came to be involved in UFO abduction research. We also ask some probing questions that raise issues about the value of that research.

Our own views are fleshed out in greater detail in this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. Check here for more information:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

"I won't mince words. The claims from Dr. David Jacobs about possible hybrid aliens infiltrating Earth society are controversial, and his research methods are hotly disputed."

So - i'm only a few minutes into the show. Did Dr. Jacobs restore Mr. O'Brien's faith in ufoology?

If i had had any type of strange experience and was looking around in the field, hearing that one of the most popular, evidence-driven ufo shows gave tacit endorsement to Dr. Jacobs and his methods I would run as fast as i could in the other direction. It is difficult for me to see how Dr. Jacobs, or his over the top message, would give anyone heart to pursue an interest in this field.

Fortunately i find much of interest in the work of Joshua Cutchin, Greg Bishop, Nick Redfern, Micah Hanks, George P. Hansen, Jenny Randles, Pal Devereux, Stormeye of Magic and Monsters on wordpress, and of course the kid-impresario Steve Ray who is organizing the ParaMania event this coming April Fool's Day in Dallas.

But anyone who has been interested in this subject for more than a few years has had to take time off due to disgust.

We haven't endorsed Dr. Jacobs. When you listen to the entire interview, you'll see we had questions, and we fleshed out those questions in After the Paracast. I have made it clear here that I do not believe hybrid aliens are running around planning to take over.

The presence of a guest on The Paracast doesn't imply endorsement. Look at our history.

Well....you DO draw the line someplace, there's people who believe they are members of the X-Files fighting the draco-reptilian vampire conspiracy and i have yet to hear them on The Paracast. (Understandably!) I'm half an hour in, I will make up my mind after listening to the whole show.

However, you must be aware that there are many who will only see the headline, or listen to the first few minutes, or the free show and not the after show. Gene, you've been involved in the web long enough to know how this works - in many many minds you have de facto endorsed Dr. Jacobs whether or not you asked him a semi-pointed question in the aftershow. It would be great if we lived in a different world, but we don't.

Dr. Jacobs has been on The Paracast several times over the years. When have I ever endorsed his methods or conclusions — or anyone's methods and conclusions actually? I've been skeptical of everything in my newsletters. Well, I'll amend that. I was in favor of Jim Moseley. :D

And one more thing: We've done roughly 500 episodes of The Paracast, never missing a week. We've had a pretty wide variety of guests over the years covering all sorts of viewpoints. The suggestion that putting a guest on The Paracast, however controversial, implies endorsement, is just plain nonsense. It stops now!

I've just finished listening to the main show: wow.

That was quite intense and I felt, fairly devastating. I'm not sure how you could think the episode gave tacit support to Jacobs.

I'm going to listen to it again as it was so rich with detail, but some initial rough thoughts:

Jacobs is a clever, charming man who has, through a process over many years, backed himself into an intellectual cul-de-sac.

It seems astounding to me that someone who wrote a dissertation on the history of the spread of Freudian analysis can now talk about a "reproduction based" phenomenon without constantly questioning the reality of what he's being told and whether there is a psychological explanation.

The parallels with the early days of Freud and psychoanalysis, old white male therapists asking questions around sexual events to predominantly younger female subjects, are, to me, striking.

Jacobs states the reason other abduction researchers only ever find subjects who support their overall theory is due to dodgy hypnotic techniques. I agree but would lump him in with that group of abduction researchers he is willing to criticise.

The deliberately misleading questions Jacobs asked during hypnosis to supposedly test the veracity of what is being told to him, underlined the bias he was bringing to the sessions. Questions like "did the UFO have parquet flooring?" or "did you see the yellow alien standing at the side observing the process?" surely reinforce the notion that there WAS a UFO and there WAS a medical process. Whilst Jacobs thought these useful questions to clear minor details up surely they show the mentality he was bringing to the hypnotic sessions?

When Jacobs said he sat outside someone's apartment with a camera waiting for an alien hybrid I started to doubt the man's sanity.

It was a great episode, fantastic listening, could have probably done with been being another hour longer and has, I imagine, done absolutely nothing for Mr O'Brien's faith in the current state of ufology.

Week06-1024x1024.jpg

I appreciate Chris giving his honest opinion of ufology, which I share. But from a marketing standpoint, you 2 guys are selling "LIFE TIME" subscription plans. Now, if ufology is dying and Chris is losing all interest in it, then how long will he be on the PARACAST as a host? Why would someone buy a lifetime subscription on a dying topic? Are you guys going to move to another theme, like Big Foot? LOL

I am not criticizing at all. I again agree with Chris. But the entire point of your show is the focus on ufology. If the host is losing all interest and thinks the field is dying, then what will be discussed on PARACAST?

I have my thinking cap on!

