• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Newborn cat with one eye! (w/ photo)

• Thread starter Paranormalfreak101
  • Start date

Free episodes:

P

Paranormalfreak101

Cy, short for Cyclopes, a kitten born with only one eye and no nose, was born on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005. The kitten, a ragdoll breed, which died after living for one day, was one of two in the litter. Its sibling was born normal and healthy.

OMFG I cannot beleive it died :( It would of made an awsome pet cat....thing! Just think of it full grown! OMG! :eek:

cyclopeskitten-749760.jpg

i believe it is a hoax. kittens that small do not have eyes developed to such a degree. it should be closed, also when they first open the eyes are all blue then later turn to the color they will be as an adult cat.

snopes is most likely spreading a cool rumor. it is not real. it looks real, they should have used an older kitten. the age of the kitten is what gives this away.

pixelsmith said:
snopes is most likely spreading a cool rumor. it is not real. it looks real, they should have used an older kitten. the age of the kitten is what gives this away.

damn that snopes! trust no-one! :p

Well, it was not a hoax. Even read the article about it. It was soooo freakin cute....:eek:

Even if Cy was not your normal everyday newborn kitten, NEVER forget him!

cyclops_kitten.jpg

you even read an article? oh well then it must be true! LOL.

sorry to burst your bubble but it is not real. if you would like, i can make a cyclops for you too.

pixelsmith said:
you even read an article? oh well then it must be true! LOL.

sorry to burst your bubble but it is not real. if you would like, i can make a cyclops for you too.

ick...too squishy...:eek:

Well, think what you want. I think he was real. It must of been a birth effect. I feel happy for the people who owned Cy.

"OMG! I have a kitten with only one eye!"

Lol. Too bad the kitten died though :(

i have raised kittens, puppies, chinchillas, rabbits, hedgehogs, sugar gliders, llamas, and dozens of other animals for well over 45 years. i know what babanimals look like. this little guy is too young to have such a well developed eye. it would be a very cool thing if it were real. you can choose to believe in it and unicorns too, i really dont care. what ever feels good.

then again, of course i may be wrong, i hope so.

Well, again, it could be a birth effect. Look at the photo again. Notice anything strange about the eye? Cy has not much of an eyelid. That explains why the eye is open. There is also a slight disruption or deformity of the lower eyelid (Or whatever is left of it) [on the midline] that corresponds to a bare patch on the nose, just under the lid. I cant get over the fact that Cy died though :(

yes i looked at it close. as i stated before, the eye is too well formed for the age of the kitten and it should also be blue. note the ears are still not open.

Back