P.S. When anyone brings up Roswell, Kecksburg, Rendelsham, and the Sorocco Egg, I just turn off. A field that must rely on events 50-70 years ago is dying as a RESEARCH FIELD. However, as a RELIGION it is par for the course. Obviously, Christianity obsesses with events that supposedly occurred over 2000 years ago.

Last edited:
The show is not coming to an end. That Chris is disgusted with the state of Ufology is nothing new. Ufology has been on its death throes for five decades now. There are loads of paranormal mysteries to explore, and if UFOs take less prominence, so be it.

We are offering lifetime memberships at the normal rate for a six-year subscription, and we've been around nearly a decade so far. Despite my personal trails and tribulations, which some of you know about, I'm still here.

I greatly appreciated the critique Gene and Chris gave Jacobs during the After the Paracast talk. It was withering. You weren't that bad during the regular show either.

If someone believed the earth was being taken over by aliens, he or she should have a keen sense of urgency to sound the alarm. Long before now Jacobs should have implemented a monitoring plan, and he should have welcomed the idea now. That said, the notion that we are being infiltrated by hybrids is way over the top; it's amazing that a college professor could believe it.

I just have a very hard time working up any fear about these so-called hubrids. If they have to be taught how to say hello to a supermarket clerk, I can imagine the joys of teaching them toilet training! I just do not see how such creatures could possibly be much of a threat, since it is like programming a tiny child. There are billions of facts that we must learn accumulatively from infancy and through out our lives. And these hubrids are supposed to pick it all up just by hanging out with an abductee? So suddenly these rather doddering hubrids are supposed to take over the world? There goes the electric grid. There goes food production, water, anything that we consider civilization (simply because they are too stupid and ignorant to keep anything going).

I will ask everyone this question: What is the difference between David Jacobs and Dolores Cannon?

Jacobs came up with a paranoid scenario of hubrid dim bulbs amongst us walking into walls and needing to be taught what to do with toilet paper.

Dolores came up with a blissful scenario of aliens who are watching out for us, care about us, and have sent enlightened beings to live amongst us.

Both use hypnosis which has now been rebranded as "relaxation exercises" to be politically correct.

I suspect that BOTH would politely assert that the other one was not using hypnosis correctly.

I would assert that hypnosis = relaxation techniques is an INVALID tool for anything other than coming up with fanciful tales of abduction, reincarnation, and satanic abuse.

Time to put all this garbage out at the curb for pick-up and use in a land fill.

What is wrong with Bigfoot? I mean why is Bigfoot less valid than ETH, abduction or any other "paranormal" phenomena?
It is not less valid per se, but how do you fill a show week after week presumably for years only talking about Big Foot?

Just started playing this show (doing a class plan at the same time).

Nice points at the start Chris about the state of the subject, I wish I had some ideas myself for a fresh approach to the UFO subject but I don't and I wish I did. My absence from the Paracast forum is not just due to my work load but also due to how I have come to feel about the subject as a whole..... as such I find myself rolling my eyes every time I hear or see the subject of Roswell etc come up.
Feels like the same old same old and round and round we go in the same spot.

The only ideas I have are to look into old cultural myths and legends (which you are doing) but even those waters have been polluted by the crazy and unscrupulous sadly (ancient aliens show did some damage in my opinion). This line of study is in my opinion very well worth looking into and could very well produce some information.
Look forward to finding out how things went on your field trip looking for the cave entrance.

I won't mince words. The claims from Dr. David Jacobs about possible hybrid aliens infiltrating Earth society are controversial, and his research methods are hotly disputed.

In this episode, we ask Dr. Jacobs to flesh out his views and research methodology, and how he first came to be involved in UFO abduction research. We also ask some probing questions that raise issues about the value of that research.

Our own views are fleshed out in greater detail in this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. Check here for more information:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Um I had to stop listening to this show.. :confused: I was grinding my teeth.
You guys did a great job as always but I would sooner listen to the show with Don twice than cope with Dr Jacobs. (in fact I would listen to it many times over Don rocks).
My opinion so anyone who has not listened to the show do it and make your own mind up... but this quote sort of sums it up for me.

I will ask everyone this question: What is the difference between David Jacobs and Dolores Cannon?

Jacobs came up with a paranoid scenario of hubrid dim bulbs amongst us walking into walls and needing to be taught what to do with toilet paper.

Dolores came up with a blissful scenario of aliens who are watching out for us, care about us, and have sent enlightened beings to live amongst us.

Both use hypnosis which has now been rebranded as "relaxation exercises" to be politically correct.

I suspect that BOTH would politely assert that the other one was not using hypnosis correctly.

I would assert that hypnosis = relaxation techniques is an INVALID tool for anything other than coming up with fanciful tales of abduction, reincarnation, and satanic abuse.

Time to put all this garbage out at the curb for pick-up and use in a land fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back